Version 1.4.7 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

• EPIC UPDATES:
    – EPIC SPORTS TOURNAMENT
    – go for the gold in our sports event and unlock Blue’s Elite Tricksters!
    – IMPROVED EVENT BALANCING
    – event collectables are easier to gather!
    – three wave battles now more challenging, but with extra event medals!
    – BUGFIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
    – cheaters removed from the Bird Arena matchmaking!
    – event progress from cheaters will be reset!
    – mastery level tiers re-balanced

The Update is out for IOS and Android users.

With an Updated News Screen:
    Not only it shows the next event , it shows the one after that

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 273 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Huh. There’s no German update description this time…

Gonna update. I’m curious about the “easier to gather” collectibles, and about the re-balancing of the mastery levels.

EDIT: GREAT. The loading screen gets stuck at “Loading balancing”…

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE YET.

EDIT: “Dangers from the Deep”? Are they coming up with new ideas? That looks like Elite Guardian and another new pig type…
    (Which leaves me wondering about when we’ll get Elite Illusionist… Are we getting all of Red’s Elite classes first before they move on to Chuck?)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

It is out for Android on Google Play too.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

By the way, I am having the same issue that @smwforever45 is having; when the game loads up it stops at “Loading balancing into memory” so the game doesn’t start.
    I will post an update if I am ever able to start up the game.

Kazoot
    @ruthspur

I am able to open the game, however I can’t log on to Facebook. I have tried using all the links in Epic as well as going through Facebook to get to Epic.

What device are you using? Rovio told me that they have been having problems with the iPad 2 version and they were surprised that I was still playing Epic. Gives you food for thought.

Kazoot

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Hell yeah it’s indeed. Elite Guardian. My dream for Elite Samurai is just a few weeks away.

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

What does Rubio mean by “mastery level tiers rebalanced?” I’m hesitant to update my game alalthough I know I’ll be forced to do it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@ruthspur
    iPhone 6S. It’s not like this device can’t run the game…

@datguygamer

And my dream for Elite Witch is a few years away now. :(

@jewlsdeluxe

I wish I could check it up because I was wondering too! But…

It’s been stuck on this for over an hour now. Grah!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I don’t think so. They will start those classes right after they finish with the first batch of Snoutling classes (I have a feeling) or alongside them. I am also so much waiting for Elite Witch

EDIT: So glad to see that hideous movie bumper being removed. It poisoned my eyes.
    EDIT 2: If it is really stuck during “Loading balancing” it means that the game cannot properly connect with the servers. Then that means this update is still in test phase.
    EDIT 3: Thanks for the heads up. I am not going to update until and unless it forces me to
    EDIT 4: Since they are immediately going to start with another elite event right after Elite Tricksters (maybe with a normal event in between as it is saying 33 days), me thinks it’s gonna be those Elite Cleric type events.
    EDIT 5: The boss looks like a hybrid between an octopus and a cthulhu.
    EDIT 6: I wonder what they mean by “event collectables are easier to gather!”
    EDIT 7: If even after this update I see someone with a ridiculously high event or arena score, I am definitely going to change my in-game name to “Roviosucks&sodou”.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@tinostar11 Hey dude, there’s a preview button below the Elite Guardian event. Grab a screencap of that screen.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jewlsdeluxe I’m guessing arena opponents now show up with M13 and higher stats. Previously they locked at M12.

If they seriously nerf the classes in anyway, I am gonna ragequit. Any kind of “balancing” Rovio does is never good (well for us players anyway).

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

after installing the new update the game is crashing after 1-2 games all the time i get that damn image!

New Update of Epic Crashes!

Jewlsdeluxe
    @jewlsdeluxe

@datguygamer

Thanks. I never realized the arena opponents were maxed out at M12. I only have one bird at M13 but I’m working on getting others up there. Yes, I’ll be upset too if they need the classes. Guess I’ll wait a couple of days to update. Thank you for the response.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

yeah @datguygamer “balancing” seems to be their code word for “get people to spend LC (and hopefully real money) trying to restore their birds back to the levels they previously achieved but we just ‘balanced’ downwards bwaahahahhaha”

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It can’t have to do with “testing” @datguygamer. If an update is officially released it shouldn’t be in a testing phase anymore. I’m trying since two hours and nothing is happening.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Especially for Epic and other online games, since they are monitored from the servers, they are always in a “testing phase”. However, since the game isn’t launching right after update, the servers of the game are being maintained thus making it a part of the testing.

Many studios release their games and then patch it over the internet. It’s a common trick to reduce workload and maintain schedules for updates while maintaining (somewhat) consumer demand.

angryde
    @angryde

Urgh, so buggy. I’m not getting the ‘Epic Needs to Restart’ alert but the game is crashing bewteen zones. But that’s nothing new… :-/

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah but I never had THIS happen before and I always am one of the first to download new updates…

EDIT: @angryde Hey at least you’re further than me… :/

Suzy
    @suzyq

Just checked the Amazon website and it has got the new update but I’m not going to download it yet.

Edit

Just checked Amazon today and they are showing only showing 1.4.6. Either my eyes were deceiving last night or they changed it back. They did this at Easter when no one could download the update successfully until it was fixed.

Update

1.4.7 is now available again on Amazon but I’m not going to update until I have to.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 One thing I forgot to mention which further proves my statement. this update is not officially released. Reason being, when an update is officially released, the older version is rendered obsolete and you cannot play that. Opening the game while the newer version is “officially released” in an older version will give an error message which will then take you to the respective app page. THAT is when the update is released worldwide and that is what official is here.

Since I can still play the older version fine, it is still in testing phase even though it is released in some zones and that’s why it’s still buggy.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    You’re wise for waiting.
    I could only roll back to 1.4.1 and I fear losing some important data if I do roll back…

BTW, here’s something that may interest some. Angry Birds Epic has a Facebook page now and they’ve posted a more detailed changelog there:

Our truly athletic app update 1.4.7 has landed on Android and iOS. Bringing you a highly requested new Elite class, improved event balancing and we deal with cheating piggies. Keep on reading for the full Patch Notes:
    EPIC UPDATES:
    – OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE (Yeah, you knew that one)
    Follow us on facebook.com/angrybirdsepic to stay on top of birdtastic news, fun and competitions
    – EPIC SPORTS TOURNAMENT
    reach the first place in our sporting campaign and unlock Blue’s Elite Tricksters!
    – UPDATED EVENT SCREEN
    stay up to date and check out the new event screen!
    – IMPROVED EVENT BALANCING
    – event collectables in single wave battles are now easier to collect
    – adjusted three wave battles for a more challenging experience with extra event medals!
    – ANTI CHEAT
    – removed cheaters from the Bird Arena matchmaking!
    – event progress from cheaters will be reset!
    – more to follow soon
    – BUGFIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
    – coin flip in the Bird Arena is working properly again
    – mastery level tiers re-balanced

Two things they didn’t say in the official update changelog:

1. event collectibles in single wave battles are now easier to collect
    Probably meaning 3-stamina battles; maybe they added a second collectible slot like in the 7-stamina battles?
    2. coin flip in the Bird Arena is working properly again
    While I can’t check if this is actually the case now, it is an interesting note.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@datguygamer

Here’s the preview shot of the event coming up after the sports

IMG_1216.PNG

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dragonofheart73
    So it IS an event like the Tinker Titan was… Urgh. Another team competition. But the preview does look interesting. Looking forward to a challenging battle.

EDIT: Updated my empty Mastery chart… in case anyone even uses it.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 So I was right about the next one being a world boss event. Thanks @dragonofheart73. Btw, Red looks like he’s literally wearing a castle on his head (and it even has windows) and the pig now looks like a squid which means it’s gonna be an underwater event meaning we require the submarine.

Just going to collect the event points and bail out. I am not wasting my FE and SD for competition and all those kinds of crap. Hopefully it’ll be just 10K like last time and they better not increase it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Version 1.4.7 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.