What do you think about the update?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

The new update, IMO, sucks. They are doing everything they can to scam people into buying stuff in the game.

What I find most annoying is the loss of daily gems, and the “quest” requires paying money to complete.

And the arena is completely hosed. It used to be the difference in flock power was 10-15. Now it seems to be 50, 60, 70+ difference.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Level 1 has been completely redone. The original first level is now labeled “level 0” in the data files and functions as a tutorial for the first time the game is open.

Any further changes will be added to my list of changed levels within the next few days.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

I’m not finding the chest that costs 1,600 gems anymore. All I see are common, rare and legendary chests for free/80/900 gems. I’d like to get back to the 25 chest deal as it helps me stock up on spells.

Anonymous

@gjs96743 if I could send you some, I would….

IMG_0709.JPG

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Seriously, how?

So, after a day with this update I can finally say: I aggree with AggieGuy, it sucks.

I was so thrilled about the new hats, but the more disappointed they were als x5 and overpriced.

There are so many things in the game, that went wrong with the update. The Arena ist ridiculous! I was matched up with a Player 30 Levels above me, using ALL FIVE Spells. How am I supposed to win this? …I know how: paying gems.
    I don’t Rovio sees the Point in what they did. They completely took all the Motivation. Why am I playing the daily challenges? To obtain more Pearls for hats I will never be able to buy by regular gameplay?
    Why am I playing the Arena day after day? To earn feathers that don’t mean shit because I will always be matched up with Players on an equal Level?

I went through the 20 new Levels in about 1 hour. Wow. Everything else is not really worth playing anymore. Thank you Rovio.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Copied my message from the Arena Thread.

Hello Flingers!

We found a bug in our Arena Matchmaking that made it possible to get more difficult opponents than intended. We have now changed it live, and hopefully you’ll be seeing more fair matchups in the Arena.

Good luck!
    /Hank

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

No time to read thru the word walls of others so some of my points might have mentioned already.

New screen layout. Its good now that I can get to the hats without going to the arena, something I can do when I have no internet connection.

Daily Challenge There aren’t as many rooms per level/stage anymore. Whether this is just a day 1 thing or permanent remain to be seen. Given what I learned after about dashboarding in KPP, I have a feeling same thing now in DC.

King Pig Panic was changed from 1 hr to 3 hrs for few weeks, now back to 1 hr. Not too happy but then I realize the dashboarding to restart the level you left off is no longer possible. I can go back to main screen for “smoke break” when I complete a level still. For me anyway I will give it a good try but I won’t do any heroic attempts.

Arena Feather payout got a major raise again. Important for those with high bird level. Opponent seems to be a bit higher last couple of days. Usual practices still work. Only need video for couple games.

Hats Just as expected there is a set of cheap (100 pearl each) set every update. Grabbed that right the way to get the slingshot upgrade. Main reason I am just hording pearls to 7000 before getting the pirate set, I can take quick advantage of these cheap in between sets.

Daily Quests Now you need 25 stars to get the gems reward, no big deal with arena. The price gouging Gem Letter thing still around.

Tower For few days now the pig penalty is 20 gems, 50 gems, 100….. Having the 50 gems give me the motivation to push a little bit further maybe.

Conclusion: with the change in KPP and probably DC along with low feather payouts, I probably will do the DC anyway. KPP will be a time burner in the subway.

Jim151
    @jim151

Has anyone paid for the 900 gem chest to see the rewards? I did the 80 and got 40 pearls.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Rewards for chests? You the purchasable gems chests? Where do I see there are additional rewards?

Jon S
    @jon3800

My opinions on the update

Daily Challenge: Got way easier since the first 2 levels are only 1 panel each and the boss room is 2 panels, so I’m liking that.

King Pig Panic: The fact that you can no longer hard stop and return to the same level is a real big issue especially if your game is like unstable like mine and crashes. Yesterday’s KPP used to be a 3 wave boss battle, now it’s been reverted back to the 5 level format. 1 hr is manageable, bring spells.

Arena: Disappointed with it initially since all spell users were back in full force, and rovio even matched me with 2 people with that had maxed out flock level 48 birds (this means they got all the lesser hats + ALL 3 legendary the fancy, steampunk and wizard hats to upgrade their slingshot to pristine silver) and had the nerve to put a elder diamond sling shot in place of it to think I had a chance. I know it’s NOT even possible since all my birds are maxed at level 46 with a elder diamond slingshot. (Level 48 is only possible with buying the other 2 hats legendary hats)

Tower: Lost my incentive to play it ever since they eliminated my 30 floor tower with 3 cards.

Daily Quests: Agree with @hubert-lo and @aggieguy

the biggest let down for me: The CRASHES

Trail levels: I can’t even play them anymore because the moment I select the map or a level, it immediately crashes. The only way I can play them is on Google’s Blue Stacks.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jim151

900 gems for chest?

Mine is either 80 or 1600 to buy chest. The reward is either feathers or spells. Never black pearls.

Anyone else saw 900 gems chest??

Jon S
    @jon3800

@yue-zhang

I never saw it ether. Just 80 or 1600

Jim151
    @jim151

My game shows three chests labeled Common, Rare, and Legendary. The costs at the bottom are Free, 80, and 900. Tap on a chest and you pick one of 5 cards. I tapped the 80 gem chest one time and picked a 40 pearl card. Earlier today I picked my free card and got 5 pearls.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jim151
    wow
    that’s new to me. Could you kindly paste screenshot for this?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

This is how it looks in my game:
    IMG_7753.PNG

Jim151
    @jim151

You do you do that? I have the image saved, I just don’t know how to post it

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

You have to go into your account in the upper right corner of the screen and open “album”, there you have to upload the picture in your album and share it publicly. When you’re done, the board offers you links to the image, take the embedded medium url and copy paste it into an new post here.

Edit: I’m on an iPhone and I needed to start the desktop version of the website.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello Flingers!

We want to make our chests more interesting in the future. The game is moving forward and we need the game to stay fresh, so we are trying out a new way of displaying and giving out our rewards. The changes is both in cost, visuals and rewards. They should be more generous in its rewards, more accessible to all players and more fun to open. Since it’s a test, everyone will not experience this at this moment, but if you’re one of the people who have this change, please leave a note if you like it or not!

I hope that explains why some people can see a different layout of the chests than others.

Take care and have a great weekend!
    /Hank

Jim151
    @jim151

Hey, it worked!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

What happens on the next screen when you open the chest? You get to choose cards? Do you get to chose one or more? Are you able to see what was underneath the other cards?

Jim151
    @jim151

You chose one of 5 cards. After picking, you are shown the other 4 briefly. When I did the 80 gem chest and got 40 pearls, I remember only one other card. It was for 250 feathers.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jim151

@jo-ha

@hank

Thank you all for the explanations and screenshot. Really appreciate it.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I’m not sure but it seems that game takes less battery now. However it only seems.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Apparently today the KPP (I just realized that it is called the King Pig Panic) has the original 5 levels instead of 3. Still cool with me.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.