What do you think about the update?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I don’t feel you rubbing it in… If anything, I’m happy for you. I’m just a Little jealous ;-). I got my 130 Pearls out of the daily stuff and that’s it so far. The Tower was a bitch today.

Jim151
    @jim151

The Tower was a bitch today.

Same here. 2 feathers, a blizzard, and then a pig. I just quit.

Anonymous

Proof that Rovio has lost the plot, this latest “promotion” just popped up when I opened up AB2:

IMG_0716.JPG

Honestly Rovio (or @hank if you want to feed this back to Rovio), I am baffled how you think people would spend $160 for this crap…..for $160 I could get some nice Nike’s or Reebok Pumps, or 3 or 4 PS4 games, or a host of other things, but you think we are crazy to spend that sort of dollars on an in app purchase that might last a few seconds!? Seriously!?

You have to be kidding yourself……I mean I wouldn’t spend $20 for all of that let alone 8x that amount.

Rovio you need to consider returning to your roots…The original angry birds you paid a couple of dollars for the game, and a couple of $$ for the eagle. No ongoing in app purchases, less than 10 bucks and the game continued for years with updates. Now you give the games away for free, but charge ridiculous amounts for in app purchases so you can be competitive, or to dress the birds up etc….please Rovio, consider returning to your roots because the path you are walking is beyond stupid (imo).

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@chucky-2
    I spluttered my morning tea when I saw that. In the UK, it costs £99.99 which, incidentally, is $125 at today’s rate.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

For that kind of $$ ($139.99 Canadian) regardless of currency, it will be better spent to take the significant other out for a valentine day dinner. I think you will have a better time after because she or he has a good time.

750 pearls, not enough to get anywhere at the top level hats.
    18000 gems. Sure, maybe I can splurge in the Tower….
    10,000 white feather. That will get Matilda up a level or 2.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I’m not Rockefeller and i better waste my money for roast and swill.

Jim151
    @jim151

For that kind of $$ ($139.99 Canadian) regardless of currency, it will be better spent to take the significant other out for a valentine day dinner. I think you will have a better time after because she or he has a good time.

750 pearls, not enough to get anywhere at the top level hats.
    18000 gems. Sure, maybe I can splurge in the Tower….
    10,000 white feather. That will get Matilda up a level or 2.

A little while ago I sent Rovio $10 to upgrade the free chest to every 15 minutes, 50% more gems from the daily quests, and 50% more feathers from the map chests. With the new update, and the upgraded rewards from the free chests, this seems to be a much more prudent use of funds. I have been keeping track of my gains today. In the last 7 hours or so, I have gotten from the free chests:

375 feathers
    60 gems
    25 pearls
    1 golden duck

I also got 71 gems from the daily quests.

So, double the chest booty for the rest of the day, and it’s:

750 feathers
    191 gems (including the DQ)
    50 pearls.

Over 10 days it’s 7500 feathers, 1910 gems, and 500 pearls.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

The Tower was a bitch today.

@jim151
    Same here. 2 feathers, a blizzard, and then a pig. I just quit.

Three days in a row last week I got a pig card on the 2nd floor after winning 1 feather. Really- 2nd floor demanding 20 gems to continue. 3 days in a row. Rovio if you want to encourage participation and ca$h $pending in your game this is not the way to do it.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Oh and @chucky-2… well said. $160 gets a heck of a lot in real life, and what Rovio is offering just doesn’t cut it on the value scale (and not even close… I bought Skyrim when it came out 5 yrs ago for $45 and I’m still playing the game). That 18K gems would likely be gone in ONE pass through of the Tower… and likely you’ll end up empty-handed.

But one thing I keep in mind is that one of the biggest trends right now in software development and marketing is ‘machine learning’. Companies are trying to predict what their user base does in order to maximize their engagement and thence raise profit revenue.

Rovio tests its player base a LOT- giving different users different experiences, changing gameplay physics for different player groups, even manipulating the game dynamics and I’ll bet 100% they keep track of what people are willing to put up with how far they’ll go to play this PoS game.

This Valentine’s “deal” is just another example. If you’re willing to put out real cash for this virtual icon grab bag, I’m sure your player profile is stuck in a database that records who will get an even crappier gameplay experience in the future- because hey, if you pay for it now, you’re more likely to pay for it again later- and you’re just the special kind of fool Rovio wants playing (and paying for) this game.

Apologies to anyone who has paid for this app, I don’t mean to infer you are stupid (I even paid at the beginning to get the extra gift boxes, until that gift box ‘deal’ was snarfed then I learned that Rovio is not to be trusted). But if you got the disposable cash, by all means, it’s your decision if you want it.

Rovio is clearly out to hone in on the addicted gamblers on its relentless quest for ca$h grab. This whole company just smacks of greed- and $160 for virtual junk? Thanks for comin’ out Rovio, here’s a virtual cookie for trying. #FAIL

Anonymous

@psygaz yeah it is £99.99 (UK), $125 (US) or $160 (AUD)……beyond stupid for something you don’t physically own, and as pointed out could disappear in seconds in 1 tower run.

Thank you @djlarryt, I am honestly at a loss for words over what Rovio feels is acceptable.

With the stupidity that Rovio is pushing, I honestly encourage everyone to use exploits as much as possible to get further in this game. Either that or just simply uninstall, but please don’t be silly enough to purchase that promo as all you are doing is lining their pockets and encouraging Rovio to continue forcing this crap down our throats.

:(

@Rovio
    , please bring back the creators/designers that made the original Angry Birds, or Angry Birds space etc….Those designers/programmers had a vision, and they made the games fun/enjoyable and every level was different from the previous one. Additionally they didn’t feel the need to blatantly rip everyone off for 30-50 levels regurgated to death to make up 1000 levels.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I have played pretty regularily last couple of days and have yet to receive a chest with 5 gems. Not ONCE. Feathers and spells galore – feathers, yea, right, with inflation way up there and spells, well, lolz…

Not to mention today’s Daily Challenge was tricky as heck and Rovio reverted to their older 2-3-4 scheme, instead of the much easier post-update.

Jim151
    @jim151

OK, day over and my final total from free chests:

1450 feathers
    100 gems
    65 pearls
    8 spells

But I’ll ask the question I asked in the fresh thread. What’s the point. If the higher rank you get the more difficult the levels get, what’s the point?

Mike
    @mikelandau

I like level 1000 and that there are now more ways to get black pearls. And they’ve fixed the problem with completing KPP setting you back to level 1. Not a bad update at all.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@cognitive The feather amount from the small chest are too small to make a difference. I have seen 500 feather once and the rest are 100 or less. Spells are somewhat pointless. Runaway inflation means 1000 feathers is not a lot anymore.

Very sad to see Daily Challenge back to the old 2-3-4 scheme and we can no longer dashboard to restart at some point. DC is less of an issue because it is less work to get there again.

KPP on the other hand is downright depressing if you cannot get it done the 1st time. No longer possible to do the dashboard thing. Starting from scratch is just too much regardless of 1 hr or 3 hrs. If I am still in the subway ride, sure let me try again otherwise no. Typical randomness in the structures is the complete killer.

1 suggestion for KPP final king pig level: allow us to take spells in but take all spells away once I get to King Pig room. The king pig rooms are so tough at times that you will go thru all 7 birds and still fail!!! 7 Terence + Bombs may do it but not 1 of each.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Plus @hubert-lo the thinking is that when the time limit is down to one hour, if you can’t dashboard your progress anymore, by the time you get through all the first (4) screens without spells you’d have burned up 10 minutes or so… making you more likely to use gems to continue in the KP Boss room once you finally get there, or go through it all over again because you don’t have a lot of time left.

It’s more like a punishment for not paying to take the quick route.

Jim151
    @jim151

I see 250 often, and got 2 of them yesterday. Got 150 one time as well. I got ~1450 feathers yesterday from the free chest. Even at the 7,000-9,000 level I am currently at, that’s not nothing. It’s one upgrade a week. Not that upgrades mean anything.

LePestilence
    @angrydad666

What do I think of the update? It’s utter crappola, I can’t access tournaments( Sure they will load & tell me how much I am losing) but I can’t actually play in them.

Daily challenge & KPP takes forever for each individual room to load & get more crashes than I get gametime…

Get it sorted Rovio or get bent!!!!!!

Rebbie
    @rebbie

There are so many glitches since the update I don’t like it. Constantly freezes and boots me out no matter which device I play the game on. The arena tournament ended around 4pm today and it’s now after 6pm and I still can’t collect my winnings because I keep getting booted out to the home screen. I’ve tried multiple times. Every time I Play the arena or daily challenges the screen freezes then boots me out!..I was enjoying the game a lot before the update but I’m seriously considering deleting the game entirely..I shouldn’t have to be aggravated playing a game, it should be enjoyable but it’s not any more..

Rebbie
    @rebbie

What are you saying?..more ways to get pearls??..the tower or winning challenges are the only ways I know of to get pearls and it’s not enough. Takes forever to get enough pearls for fancy hats let alone for 7. I’m on level 446 so is there other things I can look forward to between 446 and level 1000?

Rebbie
    @rebbie

What does dashboard mean?.I always have to start over in the challenges when I don’t complete a room..

Rebbie
    @rebbie

Holy moly, I’ve never received anywhere near the rewards in a day that you have. How do you get so many feathers and spells??..I’m on level 446..do you get more rewards the higher you go in the levels?..

ADBjester
    @adbjester

@jo-ha @KayBird I just saw a guy in the Arena who obviously has all the new hat sets and whos birds are now at Level 48, but I cannot explain how this could be possible.

I will explain at least two ways this is possible, both of which have been mentioned on this forum in the uber-thread.

1) They’ve used a jailbroken device or other insecure devices and used a hack that gives them unlimited gems. There are several such hacks out there, easily found via Google. With billions of gems, it is trivial to reach the top of the Tower daily.

2) If you don’t have a device that the above works on (i.e. you use iOS 10), you still do not have to pay for every hat. If you have accumulated only 25,000 black pearls (still a feat in and of itself), you can acquire all 21 hats that cost 25K. This is because hats are stored on the server, but pearls are stored in your device. You just back up your device, buy a 25K hat, restore your device from the backup…. and you get your pearls back, but keep the hat you bought.

Note that #2 also works with 1600 gem treasure chests for leveling up birds as cards get released. If you’ve saved up enough gems, you can back up, deplete your gems on 25x chests for 1600 gems, which will give you feathers and level up your birds. Then you restore, and the feathers are still there (stored on the server), but you get your gems back (stored on your device and restored with the backup).

So, even if you’re an iOS 10 player, all you need to do is accumulate a few thousand gems (easily done, especially if you buy the $10/mo 105 bonus gems letter — these are the cheapest gems in the game by far), and 25K black pearls…. and you’ll have all hat sets and instantly be able to acquire any hat set released.

As a side bonus, opening all those chests gives you not only feathers, but hundreds of each spell (except blizzards)…. so it’s never an issue using all spells in every arena level.

Jester

Crash McCloud
    @crashmccloud

What know of the update, I encountered a robopig. Bitch, took down a tower, then parked below a ledge. NINE birds later,I killed a BLUE……………. RIGGGGGGGED!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@adbjester:
    Yes, in the meantime I stumpled onto the second way in this Forum and tried it. It’s amazing how easy this works… It takes some time, but it works…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

BTW dashboarding still works on the DC but not the KPP. Today’s (Blues) challenge Stage #3 (Foreman Pig stage), I ended up having to use all 7 birds to clear ONE SCREEN (you know- indestructible pig that got directly nailed with birds, rocks, TNT and still WON’T POP)- got pizzed, force closed the app to start over, and saw that my next stage was stage #3.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.