What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 255 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

My newest least favorite objective – “knock out Matilda 5 times with Matilda” I find that my diamond league 45/10 team very rarely runs across a team featuring a Matilda, then to time her knock out so that my Matilda is in a position to deal the blow, ugh! Had to play for three hours last night before I finally achieved the objective. Fortunately I picked up a lot of grinding points in the process, but I do not really need them since there are only three players with scores on my leaderboard, and neither of the other two has even completed all the objectives.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley I agree with you completely re: the ‘Time Jump’ emblem. It seems so good in theory… but, like you, I found that it’s deceptively inefficacious. I found – using ‘Time Jump’ – that I was completing 75% of my battles at 15000/18000-22000… whereas I find – using ‘Vengeance’ – that I tend to complete 90% of my battles at 15000/27000-30000. I realize that these/my observations are completely anecdotal… but, nonetheless, it seems somewhat telling. At the very least, it suggests that the ‘Vengeance’ emblem is uniquely enabled by the various strengths/weaknesses of a tooled-up ‘Venomous’ line-up. Thoughts!?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I can’t be specific as that about time jump because to be honest I win most of my battles without too much difficulty. Also when I used it my line up was paladin, sea dog, lightening bird for most of the time and I had the Blessed set. I still had the Blessed set when I stopped using time jump. Personally I like to be able to rely on my assets so I prefer to use emblems that don’t rely on chance.

I think vengeance is one of the best emblems available. I don’t like playing it because for the most part I have to swap Skulkers for Rainbird and he is more vulnerable without the Blessed set. It is actually worst on Mighty wings or the Blazing set because those banners give extra power in various guises and you have to deal with exploding birds.

I do think that the venomous team works well with the Blessed set and the vengeance emblem. It also very good with retaliate and resilience. I base this on how difficult each is to play. I have to use RB with retaliate but I also use the rage shield against that emblem. With the resilience emblem on the Blessed set the potential healing is huge and cupcake trap (I would put it on your banner although I have never met an enemy who does this) it’s a killer. Banner gets 30% less damage and enemy gets 100% more. One of the reasons I use Captain in my line up.

I’ve never used a venomous team so what do I know but if I had to that’s how I would play.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley and @angryde I know my situation is a bit different to yours, since my arena team is only level 20 (I don’t play in the arena with my level 45 team). My birds are mastery ranks 7, with a couple at 8. My opponents vary from level 18 to 35, with ranks 5 to 10. Some low level players have paid to get mastery rank 10 birds. So I get a lot of variation in opponent levels/ranks. But I don’t see a lot of Sea Dog, Skulkers or Thunderbird.

I can’t comprehend using any team but a venomous based team for grinding (mine is Paladin, Druid and Rogues). @bubbley, I know you have been successful for a long time, but I can’t see how you can go into battles without a strong defensive position as a starting point. I guess you have just learned from experience what works and what does not and you have a number of diamond level banner sets available to you.

I find the most difficult objectives to be the ones where I have to move a long way from a venomous team. I struggled a few weeks ago to complete an objective of using Bomb in 5 battles. I am sure that must seem odd to you.

The only emblem I find necessary is the Rage Shield, which I use when the opponent has a wizard. I have never used the Vengeful emblem. I didn’t even have one until this season. @angryde, I think you may prefer this emblem because you have Rainbird in your team, who can be quite vulnerable and will be knocked out quite often. So the Vengeful emblem works when you use Rainbird. I have Paladin instead, and Paladin only gets knocked out if I lose a battle. Druid is knocked out the most often and sometimes Rogues will lose a life. But I think I would get very little benefit from using the Vengeful emblem.

I am sure Thorns or Retaliation will help by causing a little more damage to opponents, but I find the Time Jump is the emblem I use the most (when I don’t have the rage shield). My birds generally don’t get knocked out so I usually get a lot of extra attacks in arena battles with this emblem. I have also considered the Resilience emblem, but find the opportunities offered by the extra attacks from Time Jump to be more beneficial.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon I guess I must believe attack is the best form of defence. I haven’t thought about it but even when playing the normal Epic game including caves and dungeon I have almost never used Matilda unless playing Ninja. All of her classes were the last to reach 10 mastery and I only bought Bard when all my other birds had reached it. I used paladin wizard spies for most things. Throughout the caves until completing 11 I used wizard spies and McCool etc. I didn’t have a Facebook account at that time. I value the benefit of healing which is why Paladin is my go to bird in the Arena. I also use scissors I don’t have a 45 candy set. I have both reborn sets. With those sets when I lose the toss 95% of the time I still have 3 birds after the first attack. Sometimes a ballister will take out Skulkers. In the Arena you don’t die.

I have been in the habit of using Rainbird when facing vengeance but this morning I actually looked at how many times he had the opportunity to heal. In fact maximum once. So I have stopped doing that and just go for the banner. Works just as well and the benefit is I won’t forget that I have changed my line up.

I have both Mighty Wings and the blazing set at diamond level this time but last season from week 10 until week 7 of this I used the Blessed set. I still used an attacking team. I did use time jump and with paladin sea dog lightening bird it was a good combination. Sea dog could just bash away.

Time jump is unreliable against time jump. The opponent gets many more jumps and at my level more that 30% of my opponents have it. So obviously many think it’s the best but for the most part I beat them. I have to admit, unless it’s a venomous team, I use thunderbird, cleric, captain and my first move is shields up. Then I explode the bomb. They happily jump away and knock themselves out. Yes it’s a defensive strategy but I don’t use it for anything else unless it’s an objective.

So I am adaptable but I need to believe I will win so I attack. I will say it again because I think it’s important. You don’t die in the Arena you get up and fight back.

BINH
    @binh

till now i manage to complete every objective except for classes i don’t have. i got the sea dog objective 3 times in a row; i’m in diamond league & it’s really frustrated

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley I have not had any problems facing an opponent with Time Jump. Once I start knocking birds out, I get more attacks than the opponent birds and more chances for my Time Jump to activate. So Time Jump always works out in my favour.

The emblem that I don’t trust is the Resurrection emblem. There have been several occasions where an opponent bird has revived 4 times in a row. Depending on what bird this is, this can be really bad. So I am very selective when I come up against an opponent team that has this emblem. I usually just pass. Also, since healing is a major part of the venomous strategy, I usually pass on teams that have the Weakness emblem.

I think one advantage that venomous teams have is that they mostly complete battles with 3 stars. It might take a couple extra rounds to complete a battle, but with all the healing, the banner stays at or near full health. This makes it much easier to get 3 stars.

I guess this all just shows that there are a number of successful strategies that can be used in the arena. And if it is working, then stick with your strategy.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon as you say whatever works. I can say that of the dozen or so weeks I used time jump I never had more than 2 per battle and frequently only one and the morning I ditched it just one against 3 time jump opponents who had 26 between them. The resurrection emblem holds no terror for me. I find that the birds always go down with chain effect if not the primary target and also exploding the bomb sometimes takes all 3 down. They also usually go down if hit more than once in a round.

Certainly I encounter few venomous teams and most of my opponents have no healer in their line up. I agree with @burbman: I just had knock out Matilda 5 times. Difficult to find 5 to knock out.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I think this combo is more intriguing:
    Beat the enemy with Bomb three times
    No Bomb
    Defeat all enemies in one blow two times (this requires Captain)

—-or—-

Beat the enemy with Red three times
    No Red
    Protect Red from beaten three times

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley I tend to simply to knock out Matilda 5x within the same battle! Far easier than waiting for Matilda to appear 5x in 5 separate battles!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@Angryde yes I agree and that has been my previous handling of this objective and similar such objectives. But as the weeks have progressed I don’t see many Matilda’s and when you have to knock them out with Matilda, especially since I rarely use her, it’s not quite so easy. Achievable but it takes more than a few battles. I think there may be some sort of matching going on. @kerravon seemed surprised that I don’t take a healer but as I said most opponents I see have no healer. I am matched with attacking teams I think. Of course I could be wrong.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Just had these three ones today:
    – Win three arena battles in total (easy)
    – Win three arena battles with 10 bird kills per each one (made only one)
    – Destroy bird banner three times using Rage Chili.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@gulgor0 knock out 10 birds per battle I use Paladin pirate tricksters. I have the rage chilli so I first explode the bomb whether I win the toss or not. Then pick off the birds don’t touch the banner. I find that I always have an opportunity to raise might wth either bomb or blues and then it’s just knocking them out one after another. Banner will be getting slowly weaker and then when you have done enough give red the chilli for the banner etc.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley I wasn’t surprised you did not take a healer. Just that you don’t set up and start your battles from a defensive position – other than using the revival sets. By the way, Matilda is very common in my level 20 game. I would say at least 30% of teams bring Matilda. Most of these are Druid, but I also see Princess and occasionally the other classes.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 The “Defeat all enemies in one blow” does not require Captain. It is just easier to complete with the Captain. I’ve completed that objective with different versions of Bomb, different versions of Chuck, Spies and even Paladin. The game gets boring if you do everything the same way every time.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@bubbley
    Defeat enemy 10 times in a battle can be a bit tricky. The key is: do not use multi target character (Chunk is obviously NG).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mingkee27 thanks but I never have any trouble with this objective. To be honest my biggest difficulty is keeping count. I usually then add a couple for luck so I’m sure I knock out at least twelve. The only time I wrote it down I must have double counted because I didn’t get awarded it!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Doe anyone know for sure if everyone in your league gets the same objectives each day? That would seem to me to be the only fair way to run a competition, but that may not mean much. This might have changed since the first season, when people in the same league were getting new objectives at different times.
    I seem to be embarked on season 3, despite my thoughts that this is a huge waste of time.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I know for a fact that each player gets unique objectives each day. There is no fairness factor.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — How do you know that? Have you been in a league with someone you know in Season 2?

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 I often wonder the same thing… and if there are any other players on my league table grinding (like me!)… to compensate for losing easy points on Paladin/Thunderbird/Bard/Sea Dog/Skulkers objectives… which I seem to get saddled with every single day!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 I was recently in a league with @londojowo we definitely had different objectives each day.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@mvnla2 I was in a league last season with @bubbley and I can confirm that we never had the same daily objectives

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mingkee27 I disagree. I really like using birds like Spies and Rainbird for the knockout 10 birds objective. It helps a lot to have a bird that can heal and a bird that damages multiple targets is great. Using Chuck lets you takeout 2 birds with his Speed of Light attack then you just pick off birds as they revive.

mich
    @m-ich

@killerkea I see where @mingkee27 is coming from with this. Using birds that do (a lot of) splash damage, you run the risk auf destroying the enemy’s banner before knocking out the 10th bird. It often works this way, but to more reliably complete this objective, I like to focus on single target birds and equipment as well.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum What daily objectives do you hate the most?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.