Deceptihogs' Revenge (iOS & Android) – new characters and more

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Deceptihogs' Revenge (iOS & Android) – new characters and more

• Angry Birds Transformers has (finally) received its first major update called Deceptihogs’ Revenge. The best part of this update is that it added 5 new characters (some of them were unlockable in the soft launch). Here’s the breakdown of this update:

* 5 new characters: Thundercracker, Jazz, Brawl, Grey Slam Grimlock and Dark Megatron;
    * new characters automatically mean new areas, one of which is Pig City that contains 4 level areas, so that’s a total of 8 more level areas which means even more coins to collect;
    * a leaderboard that shows the total pigs you and your friends have popped;
    * new achievements, which means more ways to earn gems;
    * the recently mentioned Pig City is a whole new environment that has its own soundtrack and some new mechanics; these levels contain red buttons that you must shoot in order to activate a bridge that will let you continue the battle, otherwise you’re dead (red buttons also offer Energon cubes); these levels also contain a new missile silo that launches stronger missiles that cause some damage, but don’t scramble you; unlike the scrambling missile silos, these silos can be destroyed;
    * character customization – you can buy stuff for your character that will make him look cool or, presumably, make his battles easier (I don’t know much about this feature because the items cost gems); some items are actually from the Transformers series and movie, e.g. the Autobot Matrix of Leadership for Optimus Prime, Lazerbeak for Soundwave or a crown for Energon Starscream; each character gets a Christmas hat for free;
    * the characters now form squads that offer bonus coins when the squads are complete; there is a total of 8 squads to complete, the squads are made of from 2 to 4 characters; I personally have already unlocked the new characters so now I have all 25 characters and my coin bonus is 40%, so I guess it’s 5% from each squad;
    * when looking at squads, you can click on a character to see his description;
    * better performance;
    * the characters’ stats have been adjusted;
    * there is a Quests feature in Teletraan 1, but I have no idea what it’s supposed to do because it currently says “No quests” (probably because I downloaded the update quite early);
    * your ‘thank you’ or ‘thanks for nothing’ moments from the last battle are now photographed and you can choose to share those photos via Facebook;
    * Energon characters are able to regenerate their health in a battle by collecting Energon cubes;
    * a new soundtrack for the previously introduced forest environment;
    * according to @gulgor0, “fireballs shot from Mortar Towers now have an even lower splash radius, now even standing one meter from them doesn’t hurt you;”
    * Energon Soundwave, Energon Optimus Prime, Ultimate Megatron and High Octane Bumblebee now shoot in bursts;
    * coin-rich Eggbots in battle – when you use your gems to intercept an Eggbot, the Eggbot will appear in the battle and run in front of you for almost the whole level; you can shoot the Eggbot to get large amounts of coins (one shot from Heatwave or Sentinel Prime can give you about 500 coins); the Eggbot has a limit to how much damage it can take until it flies away (wait, the Eggbots can fly?) so shoot it as many times as you can; the Eggbot temporarily retreats several times when it takes too much damage and there is a chance it will spawn a gem (once per battle) that you’ll automatically collect;
    * different amounts of pigs are now required to unlock some characters; from the videos I’ve seen so far, Ultimate Megatron and Ultimate Optimus Prime are now unlocked for 2250 pigs instead of 2500 and High Octane Bumblebee and Goldbite Grimlock are unlocked for 2500 pigs instead of 2000;
    * when every area has been revealed, the initial forest levels will no longer appear (I personally find it very sad because the soundtrack in these levels was my favorite).

iOS users will also receive the changes that were provided in v1.2.13 for Android. The changes are explained in this topic.

The ‘different area completed’ issue seems to have been fixed. I spoke too soon – the bug is still alive. Also, I have experienced a couple of crashes when playing a level (probably due to action overload).

So far these are the changes I’ve experienced. Be sure to write down anything that I missed so I could add it as well. Enjoy the update.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Thanks for the summary! I eagerly await the iOS release.

I hope they fix the Achievements bug – I’m L140 and I’ve still only traveled zero miles ….

Just wondering, how many characters become available at L140? two? three? or all five?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Have the number of coins required to upgrade a character a level been adjusted like they were last time?

– if the prices have gone up, then I’m going to do a bunch of character upgrades before I update the app

– similarly, if prices have gone down, I’m going to wait until I update the app before doing any more character upgrades

Josm
    @josm

@optimuspig Prices are the same, one character unlocks at rank 150 and the other 4 at a lower level, even below 120

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@optimuspig Sorry, but I can’t answer any questions relating to ranks because my rank before this update was 200. I also have no idea about the prices, but so far I can tell you that level 3 upgrades for Thundercracker, Jazz, Brawl and Grey Slam Grimlock cost 3000, 3000, 3500 and 3500 coins respectively (my Dark Megatron is currently being upgraded to level 2).

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Oh my gawd. That’s what we waited for!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, thanks for the update guys (@josm, @mighty-red-1)

Josm
    @josm

@optimuspig some pictures: http://jalbum.net/nl/browse/user/album/1579537
    at the fourth photo supposed to be 4 characters to unlock, allready did one when taking screenshot

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Hey all, sorry i gave Optimus_pig a shout out when Mighty Red made this post. My bad. Is that why my reply to this post approximately 5 minutes after it was posted has been removed? Also wondering why My post (approx. 10 minutes after this OP) about the new characters is unavailable? Did i do something wrong? I have a few questions if anyone can answer them?

I can’t find dark megatron, i did unlock all of the other 4 new characters. I am at level 109, is this why i can’t see him anywhere?

Do the clothing upgrades do anything for their abilities? They are quite expensive (350 Gems for a baseball cap?) I would like to think they give the bot significant power upgrades for that kind of money. And if they do, I’d love to go grab santa hats for everyone while they are free but if they don’t do any good I’m not going to spend the time. Thanks for any help.

Josm
    @josm

@hxadecmel Dark megatron is unlocked at rank 150
    and as far as i know the hats/clothes dont give any extras like protection, but not sure as i dont spend gems on that (yet) until i know more

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Santa hat is free. And bonus:
    – fireballs shot from Mortar Towers have now even lower splash radius! Now even standing one metre from them doesn’t hurt you!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gulgor0 – “fireballs shot from Mortar Towers have now even lower splash radius!”

that’s probably the best news I’ve read so far!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel – I had a similar problem when I first joined – a bunch of topics I’d started simply disappeared, and the mods never did get back to me about what happened. I just figure that one of them thought I was spamming (even though the topics were totally legit, and I’ve since re-posted most of them anyway without any problems).

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I’m little curious… Energon Starscream isn’t listed in the Energon characters list… Is that meaning, he won’t get health from the Energon towers?

Hex
    @hxadecmel

They send me a message saying that the reason they deleted my post is because it was too similar to this one. The only similarities was that I listed the new characters and the new areas. I had a bunch of other information in there about the supposed bug fixes and how I was going to do some testing, I’ll try to find some time to retype it all out and add to this post as they recommended.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

I did not even realize that, the energon characters actually regain hearts when they hit a tower?

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@mighty-red-1 Awesome summary. Thanks so much.

Note, I added your list of info the main post, as I think players will find it most useful.

bigorange
    @bigorange

Pity the bugs aren’t fixed yet, still have level that stay after completing it.

But i’m happy with the new update :)

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I’m still curious, if Shotgun Pigs were finally fixed to work like they should

legnets123
    @legnets123

I’ve been having major problems with the phone app crashing. I was SO excited to see the update this morning. I downloaded it – now I can’t even open the app. At least before I was able to collect coins (took several tries each time because of the crashing) even if I couldn’t actually play.

Beware!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@BirdLeader Wow, that’s awesome. Thank you very much. :)

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Info about how works the newest area:
    – you need sometimes to attack switches to make special hologramic bridges. Avoiding that, probably leads to instant death and lose of the level.
    – most of blocks and pigs are located and columns. If they land on the bottom of stage, they are instantly destroyed (this is especially very helpful with golden cubes and characters which push obstacles)
    – watch out for the big missiles! They are stronger and possibly more deadlier!

Matt Rohde
    @matt-rohde-10

There is a bug, my rank is reset to 1. and the only way to get it to go back to what it was before is to upgrade a transformer, but if i close out the app, my rank is reset to 1 again. and I can’t use skywarp either.

Josm
    @josm

I added another photo to the album: http://jalbum.net/nl/browse/user/album/1579537

See the last photo, when you intercept a level with a few gems, you get this eggbot walking in front of you. In this level i didnt get a buddy, but i intercepted another level and i got a buddy there + eggbot.

Josm
    @josm

Also, the rewards of JENGA mode are even more better now. One level takes about a minute or so and offers you 1000-4000 coins! incl. bonus

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@josm That’s pretty good. Still not sure if it’s worth $9.99 though. If it were $4.99 I’d be on it for sure.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Deceptihogs' Revenge (iOS & Android) – new characters and more

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.