Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 12 replies - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@rhys4aufc try tapping the reward wheel rather than swiping it.

@angryde
    good heavens how do you manage to stay sane? My game has never ever shown an add automatically. I am convinced I bought it to begin with though. The only game I downloaded for free was Stella which I binned in less than 10 minutes because of the adds.

burbman
    @burbman

@angryde – Consider purchasing the least expensive IAP in the game. The removal of the ads is definitely worth the small cost. I don’t think I could play with random ads popping up all the time. At least now I can choose when I want to run an ad to receive some benefit.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@angryde I admire your determination. However, proverb about it being “better to light a single candle than to stand and curse the darkness” comes to mind.

fant
    @fant

Even after you’ve done IAP, do you still get ads during events to either double your reward score, give you 5 extra stamina or get one of the collectables?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@burbman IAP’s don’t get rid of those annoying ab blast ads though

burbman
    @burbman

@sam-spargo No, but at least those only pop up on startup.

DD
    @toolow

@angryde
    Ah, another topic that reminds me of Cilla Black and “Blind Date”…

Will it be A, standing firm that the adverts should not be crashing, complain and wait until Rovio provides the fix, if ever? Or will it be B, take a pragmatic approach and spend the minimum on IAP and hope that Rovio does not change the status quo? The choice is yours.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@fant
    Yes, because you CHOOSE to watch these ads, unlike the rest of the ads that you do not watch on your own will. The ads that you choose to watch also can’t be skipped, while most of the other ads can.

@sam-spargo

Yeah, but they only pop up once at every start-up… I can live with that.

@angryde

Seriously dude, do it. You say that your app crashes at certain ads. There will always be ads that crash. With a small purchase you won’t even get these ads anymore. Saves you a lot of frustration AND crashes. And one buck is less than the price of a cup of coffee…

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley It hasn’t been too difficult up to this point… but that’s only because I’ve never, ever had 100% of my attention on the game. I play on Bluestacks (desktop) and am always multi-tasking: work, emails, web, whatever.

@burbman
    Yep, I’ve considered it many times… but perhaps not as many as you might think! XD

@jamairoqui
    Proverbs 14:29 “Whoever is patient has great understanding; but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.” ;-)

@toolow
    Lol re: Cilla. It’s more… not particularly over-investing + pestering Rovio for hundreds of LCs in ‘compensation.’ Lol! Yay!

@smwforever45
    Honestly, this is only the second occasion since the game launched where ads (or a particular ad) have/has consistently crashed the game. I’m not blind to the calculus of spend/serenity, believe me!

@all At this point I’m just waiting to see how Rovio responds. The ad is already occurring less frequently then it was… and when it does occur there is a small code string at the bottom of the screen that (now) allows the ad to run perhaps 60% of the time. Progress!? XD

In any case, if matters deteriorate further I can always pay the piper, as many of you’ve suggested.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde that’s a relief. I wondered how you managed to play on Bluestacks. When you suggested it to me the thought was frightening. Setting it up was completely beyond my ability but also I mostly play while watching the news or a movie. So iPad on my knee is the way for me.

How is it going this week? Still en route to Diamond I hope.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley Oh, I understand how ya’ll can be totally baffled… but, like anything, one develops habits and/or ‘rhythms of process’ to compensate for delay/forestalment. After a time, one barely notices it anymore; especially when one’s attention is divided (and then divided again). Lol. Generally, out of every 10 ads, 4 can be skipped after 7 seconds, 4 can be skipped after 11 seconds, and 2 have to be watched in full (20-30 seconds). If anything, I often flick my eyes right only to see that the ads played-through… and I’ve lost God knows how much time! XD

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I noticed that the game crashes sometimes after I enter Arena (sometimes few times in a row). Do u have similar experience? I use Android system. It happens on both of my devices (PC-Bluestacks, Huawei P9).

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 12 replies - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.