What do you think about the update?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

• What do you think about the update?

Positive:
    + putting the nest of your birds on the title Screen is very good, not essential to the Arena anymore
    + new title Screen is very comfortable
    + higher rewards in the Arena, very good
    + additional reward for completing every daily “Mission” ist very cool

Negativ:
    – 2 of 3 new hat sets cost 25.000 black Pearls or ToF… that’s low
    – decrease of “free” gems each day

Some Things are very nice, but the Thing about the hats really pisses me off. Why not introduce at least one X3 hat? Why only putting in more x5 hats?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 124 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Another positive is that the feather rewards from the Premium Chests are now higher. As for the Fancy Hats, they’ll always be a distant dream – the pearl prices for them are (still) outrageous, and it’s not like people are stupid enough to waste 100s of $ just to get one of those hats from the Tower of Fortune. Besides, the hats don’t impact the gameplay in any way.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

I paid to get 70 gems per day for 30 days. Today would be day 2. I do not see it listed anywhere…???

SumoBro
    @sumobro

I love the new update. Having played since the game came out, the update puts a sense of freshness on everything.

@scooterbug
    The gem letter can be found in the daily challenges section. A little tip is, if you get the 9.99 prince pack (I think that is what it is called) you will get 105 gems instead of 70, for the same 9.99 a month.
    Thank god the hats don’t require internet connection anymore. I don’t see why that was made a thing anyway.
    On a side note, Daily Challenge now is extremely easy, with the first two stages having 1 room, and the third having 2, and you get 400 feathers for completion. The KPC now has 3 stages, 1 hour, 1000 feathers, but every level has a boss.
    I’ll post more on what I think and find.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Ok found it…thanks!

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@scooterbug You’re welcome.

I don’t like the KPC anymore. With the bosses in each level, it is way too hard. I guess it’s time for me to play the world map again.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wait, what? They changed the daily challenge? Only KPP or even the regular one? KPP is all Boss-Rooms now?

Oh sorry, never mind, just read the post above, thanks.
    Are the Boss Levels any easier than usual, or is it just the same 5-Room Boss Level kind?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

KPC so far I’ve noticed:

1st wave: 3 screens ending with King Pig room
    2nd wave: 4 screens ending with King Pig room
    3rd wave: 5 screens ending with King Pig room

NO SPELLS ALLOWED. It’s like doing 3 waves of the final screen of the previous KPC, and all your little friends are still there to waste your birds (balloon pig, magician pig, laser beam pig, etc etc).

So it’s like getting 3 screens of the worst part of the KPC so 3x the chances of spending gems to finish. All to get those elusive black pearls.

Oh, and you can’t hard stop the challenge anymore and start on the wave you used to be on. Trying this starts you all over again.

KayBird
    @kaybird

I’m still astounded at the number of black pearls required for the Fancy Hat set. And now, they introduced two new hat sets at this same level, i.e., the Wizard hat set and the Steampunk hat set. Unless they come up with new ways to earn more black pearls–and I mean significantly more–I consider the 5X hat sets basically unattainable. I’m disappointed that they’ve brought two more hat sets at this level. Once I finish playing all the levels in the trail map (I’m currently stuck on level 780) and complete the Pirate, Knight, and Winter hat sets, that will probably do it for me. At that point, I’ll probably consider myself done with AB2… unless, like I said, they come up with ways to earn/win significantly more black pearls.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wow, that sucks. Is it still for a hundred Pearls?
    What does Rovio think? Why should I Play KPP anymore? I will never be able to buy x5 hats by putting up with regular challenges, so why waste so much time on a few Pearls?

I just played the newest Boss Level 986 – six rooms and I only once reached the final room with a bird left… wow, it’s like they don’t want us to achieve anything in this game by playing without paying anymore.
    (Finished the Level after 4 attempts but paid 60 gems…)

I like most of the changes, but basically I’m already done with the new stuff I don’t have to pay for.

Edit: KayBird, you say it. I just saw a guy in the Arena who obviously has all the new hat sets and whos birds are now at Level 48, but I cannot explain how this could be possible.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I just played “Flappy Buttstomp” who came into an arena round with every new Wizard hat. So when Rovio says they introduce these unattainable hats to ‘future proof’ their game, what they’re really saying is they can’t stop hackers so they are going to bleed the honest players for revenue- because this is exactly what this new update does.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

IMG_7746_edited.jpg

Oh you mean something like this?

He has to have every new hat and has the highest rank of his birds…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@jo-ha Yep. This means the user would have had to have saved up 175,000 (fancy) + 175,000 (steampunk) + 175,000 (wizard) + 700 (Valentines hats) = 525,700 black pearls (to go from the current highest level). Impossible even with paying to play the tower 24 hours per day since it came out.

So Rovio says “Oh there’s more ways to win higher rewards.” But the AB2 inflation realm this means the bonuses also cost WAY MORE more to purchase. And ‘more ways to win’ does not guarantee winning, yet the costs to upgrade won’t fluctuate. And upgrading anything just puts you in a higher class for what, more points per round which basically equates to a WASTE OF TIME. All the perks cancel each other out.

It’s a lure to get you to spend money. And another update so soon? We just had a tier upgrade last week. I guess profits are down from January, players must be dropping this game left and right because they are figuring out the “in-game purchase” ploy so many developers are using these days, and Rovio is reacting to a drop in revenue with this game.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I would assume, that he already had the fangy hats already, but for the new hats from today, 350.000 pearls are enough to be considered “impossible”.

I think I’m done with buying gems. What’s the point? There seems to be no ultimate goal since all the hats are massively overpriced.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Oh yippee (heavily sarcastic) another 20 levels. Not even with a two week break

Less chance to get gems.

Another new level of bird.

More opportunity for Rovio to bleed some poor people for money.

What an amazing update.

NOT

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

The best thing about the Update: the Increased payout for a 7 game win Streak in Arena.
    1500 Feathers is obtainable if you get a High Streak going.

They also patched a long running bug: If you quit a Daily Challenge (say you at the last part ) by Swiping the Program Close , you originally was able to save your progress without going back to the beginning of the challenge.

Now , regardless of how you quit , you’re forced back to the beginning of the challenge.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

this update include multi-lanuage added. In the past it’s all in English, now it’s all in my local language as set in my iPad.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

You want another example of screwjobbery with this “update”?

Daily Quests: there are 6 now.

Play the Tower” gets you 8 gems. One pig card flipped over costs you 20 gems. Hmmm, I wonder what will happen? …NOT. I guess not enough people are foolish enough to blow their gems gambling, Rovio has to entice you to enter the Tower of Failure by tempting you with an 8 gem ‘reward’

Complete all 6 quests” gets you 200 feathers bonus. Oh wait, one of the quests is “Collect your Gem Letter“? You mean the one we have to “BUY“? So basically the quest completion reward is impossible unless you buy the gem letter delivery.

Shove your game and your greedy tactics Rovio.

Sinkka
    @sinkka

Probably will discontinue playing…

I just updated and went to the arena. My flock power is 146 and the biggest opponent flock power has been 164 for so far. Now after updating the first opponent was 183 and the second was 191 (using amount of four spells).

Needless to say – the first one I lost completely and the second one I didn’t even want to play. I rather wasted the arena ticket and shut down the game, instead of trying the impossible.

I’ve put a lot of time and effort to succeed in the arena, but now I feel pressured to buy and use multiple spells to increase my flock power and in order to succeed. And without the arena I would have to start buying more gems anyway.

No thank you.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Okay, good to know I’m not the only one who realized a significant increase of the dificulty of the arena. 3/4 games I would have lost without paying gems. Same flock power, full five spells…

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Today I’ve seen people much lower than me, with a few spells. They somehow beat me with millions of points more than me. How, Rovio???

FlingerPro
    @ericli

Thank goodness the birds and hats are now in the map. When my wi-fi went down once, I had about 2000 pearls, all useless because I couldn’t access them.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Oh and love the way it’s 80 gems for a single mystery chest but you pay 1600 gems and no longer know how many chests there are because it doesn’t say the number.

These guys should really be reported as fraudsters

Anonymous

FYI the 3 new slingshot levels are ‘Elder Diamond’, ‘Master Bronze’ and ‘Master Silver’ (yet to confirm the last one)..(confirmed).

@jeremyharrod
    if you actually purchase the 1600 chest, it then takes you to a screen where you can see it is counting down from 25 chests.

The strange thing with the chest purchases is Blizzard Spell never seems to come from the purchased chests anymore (last couple of updates), and the only way you can get a Blizzard is from the free chest (afaik).

Sinkka
    @sinkka

And then I just tried to play map… I’ve been stuck in level 387 (boss level) and this time I managed to struggle my way to room number 4 with four birds left. This doesn’t happen every day. And then the whole thing jammed…

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Been playing all day without realizing there was an update, had to manually look for it. The GUI is much better. Still haven’t completed my first set of fancy hats and now we already have more. Oh well.

I see my opponents are bringing spells again. That usually happens right after an update, then things calm down again. Sure hope that will still be the case. It was a real mess when opponents would always be bringing all five spells all the time and we could no longer back out of a match without losing a ticket.

Haven’t tried the tower this evening, but thankfully the backup and restore trick seems to work as well as ever. And there are more daily gems to collect than before. Have to wait until tomorrow to know for certain how many. Haven’t gotten any gems from the small chest yet since I ran the update a couple of hours ago.

And Jo Ha, that is definitely a cheater. A hack. Came across one myself a few minutes ago. Sadly, this is nothing new.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the update?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.