What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

If there is in fact a bug in the King Pack, and I have no reason to doubt what MVNLA2 has posted. Then Rovio have not only a legal but also moral obligation to refund all the money or compensate those players who have purchased the King Pack, not just those who get in touch. We have paid, yet we are not receiving fully what we paid for.

I am disgusted that Rovio haven’t informed players of this fact as they are obviously aware of it.

To say I am fuming about this is an understatement. I’ve just sent off an email to Rovio support.

I would love to hear the thoughts of those who work for Rovio on this matter.

@MVNLA2
    I think this needs to be highlighted and a new thread started regarding this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna @clovos @bankler — Can either of you please answer Asehna’s comments above?

You should start a new thread yourself if you think there is a need for one. As for myself, I’m not sure what different topic the thread would address, so I see no reason to start a new thread.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2 OK, no problems, I can see your point of view, this thread is already running and players will drop by to see what they did get for Red Crown’s Upgrade.

If anyone asked me what they got, I’d say they got ripped off.

Let me explain why…..

I bought a pack, and in that pack I expect everything, not some, but everything to be included. It would appear that I, and everyone else who spent money did not receive what they paid for.

But it appears to get worse, in that, not only did Rovio know about the bug that short changed players feathers, but they kept selling the package knowing this.

Is the Red Crown pack still for sale?

Has the wording of the advert been changed to omit 50% more feathers?

Why did Rovio not stop selling these Red Crown packs when they found the feather bug?

Why didn’t Rovio contact the buyers of the Red Crown Pack and explain there was a bug?

It might only be a few pounds that the Red Crown pack cost, but it is the principle of the matter.

Imagine I went to McDonalds and ordered a Big Mc meal.
    On getting home I discover no fries.
    I go back to the retailer and say there’s no fries, to which they reply, yes we knew that when we sold it to you, but you can have some sachets of tomato sauce as compensation.

Gems as compensation do not equal feathers and I don’t use Facebook to be offered gems anyway. Progression in AB2 for me is about the acquisition of feathers.

If I’ve got any of this wrong, tell me where. I’m a reasonable person! Mistakes happen, it’s then about how they are handled and rectified.

@clovos
    @bankler

(Edit) I will post this quote from Clovos from earlier in this thread, then ask yourselves, is offering gems as compensation adequate? For me it’s not.

“Feathers can’t be bought any other way so you can’t really value feathers with gems.”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — I agree totally with everything you’ve said. I really think you should start a new thread.
    As far as offering gems in compensation, they would need to offer enough that you could get the equivalent of the feathers you lost from the regular and premium treasure chests. That would be who knows how many thousands of gems, which they certainly will not give you.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna — So I sent this back to Rovio:

I think you need to offer everyone who bought the king pack their money back, in addition to keeping the king pack. I don’t think you are likely to offer enough gems to get the equivalent of the feathers you lost from the premium or regular chests. Since they give many non-feather rewards, that would be who knows how many thousands of gems.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2. After thinking about this, it is not you or I that should be starting a new thread, but it should be someone from Rovio.

I’ve looked on the official Rovio site and at the AB2 news there and there’s nothing about the feather bug in the Red Crown Pack.

I, too believe like you everyone should be refunded their money and be allowed to keep what they’ve bought.

I’m awaiting a response from the help desk and will post on here what I am told/offered, but gems will not suffice.

I’m still awaiting a response on here for the valid questions in an earlier post. Some very hard questions there for Rovio. I hope I’ve called this wrong and they’ve stopped selling their flawed product. Silence may be golden, but not in this case……

AB friends and AB2 are the only games I now play, after dropping MonsterBusters due to their Facebook tie in. Ironically AB friends has a bug in it that means I am unable to watch advert videos for (free) slings, quakes, etc. Looking on the friends forum, Rovio know about this bug and will hopefully fix it, next update. Sigh.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

Sorry for the delay on answering this. I wanted to make sure I know what’s true and what’s not before I reply.

It is, like you say, our fault and nobody else’s that we forgot to change the description on what the King Pack included. It was our mistake, and we don’t blame it on anyone else but ourselves. The original offer referred to the chests in the map. When we did the new Treasures, we just didn’t think about that it would be confusing that they visually are represented by chests. And straight out misleading in the context of the King Pack.

For now, we’ve decided to half the cooldown time on the Small Treasures (effectively giving 100% extra free stuff) to players with the King Pack. Also, the King Pack description will obviously be changed. This will be in effect from the next update. How do you feel about that solution?

Of course, refunds will still be available if this solution doesn’t cut it. That won’t change. Again, I’m sorry for the confusion this mistake has caused.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler — Sorry, your solution to change the description of the King Pack just is not right. Rovio “forgot” to change the description of the King Pack, but they sure remembered to make it a lot more difficult to get feathers. You didn’t say when the King Pack was first introduced, but it appeared to me to be a way to make up for the decrease in feathers.
    You need to change the new treasure chests to give 50% more feathers. Not everyone is going to know about the bug or your offer to refund money, let alone ask for a refund. Rovio is the one who made the mistake, and they should make it right at Rovio’s expense, rather than requiring your customers to take action. Further, Rovio has drastically cut the number of feathers you can get (none available by playing the arena), and really obnoxious rewards from the arena and the regular and premium treasure chests, while still reminding us that we can get more feathers by playing the arena.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@bankler – I do appreciate it that you have addressed the matter of the missing feathers, and taken the time to reply; but I think all those that have bought the Red Crown Pack be contacted by Rovio and offered their money back and to keep the pack. Then at a later date, address the issue of the missing feathers (maybe add another life, double gems from chest, etc) then sell the pack again. I think most people would re-buy the pack again. Obviously you would lose some revenue but the goodwill and the view that Rovio have gone out of their way to solve the problem would outweigh that. I have no idea of the logistics or work that would involve at your end, but it would show players Rovio go the extra mile for customer satisfaction.

@mvnla2
    – I agree. And while I have had better rewards from free treasure chests the last two days, the 3 gems, then another 3 gems after watching advert is pitiful. The premium treasure chests are a joke, and Rovio have made a huge mistake in that the item inside is often of less value than the 80 gems it cost to buy it! Once bitten, (no one is going to return for another loss) twice shy.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@aeshna @bankler @clovos — I got a revised response from Rovio support today. It verifies that Rovio has no intention of fixing the King Pack to give what they promised when it was introduced. As I said previously, Rovio needs to make good on what they advertised, not what they meant to say.
    This is from Rovio support:

he issue in the King Pack is that it’s not giving the extra gems from the daily quests as promised, not that it doesn’t multiply the feathers. Only the feathers from the treasure chests in the world map are multiplied, not the ones you get from the daily and premium chests.

Is Rovio going to contact all the people who were mislead into buying the King Pac and send gems their way (and how many gems?), or are they only compensating people who complain?

Circlerev
    @circlerev

If I understood correctly, Rovio will only compensate people who complain. However, Facebook is required to receive gems.

@mvnla2
    The quote from costumer support is a bit misleading. extra gems from daily quest is working. The problem they are talking about is that we have given out more gems than promised from the percentage that we displayed. This means that you get more gems than we are promising.
    About the treasure chest gems misunderstanding, the offer has been the same since the King Pack came out. Before last update the only treasure chests that was in the game was the chests on the map. It’s only since 2.4 was released that the feather increase has been misguiding. We fixed it immediately and its fixed for 2.5.

Regarding how refunds work and compensation for the misunderstanding, I can not give you an update. You will have to talk to our support or contact Rovio through the website.

Circlerev
    @circlerev

If you meant me, I am so sorry for my mistake. :(

@circlerev
    My answer was for MVNLA2. Sorry for the confusion :-) I think you are right regarding facebook requirement. Don’t quote me on it tho!

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@clovos
    No worries, I was not sure about that. :-) I don’t use Facebook anyway. I just accidentally misunderstood something. I know that Rovio Support will handle those requests. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@mvnla2

and thanks for contacting us!

We are terribly sorry for not being able to get back to you earlier. The amount of e-mails that we’ve received has been way beyond what we had ever expected and therefore, we have had some difficulties in replying to all of them in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear that the game is causing trouble. Unfortunately there is an issue with the King Pack not giving the extra gems from the daily quests as promised. There was a slight mistake in my previous message which was posted to the forum, feathers are multiplied like they should, it’s the daily gems which are not added accordingly. Please note that only the feathers from the treasure chests in the world map are multiplied, not the ones you get from the daily and premium chests. We are terribly sorry about this mistake but I’m happy to tell you that this has been fixed in the coming update of the game.

We would be happy to send you some gems as a compensation for this, but to do that we would need to find your account. Have you connected the game to Facebook yet? If not, could you please do so and then get back to us with either the email address you use in Facebook, or your User ID for the game (go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and select Angry Birds 2 and scroll down to “Get help from app developers”, under that you will see your User ID number for the game). After that we will be able to investigate this and send a bunch of gems your way.

Best regards,

This is the reply I received. As I don’t use FB and it looks like I’ve got to join FB to get a few gems instead of feathers.

I think it is ridiculous I have to join FB to be inadequately compensated.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I did get the “bunch of gems” as compensation for the false advertising of the King Pac today. Not sure how many I got, because there was no message associated with the increase in gems. My best guess is that it was 500. So that would buy me ~6 “premium chests” at 80 gems each, which means I would have a slim chance of getting any feathers at all.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@mvnla2 So, how do you get the offer with the scepter and the robe to appear? and how much does it cost?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Rowdypup — I thought you already had the King pac?
    It costs $9.99, and according to Clovos on previous page, these are the requirements:
    “To be able to get the King bird pack you have to be a paying user. You will get it after each fifteen level in the world map.”
    I wouldn’t bet on that being correct, since I bought the previous upgrade a long time ago, and I didn’t get the King Pac offer until after the update about a month ago. Rovio has never said when it was introduced, just that they never intended it to apply to the new treasure chests, not to mention that they never intended you to be able to farm for blue and red gifts in the early levels. And Oh! guess what? they have done away with red chests altogether in the levels (except for the rare premium chest). I think the pac is worth even less than when I first complained about being gipped.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@mvnla2 I just have the Early Bird pack (only available for 2 weeks after the game’s release), so my Red just has a crown. I have seen people in the Arena have the King Pack (or whatever it’s called) for Red, giving him a robe, bigger crown, and scepter (gold rod thing) and I think to myself “Is there an easier way to get the King Pack than paying 9.99$ and beating every 15th level?”. That’s a question I hope gets the front page on a newspaper and thrown at Rovio’s front door so they can “notice” the problem and fix it. Wow- buying this pack for 9.99$ and it being worthless is almost as bad as Nemesis Prime from AB Transformers (who would spend 14.99$ on a bot who just lifts things?)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@rowdypup — Do you remember if you paid for the Early Bird pack? If not, you need to buy something to be offered the King Pac.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@mvlna2 the Early Bird pack was free from the game’s release (July 30th) for 2 weeks, and if you missed the offer, sometimes offers for the pack pop up unexpectedly just in case

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

I’m late to the party, but I actually got this for free! When I open the purchase, I cancel it, and the game bypassed the purchase check for that, giving these stuff for free. Now my friends are jealous.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

Viewing 23 replies - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.