Version 2.0.0 on Kindle Fire

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.0.0 on Kindle Fire

• I don’t have version 2.0.0 for AB Epic. The device says the latest version is version 1.5.7, and the game says the last update was done on December 22, 2016. However, v2.0.0 is out on iOS devices. Is v2.0.0 coming late on the Kindle Fire or am I missing something?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Suzy
    @suzyq

@skarmory55555

I have a Kindle Fire HDX and no update. I raised a ticket yesterday and got a reply just now.

There might been an issue where the game needed to be updated while it was not yet live on Amazon store. It’s because Amazon processes updates a bit later than Google Play store. However, it should be working now. Could you please tell us did you managed to update and launch the game?

I have written back to say it isn’t and await a reply.

DD
    @toolow

@skarmory5555

@suzyq

If it is not available in time for the TT event, may be you can beg them to give you free headgear? :)

And a free 5xRR or equivalent wouldn’t go amiss if it’s not available when the update finally show up.

(Rovio must hate me)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Unfortunately, I think it was over a year or more ago it took them nearly 3 weeks to release the update. For a week couldn’t open Epic at all, they then fixed it so we play the version before the update. I wrote to Rovio said I was very unhappy, missed getting the Knight plus the mini event that followed shortly after plus the daily Golden Pig,cave and the calendar etc.

They apologised and they gave me paltry 60 LC’s. ?

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq

All the more reason to ask for more. After all, this is not the first time. You won’t get much if anything if you don’t ask.

burbman
    @burbman

I also do not have 2.0 for my Kindle Fire. In the Amazon app store, Epic is not identified as being a Fire specific app, I wonder if it is possible to go to the Google Play store and download a standard android version? I used to do this with Angry Birds Space many years ago without issue.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@burbman

@skarmory55555

Just seen the reply I sent Rovio. It didn’t work for me.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We are sorry to hear that newest update is still not available for you. We had some reports that deleting the app from the device and downloading it again will also update the client. You can safely reinstall the game. Your progress is saved in an online cloud linked to ………… Rovio account. If it’s still not updated after that unfortunately you will need to wait a bit more and we are sure that you will be able to update and play the game.

burbman
    @burbman

This morning Rovio acknowledged that they are now aware that Amazon has not received the 2.0 update. They said that this will be corrected ASAP. Just an FYI to the other Kindle players out there.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@burbman

Thanks for letting us know. That means by the time Amazon get it and do adjustments the event will probably be over.

Can’t understand why Amazon didn’t get it, did Rovio just forget to send it to them??????

burbman
    @burbman

@suzyq – my guess is that Amazon got it the same time as Google Play, but that it got lost in their QC process. Rovio probably never followed up, as Amazon is a minor distribution channel as compared with Apple or Google.

Autonomorantula
    @skarmory55555

I might switch devices because of this. I do not have the Tinker Titan event.

crater
    @crater

This is the third time that I can recall that an event either didn’t start on time or doesn’t start at all and people on Kindles are left missing out.

It’s lame, but at least this time around I’m still able to play, where as previously it would repeatedly crash and be unplayable or it would say I needed to install the latest version only to then not have a latest version available to install.

I’m playing less and less these days anyways, so now it’s not bothering me as much as it did the previous times.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Finally Amazon have released Patch 2.

burbman
    @burbman

Yay! I can go back to grinding on the big(ger) screen!

Oh, and all my friends will be able to borrow birds from the varsity team again!

crater
    @crater

@suzyq

I still have the older version. It’s not directing me to install the new one when I start the game and when I go to the store Epic isn’t even showing up.

My daily rewards calendar for March has only been Snoutlings too. I know that can’t be right. Or is it?

Suzy
    @suzyq

@crater

Not sure why you can’t see it in the store? Have you tried going into APS -settings and then pressed sync as I had to do that?

Not sure what model of Kindle you have but I have an HDX which allows me to talk to to a person at Amazon direct. I usually find them very helpful.

The only other thing I can suggest is if you have a Rovio account you should reinstall Epic.

I had the same problem with the calendar too. When I got the update and got the proper calendar I found I was days behind and could only click on the first 2 days even though it was the 10th because of the timer that shows in the box for that day. Unfortunately, I can’t change the date on my Kindle, only the time zone. I have raised a ticket with Rovio asking if they can do something as we will be losing a lot of good things in the latter days of the month?

Good luck, I hope you can sort it out.

burbman
    @burbman

@suzyq – you should be able to collect two calendar items per day, and thus catch up for the month. First one will be your normal daily item, and second will be after watching a video. The video prompt will show up to the right of the calendar when available. Since we are less than halfway through the month, you should still get your full allotment of resources.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@burbman

I must be dimmer than I thought as I didn’t realise. Thanks very much for letting me know, I’ll try that tomorrow.

crater
    @crater

@suzyq

I’m getting closer. When I attempt to play the game now it brings me to the store, only when I press the open button to install the latest version, the button doesn’t do anything. I know it’s done the same thing once before and it took a few days for them to finally fix that part and seeing as this is the first day that the game has brought me to the store, I’m guessing I might be able to play again by the end of the week.

Oh well …

As for what type of Kindle I have, I have no idea lol. I got it for Christmas I think 3 years ago. I might still have the box that it came in someplace in my garage. The only thing I remember about it is that it’s a Kindle Fire HD. As for what version …. I no longer remember.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@crater

It’s unfortunate that you haven’t got the same model as I have as you would be able to talk to someone at Amazon. I’m really sorry you aren’t up and running with the new update yet ? really hope you will be soon.

crater
    @crater

It’s still not working for me. Maybe my Kindle is now too old to handle the latest update?

I remember the last time it wouldn’t let me update it from the store it eventually did it on its own. I guess I’ll have to wait and see if that happens again.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@crater

Sorry you still having problems downloading the update on your Kindle ?

@burbman

I’m not sure what model you have but wondering if you can help Crater at all???

By the way I finally caught up on the calendar last night. Thanks for your help.

burbman
    @burbman

@crater @suzyq

I do not know what model Kindle I have either. I know I got it for Christmas in 2014 and it was new at the time. I do know that version 2.0 of Epic is unstable on this device, and crashes frequently, though not as often as on my 5th Gen iPod touch.

In order to install the update, I had to save my data to a Rovio Account, then delete the app from my device and cloud on the Kindle, then reinstall from the Amazon App Store. Once I had done that, I could sign in to my Rovio Account and recover my game progress.

crater
    @crater

I’m still unable to update the game. It’s still directing me to the Amazon store and still doing nothing once I get there.

So after playing the game pretty much once a day for the past 3 years, I’ve decided to uninstall it and quit. Now I just need to find some other game to get frustrated with lol

Suzy
    @suzyq

@crater

Sorry to read your news, and such a shame after devoting so much time on this game, you must feel very frustrated and disappointed. I wish you good luck and hope you can find another game that doesn’t cause all these problems you have had.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 2.0.0 on Kindle Fire

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.