Version 2.0: Sneak Beak

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.0: Sneak Beak

• Their Twitter Page just posted a Sneak Peek of the next Update:

It shows the game is being Optimized for 16:9 Screens

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I hope this isn’t going to be a repeat of the ab go 2.0 disaster

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@sam-spargo What is it with the panic about AB Go? Just because the version number is 2.0? This is an update for 16:9 screens and better graphics in general. There is NO hint about new content or even an overhaul of the entire game. Even the menu on the screenshot looks the same as before.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Back in the day, I loved Go! and invested a lot of time and energy into it. Basically, they “refreshed it,” quite under the radar, and essentially all progress was lost/reset to zero with no new content – just better visuals and sound tweaks. Many people were… VERY dissatisfied. My suspicion stems from that experience, that’s all. ;)

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@smwforever45 the ab go 2.0 update basically forced everyone to start from square one and took away all their gems and karts.I’m concerned rovio may do this with epic as well

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde @sam-spargo
    I know what happened with AB Go back in the day.
    I just don’t see any hint as to why this should also happen to Epic. Just because of the “2.0”? I mean, look at that preview. There is no major overhaul at all.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Lol, of course, there’s no logical reason to suddenly feel like I’ve ice water running through my veins. Rovio does this to people. It’s the recurrent trauma… :-P I shall hold fast to your sober judgement, my ever-rational Tuetonic friend. Pay me no mind – you know us Anglos… a bunch of overwrought hysterics! :-P

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Optimizing to a 16:9 ratio is not supposed to be a “major” patch which is why I am feeling a bit cautious. Not to mention, they are keeping it vague and also mentioning “patch 2.0” instead of “update 2.0”. I think there’s more than meets the eye. I think I need to do some digging once it hits the scene.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer what is a 16.9 ratio? Why should this be cause for concern? Thanks.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

If 2.0 patch will reset progress for all players to one and the same state no matter what items u have, no matter how long u played this game, no matter what is your level and levels of your classes then I quit playing this game for sure!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@smwforever45 except that the bonus for rank 1 is 330 snouts. I hope this is a mistake or I foresee even more trouble gathering the coins.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@kennymcc if that happens I will as well

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc Won’t we all. Furthermore I will never play another Rovio game.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley 16:9 basically means the aspect ratio of a game or anything that is being displayed. For reference, currently the game runs at a 10:2 ratio with it being upscaled on devices with higher resolutions. With this, the screenshots and the game will look much more sharp. But that is not my concern but rather these:

1. Why jump from 1.5.8 to 2.0? That essentially means they are skipping across v1.6 to 1.9.

2. They are being very vague with this and only revealed the improvement they thought would be spoiler free; the display thing.

3. They are calling this the “major patch” which means the 16:9 improvement isn’t the only thing. There’s more.

4. This is what makes me suspicious the most. In applications, patch and update means different things. They are referring to this as a patch and not an update. Meaning that even though we may have to download a new version off our App Stores/ Google Play, this build has more inside than just new content which updates have. Patches usually mean something they have blocked access to inside the application and it fears me that they might screw around with the game, for better or for worse.. .

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer thanks. Troubling!

Since they have already nerfed just about everything perhaps they only thing left is to reset the players. I hope not I have enjoyed this game.

Anonymous

Since the tweet states that Rovio is merely showing off the new optimizations, @datguygamer is likely right that this 2.0 patch is going to introduce a whole lot more than we’re expecting.

Considering that the screenshot is showing the info screen of an upcoming Valentine’s Day event, whatever we’re going to be getting, be it a load of new features or a dreaded progress reset, we’ll likely be “blessed” by it within 2 weeks. o_o

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade Seeing as how people like @smwforever45 @angryde and many others already mentioned this fact in their Facebook posts, I doubt Rovio will execute another Go! disaster that reduces their fanbase even further. But these so called “major” patches makes me think that something else is going to be changed which is behind the scenes. They must have had a good reason to skip so many versions, just to show off their “optimisations” for a 2.0 moniker and this worries me.

Ans yes, I also believe we will be getting the new version/patch/armageddon spell before the Valentine’s event starts. Let’s see…

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    It is true that version 2.0 should have greater changes. Those changes could be very interesting for players, or they could be very annoying, or some mixture of both, nobody knows right now. When u know more about those changes, let us know here :)

Does anyone know when this patch should be run?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc I don’t think I will be needed when it arrives because you and everyone else can pretty much everything yourself after installing it.

And we are speculating that it may come after the Chinese event ends, just before the Valentine’s one.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    The rank bonus is lower on lower EXP levels, as far as I know. They changed that in patch 1.5.3.

@kennymcc

As will I!

@all
    Here’s to hoping that 2.0 will introduce a new campaign/island… or new classes?

sjmike
    @sjmike

Maybe they’ll finally do an Elite class for Chuck’s Wizard with this update.

burbman
    @burbman

2.0 indicates something significant to me. Hopefully something more along the lines of a new island, than a full reset, as some players have spent significant amounts of real world money to get to where they are in the game, and Rovio would certainly alienate them if all of that were to be lost to an “upgrade” The new aspect ratio does give more potential space for additional characters to be added to the current lineup if they decided to go that way.

I look forward to the change, though I reserve the right to change my mind.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

The one thing I’m hoping for is the elite frost Savage to be available for purchase when the update hits

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.0: Sneak Beak

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.