Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 162 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley thank you for the tip. Works :)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Wow, that’s actually a very good explanation. Detailed and yet concise. Nicely done.

angryde
    @angryde

@toolow Fascinating DD. As you probably know, I play Epic via Bluestacks (Android Emulator). I’m using Mid 2011 iMac (Apple Mac) running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6: Processor – 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I constantly run Dr. Cleaner (a memory optimiser) that always indicates to me what % of my poor iMac’s memory is being devoured. When I play the game/Epic with nothing else open/running in the background… it informs me that 57% of my available memory is being used. ROFL! Damn! XD

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    I was never good at explanation; long-winded and too technical for comprehension. But thanks for you vote of confidence.

@angryde

Don’t forget that macOS and Bluestacks take up RAM as well. From what I understand, Bluestacks can take up large amount of memory as an emulator. I’m amazed that your iMac can cope with just 4 GB RAM which is definitely on the low side nowadays. It’s a pity that it’s RAM is not user upgradable.

Anyway, the memory consumption is not a new issue. I’ve included an exchange with Rovio support below for your perusal. Some of you might recognized the multiple issues arising from the replies, but I’ll only respond to comments instead of analyzing and writing critique on them upfront. Have (f|p)un.

R#1411035-1.jpg

R#1411035-2.jpg

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow You can use your HDD as a secondary RAM but that requires Linux programming skills.

@angryde
    Your Mac is more than capable of handling Blustacks. My PC has 2 GB of RAM and it works fine. However if you ever decide to upgrade, upgrade your processor first. More RAM is useless unless you have the driveforce to run it.

@smwforever45
    Noice, yashoo! :D

angryde
    @angryde

@toolow Thanks so much for your comments + inclusion of those screen grabs. Fascinating. The customer service agents just go into meltdown when faced with a consumer who’s technically informed. It’s quite amusing, really. Made me chuckle. I realize that my poor old iMac is a dinosaur. But, like @datguygamer mentioned, it’s really coped rather well. The 57% figure I quoted includes OSX + Bluestacks as well as Dr. Cleaner itself – plus a bunch of other background items. It’s a great program… fascinating to see what’s going on under the hood, as it were. Back when I purchased it in mid-2011 the model had just been released – and I upgraded its internal specs to max (as Apple gives you this option during the build phase). Unfortunately, 5.5 years on, it’s rapidly transmogrifying into a slightly glorified calculator. Sigh. Am I really THAT old..!!?? Where I now say “Dad things” like – “What!?! How can it be obsolete!?! I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!” (shudder) XD

DD
    @toolow

@angryde
    If it’s any consolation, I still have my i486DX2-66 from ’92 that was running DOS. I’ve been meaning to scrub the hard disk when I find some time… Not sure if it even runs now. Or my iMac G4 from ’03; such i-conic design. :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde @datguygamer @toolow @bubbley @burbman @pointless @suzyq @smwforever45
    Rovio answered me that bonus chest in caves was permanently removed in 2.0.0.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc did they give a reason?

DD
    @toolow

@kennymcc @angryde @datguygamer @toolow @bubbley @burbman @pointless @suzyq @smwforever45

Roviod support also responded to some of my reports.

• Confirmed press and hold the blue star no longer show additional information.
    • On golden pig pop up notification removal, “All of us here at Rovio love reading feedback and ideas like this!”. (or “Yes! We managed to annoy our loyal players yet again!”)
    • Developers are looking into daily objectives reset on completion.
    • Confirmed some cheaters are on the leader-boards longer than they should be.
    • Confirmed old cache data is not removed. On Android, clear cache will remove them but on iOS, it requires reinstalling!

And of course, not forgetting to copy and paste their favourite quotes:

• “We are listening to our users’ feedback”
    • “and will always keep making adjustments”
    • “provide the best possible game experience”
    • “we will keep that in mind while working on the new updates”
    • “hope you are otherwise enjoying Angry Birds Epic”
    datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley OF course they gave a reason: “We are always striving to provide the best possible game experience and since you were so annoyed with that helpful chest popup, we decided to remove it!”

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Yes, because why the hell not wouldn’t they want to give us “the best” possible user experience. I also got replied that the removal of the XP info is indeed deliberate.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Yes, because they really love us.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde

Am I really THAT old..!!??

Didn’t you already accept that you were as old as a fossil? XD

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

@kennymcc

Thanks for the info. Rovio are getting mean and miserable, they don’t care about us.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    I have had many freezes but never w witch. I send screenshots every week and a few days ago they sent LCs.

RAM – RANDOM ACCESS MIXUP!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq It’s not just this game. They are also doing the same with Transformers and AB 2.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer

I agree, although I don’t play either of those games I sometimes read the latest comments on the right-hand side of the page so aware.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dallasreds RANDOM ARBITRARY MISHAPS = RAM

fant
    @fant

Does anyone else grind in the mouthpool for mastery? If so does the game keep crashing for you? When I load up the game and play it through once, all is fine, but as soon as I go to play it for a second time an advert will start to play… At this point, the game will either restart or play the ad and then crash the game when I try to close it. Any ideas what is going on or anyone else have the same problem? This was fine before they gave us this rubbish update!

PJng
    @pjng

Unrelated to this update.
    It is any reason sometime almost all pig keep atttacking same target even there is no passive ability.

burbman
    @burbman

@fant – I ran into the same issue with this update on my iPod. The updated game uses more RAM than the prior version and it seems to overwhelm some devices that could run it easily before. My problem was not with Mouth Pool, but with pretty much any level.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pjng It’s just that pigs now have same targeting algorithm as the arena opponents. They mostly tend to go towards the weaker party members.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley @datguygamer @toolow
    Rovio wrote me, that they just removed the bonus chest in caves. No extra reason added :) I asked Rovio if it is a bug or not. Now we know that it is not a bug :) So u can now enjoy this new awesome feature in this game :D

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Patch 2 – Patch Notes

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.