What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 255 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade — Thanks, will try tomorrow morning.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon @mimi27 — Somehow I got partshade’s notification before yours. Thanks for all the advice. I am waiting until I’m totally refreshed tomorrow morning, since I can only lose one more battle.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I am sure you will do all sorts of planning and be confronted by the solitary level 1 knight tomorrow morning.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — I’ve never seen him, and what are the chances that I’ll get him twice in a row? I need to win 2 more battles.

Jim151
    @jim151

Today I got the task to “win 2 arena battles during the enemies’ turn”. I used rain bird, Druid, and Rogues, and won the first battle easily. I then got credit for both and got the points. Weird.

For the “win battle without knocking out any birds”, I go with samurai with protector’s aura, bard with nightmare, and Sea Dog with scissors. Samurai does nothing but shield, Bard and Sea Dog do all the fighting. Birds are pretty protected, and I use the chili on Matilda to heal. Takes a while, but it’s pretty reliable.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

The opponent I just faced in arena has a name of “StopRequiringSeaDog”.

I got a good chuckle out of that.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I ran into a new objective today. Win arena battles and kill 10 birds each battle. Doesn’t seem too difficult… Maybe.

NO.jpg

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinma perhaps you are supposed to drag the battles out so that you knock out each bird several times. I have to say 95% of the battles I fight are chuck Matilda rogues or red Matilda rogues with the vengence emblem. They take a few rounds and I often achieve 10 knockouts.

Edit. Seem to have lifted my jinx haven’t met that team once since writing. Been counting though I get 5 or 6 without really trying.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon @mimi27 @partshade — Thanks again for your help. I did get my final 2 battles today without defeating any birds. I did it with by mixing together all of your suggestions.
    The team I used was
    Paladin with Protector’s Aura
    Skulkers with Save Me
    Druid with Doom
    My banner had health of 10944, silver pot with critical strike, sinister cloth and rage shield.
    I just don’t seem to know how to use Samurai, and Bard wasn’t working all that well. Also haven’t used Marksmen enough to effective with them.
    Just noticed that items like silver pot and silver goblet can have different properties (stun, critical strike, or chain attack), but you can’t tell which they have by looking at them.
    Anyway, now I’m 8th
    Scores on my board are
    23 me
    etc
    lowest is 11K
    So everyone is playing, and I don’t think anyone is cheating.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – sorry I’m late to the party regarding the beat banner without knocking out birds objective. I have really good luck with the following team

Samurai with Grand Slam,
    Cap’n with Scissors
    Skulkers with Save Me
    Banner with Might and critical attack headpiece.

First turn
    Skulkers attack enemy banner
    Cap’n buffs Samurai
    Rage chili to Samurai

Continue attacking opponent banner and keep skulkers weak spot active on it.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@bubbley
    Yeah, it was pretty easy to do. As you can see, I did the knockout 3 birds objective first and managed to get one tick on the kill 10 birds objective without even trying.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@marioandsonic
    Funny thing is that after I aquired Seadog, I’ve not seen it since! I think it’s a conspiracy.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

All I have to say is F this objective:

win arena battles and knock out 3 birds while they are attacking your banner

EDIT: just saw the cupcake trap trick – I was trying this with just chuck Mage which wasn’t good

MysticBurn
    @renitz

Don’t use Red to much this week, seems to have some issues about gender, bit conflicted, has to figure out some stuff, may not be completely battle ready with that mindset.
    As seen in objective description: “Win 2 arena battles with Red and prevent him/her from being knocked out!”

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Oh no! Not Metroid all over again?!

mich
    @m-ich

@hack1ge
    Cupcake trick helps a lot, but if you add a Thorns emblem to your banner as well, with a little luck you can finish this objective in a single battle.

The new objective I hate most is “Knock out 30 birds”. Not because it’s hard to do, but because it takes so long. I haven’t lost a single battle this week, but still ended up with three losses every day because the game keeps freezing on me. Had this objective yesterday, it took me 10 battles. Directly after completing it, I had my third daily freeze and ran out of arena attempts. A little too close for my taste, since all of these freezes make grinding impossible (I don’t want to pay lucky coins for new attempts), so I can’t really compensate for failed objectives.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got that objective and did it in 4 battles. Normally I’ll get about 5 knockouts per battle, but I intentionally prolonged one battle so I had 14 knockouts. However I don’t recommend doing this because I was wasting a lot of time and not getting any points when I could have finished 3 battles in the same amount of time and gotten 3 wheel spins instead if one.

I haven’t lost as many battles as you due to freezes. I lose about one battle/day due to a freeze or bug and there have been a few weeks where these bugs kept me from advancing, but usually it is cheaters that keep me from advancing. Last week I finished with my highest score ever. I had over 70,000 pts in the platinum league and got 5th, but I would have gotten 3rd and scored 10k+ more if the freezing didn’t cause me to quickly lose 5 battles in 2 days and prevent me from completing objectives.

Anonymous

@renitz Wow that’s weird but I’m pretty sure Red’s a dude :D.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Believe me or not. Win the battle and beat 30 birds should be the easiest objective and you can gain it through grinding.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@neomerlinmagic
    This isn’t difficult at all. All you need is:
    Red/Paladin with Titan set
    Matilda/Druid with Nightmare set
    Blue Trio/Rogues with Save Me or Crossbow set

You may notice Chuck isn’t deployed because you should avoid multi-target fighter.
    The banner should use Blessed set with Vengeful or Revenge banner.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 I think using Chuck’s Rainbird is better for healing and attacking than the Druid since he heals more, can use the Reborn set and do damage over time to all enemies. The Druid can’t cleanse unless you waste the chili on her. Chuck’s Speed of Light attack is much more useful for knocking out all enemy birds quickly. Use the Sweet Flag or Blessed set and you’ll have plenty of healing.

Knocking out 30 birds is not the easiest objective since it takes longer than almost any other objective to complete.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 I don’t use the disconnect your wi-fi or other methods to get easy opponents every time because it feels too much like cheating to me. I think Rovio needs to fix this in a future update. However I’m not above dodging really tough opponents. I will start a battle with Piggy McCool when I see an opponent that could easily beat me when I lose the coin toss.

To me the game would be pretty boring if I always fought level 39 birds with no complete sets since the possibility of losing would be close to zero even if I lost the toss every time.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea If you come up against a difficult opponent that you don’t wish to fight, you can force close the app and restart the game. When the game starts up again you have your next opponent. I don’t see this as cheating. You just avoid the long wait between opponents.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Thanks. I know that trick too. I use an iPad 3. It takes me 53 seconds to relaunch the app and get back to the arena. To start a fight with Piggy McCool it only takes 30 seconds to get back to the arena and that includes having to watch part of a video. You just immediately end both the video and fight as soon as you can so I’d rather do a couple more clicks and save those 23 seconds.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Thanks for that. I didn’t realise that all you needed to do was start a fight with Piggy McCool’s team. I’ll give that a go now.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.