Version 2.2.0 is out!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.2.0 is out!

• What’s new in Angry Birds Epic 2.2.0

You know what’s been cooking: The brand new Class Upgrade System is finally here! To celebrate the launch of it, we’re presenting you with the fabled Legacy Upgrades that have previously only been available to limited regions and for a limited time – now they are here to stay and you can win them as Event rewards! For your help in choosing a Legacy Upgrade for The Blues, the Legacy Tricksters Upgrade is going to trick its way into your mailbox!

New Class Upgrade System
    Starting with Legacy Upgrades – now available as Event rewards!
    Head start: Claim your free Legacy Tricksters Upgrade from your mailbox!
    And while we’re at it, we’ve already added 5 brand new All-Star Upgrades that come with… well, something special! :) Super-secret details to follow soon!
    Players can now win Upgrades for classes they do not own yet

Improved Bird Manager Screen
    You can now directly buy all unlocked classes in the bird manager
    Mastery Level and Power Level are now displayed next to the base stats of your birds
    Updated tool-tips for birds and classes
    Updated animations

Bird Camp update
    Moved the stars collection to the totem
    Added a new “Class Collection Overview” that shows all available Classes and Class Upgrades!
    Removed unnecessary game progression overview
    Small adjustments to the camp layout
    ToonsTV was removed from the game – the theater on the cobalt plateaus is under construction and will return with a new program very soon!

Balancing updates & improvements
    All event teaser screens got updated
    Updated story mode balancing, so battles don’t get too hard when you are level 35 and higher
    Updated visuals for the item blueprints in the world shops
    Scrolling speed in the Chronicle Cave got improved
    And while we’re at it, we also increased the animation speed of your friends using your Golden Pig Machine
    Small improvement for the class and upgrades tab in the shop. Added colors for better readability
    Improved balancing for all event types, including the sometimes wrongfully displayed Pig Power Level)

Bug fixes
    Fixed a lot of nasty bugs, both tiny and not-so-tiny – most notably:
    The soothing emblem (reducing rage on attack) is now working properly and reducing the rage of the attacker, not of the player
    Fixed the popup for buying more friendship essences when trying to reroll event result with insufficient funds (was blocking in 2.1.5) and a couple of more shop and offer related bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Replies
  • marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

…and the game is stuck at the “Loading Balancing” screen.  Fantastic.

metztli013
    @metztli013

lol ok. The new colors and the blues legacy class are cute and all, but…. come on, Rovio. They need to focus on actually improving the game. I log on literally once a day currently to do the dungeon and get my free rolls. Well, make that TWICE a day, bc the game crashes EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I go from the arena to the nest, and has done such for several months now. Where’s the bug fix for that, Rovio? And, what about the cheaters? What about the soul-crushing arena? For crying out loud, look how dead this message board has been. I played this game faithfully for years, and loved it dearly. But right now it’s a dead horse and they just keep beating it. They need to either throw in the towel or do something to make it enjoyable again. Also, they should stop slapping their loyal customers in the face. That’d be great. End rant. =)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@metztli013

You said it all. This is window dressing.

And what else updated today? Angry Birds — the original game, with 15 new levels. Actual NEW CONTENT!

Yet Epic can’t get more than tweaks and rebalances. Baffling.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Actually, the new “Legacy” classes are WORSE than window dressing — they dilute the chances of getting an Elite class upgrade now in the event.

I should have been down to Elite Pirate and Elite Spies as choices in the chest, but now there are three “Legacy” classes in there along with the Elites, two of which I already have Elites for.

Now instead of having a 50/50 shot at Elite Spies (finally!), I only have a 20% chance. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. About the only reason I was hanging around was to round out Elite class upgrades for all my birds, and now that is being strung out weeks and months as event rewards are diluted with upgrades where the only benefit is…new artwork? Disgusting.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Yes, new update has been less than an update.  A few things that I’ve noticed it’s brought with it.

-Before a battle you used to be able to check your birds mastery points by holding on their level number.  You can no longer do that.

-The auto play still freezes.

-Between levels on the map it takes 20-30 seconds for my phone to load.  I know it’s the game and not my phone because in the caves, they quickly get done and reload the map.

-Kraken doesn’t show the repairing and heart bar everytime.  Which i think is just a glitch.

-When visiting a friends camp to do a free roll, their statue in the back has been removed.  I used to enjoy tapping on it to see how many total mastery levels they had reached.  That’s not an option anymore.

-Also, now on my bird camp, I can no longer tap on my statue to see how many total mastery levels I’ve obtained.  (or I’m doing it wrong…)  It just shows a Class Collection Overview, to remind you that you’re no where near being finished.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@coachmp

Yeah, not sure why they keep moving stuff around, and the class summary viewer isn’t all that convenient, in my opinion. Since Legacy and Elite classes are apparently the same in terms of strength at this point, all it is viewing is the new artwork. Big whoop. Epic has needed more than just new artwork for more than two years now.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Suzy
    @suzyq

@coachmp

I can’t find total mastery levels either.  I’m having about a 36 second lag waiting for it to load which is really annoying.

@sutekh137

I only needed Elite Avenger, but now instead of just having Avenger in the chest there are also 4 Legacy hats 😬

Buds
    @budstheawesome

Well, I only need 2 legacy classes and then I’m done: Ronin and Moon Priestess.
    Then there’s also the Elite Avenger, Elite Samurai, Elite Spies, and the Elite Princess.

John Locus
    @john-locus

I’ve been waiting over a year for an excuse to delete this game and I think Version 2.2.0 is it.  These aren’t new classes.  These aren’t new upgrades.  They’re just new outfits.  As a completionist, I reluctantly continued to play this game until I had each and every class upgrade – thankfully accelerating the process and obtaining the last three by paying $3.99 each for them via the recent special offers.

I have no desire to compete in four more special events to earn four costumes I don’t want or need because I know they will then just introduce some new lame hook to string me along.  The only thing I was wise enough to do in this game was avoid getting sucked into the Arena Tournaments.

Did you know that if you spent only five minutes each night clearing the daily dungeons for the past two years, that adds up to SIXTY hours of your life you aren’t getting back.  I am done with this game and would encourage others to get while the getting is good.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

It would have been nice if the legacy outfits conveyed a 10% increase in health/strength on top of the 10% increase given by the elite headgear (like the ancient set items do). Then there would be a reason to try and get the legacy outfits. As it is, acquiring all 30 legacy outfits (and you know they will eventually release one for each headgear) will take as long as it takes to get all 30 elite headgear. But there is no point in bothering to do so, at least in terms of making your birds stronger.

But I am getting totally stoked for the level cap increase in November. That is going to be so sweet, grinding the caves some more. Because I need more bananas and boxes. Lots more.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@john-locus

Cogent argument, well made.

@jamairoqui

Comedy gold! I am quite in need of shells, myself. Really want to push through that 20,000 mark, especially considering how powerful and rare they are.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@sutekh137  Shells. Oh man yeah. And logs. Or 10(!) snoutlings. But every so often you get a banana and it’s like this huge nugget of pure gold showed up in your wash pan. Cannot wait for that feeling. Again. And again.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

You guys are forgetting the joy of using hundreds of LC’s to get a whole new set of weapons that are level 91 because your current weapons are now obsolete.  I can’t wait.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@gabe-nestor

My Red is still sporting a Level 52 Dragontooth. I gave up on the weapon-level treadmill a LONG time ago, as I don’t have the LCs to keep up… Just more Rovio money-grabbing!

Thanks,

sutekh137

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@sutekh137 I have stopped using LC’s in the arena GPM.  I still have never enchanted a set item.

I also have ignored ancient weapons because I think 30 LC’s is way to expensive when you are not guaranteed an ancient weapon and you cannot choose which set item you will get.

The only thing I use LCs for is the 5x riot every month.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@gabe-nestor

Good calls all around… I am saving all of my LC for Dojo buys come November, if I am still around at that point. Should be able to knock out a level ov mastery across all classes with the 5 LC Dojo resets…

Thanks,

sutekh137

Seb
    @sebth

Legacy Knight… I’m so happy

;)
    @winkwink

I detect some weariness with Rovio in the community ;) As far as Legacy classes – they are no different from Elite classes in power & abilities, just one more thing to collect for completists. Autoplay still intermittently becomes useless. Still getting ‘There is currently no ad scheduled’ messages on video offers unless you get them immediately after logging into the game. Having increased crashes between battles in the arena for no apparent reason. And loading the game as well as going between battles on the island, in events, the nest, and the arena is taking 2-3 times as long before you can get on with the next thing. They seem to lack server capability for such an internet connectivity dependent game, because with each new layer they add more glitches and slowdowns to frustrate long time players…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@Seth I got legacy knight too. I was hoping for elite avenger to complete my elite set, but I think we should be happy the game didn’t crash and delete our account information in an unretrievable manner.

Still, cannot wait to get legacy pirate and mage. Gonna be awesome. Almost as cool as Club Penguin in its heyday, when you could buy ultra cool stuff like scarves and sunglasses. And waddle around.

Suzy
    @suzyq

I got Legacy Cleric rather than Elite Avenger which I was hoping for.

Still as you said @jamairoqui we should be happy……

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@suzyq oh man, legacy cleric.  That will come in handy when grinding for bird seed on cobalt plateau. I would be jealous but I’m too busy taking legacy knight on and off Red.

I can’t wait until they add the ability to combine three classes (and 100 LCs, and 1000 or so high end crafting resources) to make one ancient elite legacy class that gives you a 10% boost over the regular legacy and elite classes.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@jamairoqui

Stop giving them ideas!

I ended up getting exactly what I wanted — Elite Spies, so that was nice. I generally run the pure-offense Wizard/Seadog(w/ Finisher)/Spies. Get’s almost every job done. Not happy about the nerf of Chuck’s Reset gear, but Finisher is still soooo mighty (15k+ hits!).

Thanks,

sutekh137

Seb
    @sebth

Comparing to our poor birds who have to stay in the caves all the time and are only allowed to leave them a few times per day, we should be happy.

The worst for them is that they followed the pigs in the caves by thinking that it will lead to another island, but in fact, these pigs just like to be underground.

Anonymous

@sutekh137

What did they do to nerf Chuck’s Reset set? Looks the same to me now as I remember it being last time I used it…?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@poptimus

It used to have a 65% chance of resetting (same chance as Bomb’s Finisher), and now it is 25%.

If I am wrong about that then I really must be losing it. I am almost _certain_ it used to have a much higher chance, because if I put Chuck and Treasure Hunter on a team, nothing that counted up ever got a shot off. Chuck was also very, very effective in the Arena because he could reset counters even on knocked out folks, and it was pretty sick. I could regularly win battles without the other team laying a hand on me (if I got the coin toss to go my way).

I can’t recall when it went down to 25%, I just know I was doing some event and wondering “what the heck?” when resets were almost never happening, and I checked the description for the Set and saw it was only 25%. I am almost positive it was a nerf, becauseI have been waiting for Finisher to get nerfed ever since (in my opinion, they both should have been set to something like 40-45% from the start and left there — two-thirds of the time is too buff).

Thanks,

sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.2.0 is out!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.