What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 255 total)
  • Replies
  • Jim151
    @jim151

You are talking about two different things: the strength of opponents you get matched with for battles, and the competitiveness of the other players in your league.

I’m mainly talking about the strength of opponents. I rarely if ever see a team that isn’t 45/10 and fully loaded with the best set items. being 45/10 with top of the line set items myself, I can usually beat them if I win the flip. If I lose the flip, I lose about 50% of the time. Which means I’m good for about 10 battles on average, and I frequently can’t get all my objectives in 10 battles. With objectives like “Win with all of your birds alive”, I have to choose between winning with one or more knocked out, or lose the battle. I currently have “Knock out Matilda with Blues 5 times”, and I have to continually reset the game to get a team with matilda. It takes 8-9 resets to get one, and that’s not very appealing anymore.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@devabol Here is @killerkea ‘s suggestion which I believe has got to be the best advice for this one.

“The easiest way to do this is to use Whip Up on Captain and have him explode after weakening the enemy birds. Things that will make it even easier is to use Skulkers’ weak spot ability. Depending on the situation you can either have him use his skill on himself to give all enemy birds a weak spot or attack a bird that has a lot of health like Red to reduce his health to be in the Captain’s explode range. Also a high damage bird like the Bard or Wizard is good to lower the health of the strongest enemy or enemies. I think it is better to use the Wizard since he has lower health and does more damage than the Bard.

Why would you want a bird with lower health? The answer would be so you could use the underdog emblem to give your Captain an extra 40% damage to his explode. When one or more of your birds gets knocked out the remaining birds get a 40% bonus to damage. If you are using both weak spot and underdog, then your explode becomes 1.3 * 1.4 = 1.82 or 82% stronger than an unmodified explode. Add the additional 60% from Whip Up and your damage increases 2.912 times normal so a level 41 Captain would do around 3000 to all enemies with explode. That is enough damage to take out all level 41 rank 10 birds except Red when they are at an unmodified 100% health”.

SmokeJumper
    @smokejumper

objectives of the two days
    win battles in the arena and defeat 3 characters with chuck!

Win 2 battles in the arena during the turn of the enemy! ((Hateful and difficult))

Win 3 battles in the arena playing with the shaman class and cleric!

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Win 2 battles in the arena during the turn of the enemy! ((Hateful and difficult))

Pretty simple I think.

1) Use Druid and Rogues in the battle.
    2) Damage the banner but not enough to finish it off.
    3) Use Druid and Rogues to damage the banner.
    4) Stay alive long enough to see the banner’s life go down to 0 every turn the enemy gets.
    5) Profit!

MusicOfTheApes
    @musicoftheapes

Right now : win 5 with thunderbird, which of course I don’t have (just got sea dog during the last event after months of saving lc…).
    From first position I’m now 9 and certainly won’t make it to the next league because of this stupid system.
    They really should implement a “borrowing system”, like borrowing for free a rank 1 class you don’t own, or for xxx snoutlings a rank Z, etc…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Rovio will not implement such a system because those kind of daily objectives can bring players to buy Lucky Coins for real money so they can get the class in question.

BHShaman
    @bhshaman

Hate knock out 3 birds/ 1 attack. Set resurrection means triple kill fails and resurrection flag revive means triple kill fails.

angryde
    @angryde

@bhshaman I agree with you 100% I have very little experience using any team other than ‘Venomous’ with a diamond level ‘Blessed’ Set and a diamond level ‘Vengeance’ emblem. The moment I move out of my comfort zone – which I am forced to do in order to successfully complete this objective – I’m highly vulnerable. Particularly because I don’t have any of the LC purchasable classes… it makes me so nervous! I usually lose one or two arena lives trying to complete this objective! Pathetic! (Edit: Note: this post was written in a ‘reliving the horror’ headspace… things as less dire NOW:ATOP. Clearly still traumatized!)

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde Why don’t you just bite the bullet and buy Paladin. You are, after all, using the advantages of having a Facebook account. I think using LC classes is far more acceptable for a purist of the game than using Facebook. And you would still be unique in having completed the island and caves without using any LC classes. But you just don’t know what you are missing without having Paladin.

I am sure if I mention any other LC coin classes, there will be a big discussion on what to get first, second, etc. But I think you will find Paladin fits really well with your style of playing in the arena (Blessed set + Rogues, Rainbird and Druid). Just try substituting Paladin (with Protectors’ Aura) for Rainbird. Also, have a go (some Aussie slang there) at switching the Vengeful emblem with Time Jump or Rage Shield (best option when fighting a team with Wizard).

When I try the knock out 3 birds with one attack, I use Capt’n after he has buffed himself. The other classes are usually Druid and Rogues. I also try to do it with one of the first opponents, since you normally get 2-4 weak opponents when you get a new set of objectives. Lastly, I try to do the knock out 3 birds twice with the same opponent. Often this is possible, and I prefer to do this as you just can’t guarantee the next opponent will be suitable.

Baconizer
    @korath88

I hate the sea dog and thunderbird objectives. Of all the class specific objectives, why are these two the most common? In fact, these two seem to be the only challenges that require a specific class, or are paired with another required class. And why do they have to be worth 3000 points?!? I’m sick and tired of having my promotions delayed because this objective pops up just ONCE. If anything, the Sea dog and Thunderbird objectives should be scrapped. No need to punish players for not purchasing unnecessary classes.

burbman
    @burbman

@korath88 – definitely not the only specific class challenges, as I got win 5 battles with Tricksters yesterday. It just seems like it is because there is no way you can meet it with your current bird lineup. Missing 3,000 points is a lot, but really not that hard to grind for over the course of a week to make up and keep pace with the competition.

angryde
    @angryde

@kerravon Hi, mate, thanks for the feedback! I totally know what you’re saying… but I’m at a point now where I’m resisting purchasing the LC classes out of… well, I don’t know… stubbornness?!? I wanted to make it to the diamond league sans-LC classes – as a sort of challenge – and now that’s done I’m sure I’ll crack at some point. I’ve become very attached to having over 1100 LCs saved the hard way… and I’m not sure I could bear to see that figure drop… yet! I keep saying that I’ll use the LCs to roll for more LVL-45 epic items or more diamond arena banners/tops but I never do… Lulz. Anyway, I can and do complete this objective… usually, by using a Wizard/Spies/Pirate combo and a super-aggressive banner/top. It’s become considerably simpler since I free-rolled a couple of diamond level banners/tops, for sure… getting through it OK these days. My post referred to my past experiences… absolute nightmare!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde you have obviously cracked this objective but tricksters pirate plus whatever you choose works really well. I use this pair plus Paladin/samurai for the knock out 10 birds per battle objective.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde I can appreciate what you are trying to achieve. I also wonder if your reason for getting Facebook was to avoid spending LCs to open Friendship Gates.

At this stage in the season – only just over 1 week left – you may as well hold out until the end of the season. But when (if) you decide to buy the LC classes, buy them one at a time. You can upgrade them one at a time at the Dojo all the way to rank 10 very quickly. It costs around 20,000 snoutlings per class and takes about 15 minutes each.

I also just realised that you only recently made it to the Diamond league. I suggest you do what you can to get a Diamond level Time Jump emblem. If you have plenty of FE, re spin the rewards wheel at the end of the week. I basically use Time Jump or Rage Shield whenever I am playing.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley I find that the good ol’ “Venomous” team works brilliantly re: the “knock out 10 opponents in one battle” objective. With the “Blessed” set plus the “Ressurection” emblem I find that I can pretty much survive – indefinitely – in a single battle with a 850-920 ranked opponent.

angryde
    @angryde

@kerravon Honestly, I just linked the game to FB as soon as I downloaded it because I was in sheep-mode… and, at the time, believed it to be a requirement! Lulz. Yeah, I did what you suggested with priestess… less than two weeks ago… got her from brand spanking new to 45/10 in 20 minutes… at a cost! But I have so many snoutlings from obsessive SRC farming that it’s completely absurd! And you’re absolutely right… I only managed to reach gold in S:I but was determined to reach diamond in S:2. I scraped in during W:8, I believe!? Oh, and I’ve been super, super lucky with my GP free-rolls since, so I really can’t complain! As you say, I’m intending to drop perhaps 50 LCs on the AGPM during the rainbow riot tomorrow and then again at the end of W:12… just to see if I can fluke a diamond level “Blessed Idol” (my current is only platinum; diamond “Blessed Blanket”). FYI I’ve managed to get most of the useful diamond level emblems… really fun playing around with them. Thanks for the lengthy replies and advice, mate!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I never think to play the venomous team even when I have to play Matilda and blues I use Skulkers and Druid. I use Mighty Wings so such a team woudn’t get the best from the banner. My grinding team is Paldin Captain Skulkers I find venomous teams easy to beat so I am wary of using them and I probably wouldn’t use them optimally because I have zero practice. I might play around challenging friends if I have the time. Always good to have something else in the armoury.

Baconizer
    @korath88

I use the venom team all the time (unless an objective requires another combo), probably because it works best with the Blessed set.
    I normally use the rage shield emblem. No need for fancy diamond emblems, as I can already win almost all my battles, provided their team power is below 850. The weaknesss emblem, however, is a direct counter to this combo.

In regards to my previous post, the game decided to prove me wrong by giving me a “win 5 battles with Rogues” objective. Still doesn’t really explain why the sea dog and thunderbird objectives are so common though.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley So funny how we become so attached to certain styles of play and certain combos. I’m just on auto-pilot with “Venomous” now. My rank is only 829 and I can usually 15000/30000 any combination of birds under 930. Above 930 – depending on the banner set – 15000/15000 is my worst case scenario result. However, if I have to use a radically different lineup, sheer panic and a general lack of familiarity causes me to make mind-numbingly stupid decisions… really mortifying!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I routinely pack 944 which can rise to 947 but most Of my opponents are very similar. After 2 seasons I have used every bird but I well remember in season 1 when asked to play a bird I had never used. I hadn’t a clue. Thankfully I have seen the best way to use them all by now but I like my comfort zone. A whole new team no!

Bossk
    @henjovr

947 is the absolute max rating for teams.
    My ideal team is rated 921 (Rainbird, Paladin, Rogues) with Blessed Set.

I like the Arena for encouraging using different teams.

There aren’t many dailies I hate, although the knockout-3-with-1-attack is annoying.
    That one takes a lot of planning and management to do.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley @henjovr I think my highest APR combination is something like 842… quite awful! And that’s entirely comprised of classes and arena sets/emblems that I NEVER use! That’s primarily because I’m still using a few LVL:37-41 epic set pieces… unfortunately. I’ve often wondered what it must be like to have a heftier APR. I very, very rarely lose a battle with my trusty but underpowered ‘Venomous’ + ‘Blessed’ + ‘Vengeance’ combo… but I can imagine that you guys NEVER do..!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I still lose battles although I rarely end the day without 1 banner intact. Time jump with venomous sometimes gets me because I can’t use thunderbird cleric captain which is my favourite combo for time jump and I find these battles biased. I used to use the time jump emblem but one morning I faced 3 in a row. Between them they had 26 jumps I had one. I lost 3 banners and ditched the emblem. I am also not above making a stupid move.

I don’t have any particular dislike of any objectives but contradictory ones are irritating. I do feel bad for players who don’t have all the birds because they do seem to be asked to play them more frequently than I do.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Hey, then feel bad for me! But, seriously, I don’t find the absence of the five LC purchasable classes that frustrating anymore. I did at one point… but I’m so used to grinding out the difference – points wise, in the arena – that I’ve stopped noticing. Lulz! I found it interesting that the ‘Venomous’ team can give you some trouble… but, then again, I guess every line-up has its vulnerabilities, yeah!? In my experience the 45/10 Paladin/Wizard/Sea Dog combo + full epic sets (45s + esp. chain attack + critical enabling items) + ‘Blazing Eye + Blazing Cloth’ + the ‘Time Jump’ emblem + losing the toss is the most dangerous (to the ‘Venomous’ team). This is the one line-up that – given optimal conditions – can absolutely devastate even a well-equipped + fully leveled ‘Venomous’ team. Eeep!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde the blazing set is the one I like to play least. I have it but prefer Mighty Wings unless I have … With rage ability in my objectives then I swap. The time jump is a pain to play because you never know how many the enemy will get. I used it for 9 or 10 weeks but it didn’t really give me a significant advantage.

I now know what I hate the most about objectives: winning a hard fought battle by the skin of your teeth with a team you wouldn’t choose and then rolling 15 snoutlings.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.