What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

• I spent $9.99 to upgrade red so he has a crown, which I thought was going to give me 50% more feathers everywhere, plus maybe something more. It definitely had several lines explaining what was upgraded. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a screenshot of the offer.
    So far it only seems to increase the arena gifts (when you get a “!” on a birds icon) from 20 to 35 feathers. I just got a prize box of 25 feathers, which I don’t think is 1.5 x the regular amount. In any case, all of the feather amounts available in AB 2 (except from red presents) are incredibly stingy, especially since you no longer get any from the arena.

@clovos
    @bankler
    What you’re supposed to get (thanks to @circlerev):
    1) One additional life: I now have 7, so I probably got it.
    2) +66% daily gift gems (assume daily gift is what your friends send you): I am now getting 5 gems, and I think the previous amount was 3.
    3) +50% quest gems: probably OK, forgot to check all.
    4) +50% feathers from chests (I am very suspicious that this doesn’t apply to the new treasure chests since I got 25 feathers once, which is not 50% more than a whole number).

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Replies
  • Circlerev
    @circlerev

@mvnla2

Fortunately, I have taken the screenshots. Note that the price is in euros, these screens are from Finland’s version of the game.

AB 2 Special offer

AB Special offer 2

RayGamer
    @redbird123

That Red looks so fabulous. :)

@mvnla2
    The feather bonus is affecting the feather reward you get from chests only. It also doubles the amount of gems gained from your daily quests. And more gems from gifts.
    It also gain you one permanent life slot.

On top of all this you gain the most noble Red out there.

It’s quite a bargain in the long term if you ask me ;-)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Clovos @bankler — Well, I guess I didn’t read the fine print carefully enough, but I’m still not sure it’s working as advertised.
    * It says +50% feathers from chests. The new chests at the bottom of the page, one of which you can open for free or an ad, and the other for 80 gems, seem to qualify as chests. Yesterday I got 25 feathers from the left chest. That would be 1.5*16.67, which seems an unlikely number to award???
    * It says +66% daily gift below a red box, which sometimes contains a decent number of feathers, but now I see the word gems does appear. Here I thought you were finally offering a way to get a decent number of feathers, now that you have removed them from the arena.
    * What are you defining as daily gift gems?
    * While I’m at it, I haven’t done more than 1 or 2 of the premium rewards, and not recently, but the rewards seemed to be worth way less than the 80 gems. So it seems that you are spending 80 gems for a good chance of getting something worth less, and a small chance of getting something worth more (not that I’ve gotten it yet). Is this really how you want to milk the game?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos @bankler — Case in point: I just wasted 80 gems on the premium rewards chest to get 2 (count ’em two) blizzards, which I think you can buy for 20 gems each!

@mvnla2
    The Premium treasure can reward up to 250 feathers. You we’re unlucky to get blizzard spells. The reward is random. Feathers are much more common tho.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

I just hope Rovio will make an update to TAKE OFF the crown (I like it, but I miss the “old” Red)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — How about making the smaller rewards from the “premium” treasure chest have equal value to the 80 gems you spend? How many different rewards are there and what is your chance of getting a reward equal to or greater in value than 80 gems?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — I think you misstated the awards:
    Don’t you only get 50% more daily quest gems, not 200%?
    Are the daily gift gems the same as gifts from friends? If not, what are they?

@rowdypup
    Why would we remove such a wonderful thing ? :-(

@mvnla2

Feathers can’t be bought any other way so you can’t really value feathers with gems. I don’t know all the rewards in my head and the exact numbers, but I think its like 100,250 feathers and 1 of the best spells and 2 of the minor ones. I might be wrong on some of them but something like that.
    The can’t really tell you the exact numbers of getting a specific item but feathers is a common reward.

Yes, you are right regarding the daily quest gems its 50% not 200%. My mistake.
    I think its regarding friend gifts and the free treasure box. I will let you know when I’ve asked my colleagues.
    We will probably update the text to be more clarifying in a future update. I will put it on my list.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Clovos — While most of the rewards from the Premium chest sound pretty good, I’m not sure about the spells. How much does it cost to buy 1 ME, or one of anything else you consider “best”? I know it costs 20 gems to buy the minor spells, so you spend 80 gems to get a 40 gem value. So if the possible awards are
    100 feathers
    250 feathers
    1 ME (are there other bests?)
    2 ducks (worth 40 gems)
    2 blizzards (worth 40 gems)
    then you have a 40% chance of getting a lower value “reward” than you spent on the “premium” treasure chest. If the ME or any other “best spells” costs less than 80 gems, the odds of wasting money on the premium chest increase.
    BTW — The free treasure box is called a treasure chest, so you should get 50% more feathers from it as well. Although if you’re actually getting 66% more feathers, I certainly won’t complain.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Clovos — I got 3 gems from the free treasure chest today, and it was only 3 gems despite the graphic showing a huge pile of gems.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Three gems is the standard reward. I get those too.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Clovos @bankler — I think the +50% feathers from chests is either a bug or a case of false advertising. In either case it need to be fixed, since it does not seem to apply to either the free treasure chest or the premium treasure chest.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

The Mighty Eagle spell costs 100 gems. That was mentioned somewhere, so I just wanted to list the base cost.

@mvnla2
    When the Mighty Eagle Offer was released there was no treasure chests. The only chest what the chests in the world map. However, with the newly introduced chests I understand the confusion and we will probably change it for the next update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Clovos — I did not see the ME offer until after the update.
    Also, you need to change the message that appears every time you get feathers saying that you can get more feathers in the arena. Not true!

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@clovos I mean like have the option to take it off and put it back on whenever you want (like Costumes on PvZ2)

@mvnla2
    It does require a few things in the game that you need to fulfill before receiving the offer.

Thanks for the notice about the message. I think its already fixed for next update. I will double check it :-)

@rowdypup

I understand what you mean now. It would be sweet. Lets see what the future might bring!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — What does the red offer require before you get it?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

And if I may tag this on to your question MVNLA2? ….And why are there two different crowned Reds?

One only has the crown but the other has a robe and sceptre.

If I had to guess, I’d say the later is for those that paid and the former for those whose received the free Red upgrade as a reward for playing AB2 from day one, but like I said, that’s a guess.

Anonymous

@aeshna You hit the nail on the head. That’s exactly it.

@mvnla2
    To be able to get the King bird pack you have to be a paying user. You will get it after each fifteen level in the world map.

@aeshna

You are right. But you can also buy the prince pack now as well. The criteria for this is to not be a payer and after each sixth level.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — When was the king pack introduced? I have been a paying user for a long time (forgot what I bought, maybe an extra life?). I was at level 380 (or whatever the previous max was) when the latest update was released. I had not gotten an offer for the king pack previously. So the first time it was offered, I bought it, and it was after the latest update, when the new treasure chests were introduced.
    BTW, I usually finish each new set of levels a few days after they are released. I am currently level 25 in stars and have 2 level 7’s and 5 level 6’s.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Iida (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
    Jan 13, 11:10
    Got a response from Rovio Support:

Hi there,

and thanks for contacting us!

We’re terribly sorry to hear that the game is causing trouble. There is in fact a bug in the King Pack and 50% more feathers are not added. We are aware of this and the developers are working to fix this as soon as possible. We can either send you some gems as a compensation for this or you could ask for a refund for the purchase from Apple. Do get back to us with your Facebook login email address if you wish to receive the gem compensation, we will then send a bunch of gems your way! Our apologies for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Iida
    Rovio Support Team

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What did I get for Red's Crown Upgrade?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.