v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • Soundwave
    @soundwave

Thanks for the info! I’ve been wondering about accessories. How much for each of the accessories?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

Oh man, there is no way I’m going to kill myself trying to earn the additional 5,000 tokens!

Soundwave
    @soundwave

Never mind, just saw your numbers. Are they exclusive as well?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sorry, I’m tired, what does it mean that they are exclusive or not exclusive?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Man, kind of sucks that the additional EOP accessories didn’t unlock until afterwards.

I might have changed my early strategy to go for 11,000 tokens instead of just 6,000.

The hats they have for the Grimlocks and Lockdown are pretty worthless, IMO, but I’d probably have been willing to try to get the EOP accessories.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

Sorry. I meant can they be obtained through gems (in the upgrade/customize screen), or can they only be obtained through the token exchange during the competition? For example, Shockwave’s accessories were available in the token exchange, but could also be obtained afterwards with gems.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soundwave

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Looks like @wrw01 updated his post to say that they are not exclusives.

I wonder how many gems it’s going to cost though?

wrw01
    @wrw01

Epic Optimus is offered as an Exclusive! in the Token Exchange for this competition only. I assume that means that one will be unable to obtain EO in any other way other than in this competition. There have been previous Exclusives in the other competitions over the holidays and to date I have not seen them offer anywhere else to purchase by coins, pigs or gems. Not sure if that explains it but let me know if I can do a better job.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

I was thinking in terms of the accessories.

“Obtaining Epic released three items in the token exchange: Jetpack=2000, Medallion=2000 and Lion Hat=1000 for Epic Optimus. It does not appear these are Exclusives!”

So if the accessories are not exclusive, then as @soundwave mentioned, they should be available for gems.

I was wondering how many gems would be needed for them? I’m hoping the gem cost would be less buying them with gems, than spending the gems to max out tokens for the last four days.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@optimuspig
    At this point in time I can only guess their cost would be in line with the others of the same category for the like transformers. That is my best guess for now. We will all know in a few days after this competition is complete.

side note:
    I would like to take my “hat off” in respect to a player named “Victor” who provided a great day of competition. It was a thrill and I am sorry you did not show for the last hour but never the less thanks for upping my game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

Oh, I see. So the regular store doesn’t currently show the gems price. Gotcha. Thanks.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@optimuspig

Dahhhhhhh…I should have wrote what you wrote and it would have be very clear…sorry.

FYI:
    Rank 482 through 490 for Combaticon=Levels 2 through 10, did not notice level 1
    Rank 491 through 495 for Contructicon=Levels 11 through 15

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@wrw01

LOL, no worries. I think we’re all feeling a bit fried and sleep deprived this week.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

I do wish Nemesis Prime would make a return for purchase or competition one of these days… maybe next Halloween?

Soundwave
    @soundwave

What is the medallion? Is it a matrix or something else?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I wonder how many of the “big spenders” on recharges are using gems they’ve farmed, and how many are actually spending real money on gems?

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I think it blows how many tokens EO’s accessories are. I guess I’ll try to get one. I was hoping that EO would come loaded with some already like Nemesis Prime did, but we had to buy NP for cash. I’m starting to think I might prefer that over grinding away at the challenges. That was two pretty close together. I’m hanging back a now because I already got EO and I want others to get him too. I’ve got some time to amass the tokens.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

THIS SUCKS! After all the trouble I went through, EOP accessories aren’t even in the costume shop! God damn it! How am I supposed to gather 4000 tokens in such a small amount of time? I was finally hoping for a bit of rest but no, still have to wake up in the middle of the night.

Also, even at Level 15, EOP is basically the exact same power as Goldbite or normal Grimlocks as the ray is pathetic. All of them are going through the exact same phase as Energon Grimlock when he became pathetic at Level 15 as his ray back then was still the same thin stream. Currently Rank 450 at Stunticon.

wrw01
    @wrw01

FYI,
    Not sure if this is the result of the new Rank but the coins on the main screen are now at 620. Prior to obtaining EO they were at 600.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I don’t know if you can class me as a big spender, however, I am quite happy to spend my ‘farmed’ gems in the competition to get ahead. For the first 4 days competition I have spent net 350 gems (in other words I am 350 gems less than when I started taking into account gems used and farmed). I have come first in the 1st 3 days and 2nd in the 4th and am on 5020 tokens so will get the exclusive in next day or 2.
    If you have maxed out all your TFs you should be able to farm 50-100 gems per day using missions and lab only. With the right combinations and using either 1 or 2 respins in the lab you easily get at least 50 gems per day. Getting more gems sometimes means taking a gamble !!!
    So once this comp ends it will take a week at most to recover gems spent

sheepybach
    @paul13

On the comp home page it ask’s ” Will you unlock Epic Optimus?”
    The answer is NO.
    Apart from day 1 & 2 where I used 10 Gems each day I’ve not used any since. In my 4 runs this morning I’ve just hit 1000 tokens, this being the case Rovio has set this comp up so you have to spend cash for Gems to get EOP as normal game play will never get you to 6000.
    I understand they have to make money for wages et al but come on mun give everybody a fair chance.
    Any way I don’t think I would bother getting EOP if he’s like @datguygamer is saying and not being that powerful.
    Anybody find out what the Landlord Cap and Dragon Hat gives you????

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

“Anybody find out what the Landlord Cap and Dragon Hat gives you????”

We’re assuming +8% defence because the other CNY hats available through sale in the Barracks shop are all +8% defence.

@wrw01

“Not sure if this is the result of the new Rank but the coins on the main screen are now at 620. Prior to obtaining EO they were at 600.”

Do you have both Nemesis and EOP? If so, then the increase is due to you completing another squad, in this case “The Iconic Transformer”. You should also have a similar increase to your coins bonus on the tally screen after completing each node run.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I set my alarm clock to make sure I woke up in the middle of the night. Good thing too, as I’m currently locked in mortal combat with another player for first place in our group.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@optimuspig

Ok mate thanks, not really worth having then, as when you reach Level 15 they are no longer in use due to being maxed out.You would think that they would have told us that by now but there again they would not get any cash then, Ah well such is life.
    Geeeeeezzzzz just did a 1st run on the 2nd full charge and I’m on 102, the comp leader is on 600+ WTH

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@paul13

Not to mention,if you already have another hat you like, you can’t wear two hats at the same time.

I’d rather spend the effort getting the upgrades for EOP.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.