Using Gems to get gold? + Time Travel WARNING

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Using Gems to get gold? + Time Travel WARNING

• HI all, I apologize if this is a stupid question but how can i turn my gems into gold? I was fooling around with time travelling and got spanked bad by Rovio, they took each one of my 13 characters and put them down a level, removed almost all character’s health/hearts, turned every waiting level to “very hard” and knocked me from level 113 to 95. Again, maybe everyone else already knows about this penalty, and I apologize if I’m showing my ignorance but i haven’t seen any other posts about penalties for traveling. I guess i wont be doing that again. Now i really want to get back to where i was, I’ve got pigs galore but I just need more coins and I’m willing to drop more REAL coin to make up some of the lost time? Any help? Thanks.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • h82loze
    @h82loze

The time travel penalties have been discussed in several threads. And you won’t know how bad the penalty will be. Some have just had one character downgraded, or the health of all the characters dropped to zero, combination of those, etc. But you got hit hard. The characters dropping a level is why the nodes they were on became very hard. They were set for the character at a level higher. Your rank dropping from 113 to 95 doesn’t make sense unless you are incorrect in how many levels your characters dropped. Some of them would have had to drop more than 1 level. If you have 13 characters and each dropped 1 level, your rank would drop by 13 (so it would be 100). Your rank equals the sum of all the character levels.

As far as I know, you can’t change gems into coins. But if you want to spend real money, then you can purchase the Jenga mode. Others have said it is a good way to earn coin and is a nice change of pace from the normal game play. I can’t personally comment on the value of Jenga because I haven’t spent the money for it.

I feel for you though. That’s a lot of coins you lost. It’s not bad when you’re at lower levels because the upgrades don’t cost that much or take that much time. But being at level 113 you had some high level characters. So that would have been a lot of coin to do the upgrades.

Anonymous

@hxadecmel @h82loze Actually you CAN turn you gems into coins. Its actually the best way to spend them. All you have to do is buy an upgrade you don’t have enough coins for. A message will pop up and ask you if you want to spend gems to get enough coins for your upgrade. Also don’t spend you gems on anything like opening levels early or upgrading instantly etc. As I said above buying coins is THE BEST thing to spend gems on.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

You are correct H92.. I was dropped from 113 to 95 because i had 18 characters, ultimate Optimus is as far as I have gotten, not the 15 I prefviosly mentioned so now the math works out. (113-18=95). That for clearing that up.

I did Purchase Jenga mode, and i think it’s been my best investment, It’s always positive gain (you never have to heal your characters) and depending on who you get you can end up with $2000 gold with no risk. It is incredibly monotonous though. With so many buggy levels I run out of warp’s so i end up farming coins and playing Jenga, overall i think i make more money that way. But haven’t done proper statistical analysis.

Yea I lost a lot, and you definitely notice the difference even just one level makes. Thank for your input.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

That’s a good idea, I haven’t looked at the math but i assume you are right. It makes sense. I just got my Grimlok back to level 7 in a jiffy using the gems. I am still hoping for refund from Rovio, i can only play about 1/3 of the levels without having to use gems and one of y 3 warps to get by it because of the sudden “earthquake” based death, a “do nothing” team-mate, or a game crash at the exact same point of a specific level.. they asked me for a bunch of meaningless information, and gave me a bunch of meaningless tips (clear your cache, update your phone, reboot phone etc).. I’m still asking for a refund. It’s stupid I should NOT have to pay money to progress through their game because of software glitches. /rant. thanks again all. I will keep you posted on the final word from Rovio.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

That seems to work, although it is looking like it is going to cost almost $10 real dollars to move one character to level 8 or so, wow. Not sure it;s worth it. I’m plannong to stop playing and just farm gold until they update and fix the bugs, right now i have 4 levels that I cannot get passed due to the various issue s(Sudden death, crashes etc.) So I am just going to log in every couple hours to farm my gold and wait it out.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

Great advice, after seeing this I used this a lot when unlocking a new character, got my Dark Megatron up to snuff in no time.. But when you get to the higher levels they want near a thousand gems or more to advance, and I can’t see spending 20 real dollars for one level in a buggy game (DO YOU HEAR THIS ROVIO?) lol . Guess I’m too cheap.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@hxadecmel nope, you’re not too cheap at all. It’s ridiculous that it costs $20 to get 900 gems. At high upgrade levels, that will only get you a small fraction of the way to full upgrade.

For example, 2,839 gems to get Goldbite Grimlock instantly upgraded from L8 to L9 – that’s $63! Remember back when you could purchase an entire video game for your PC for less than that?

Perhaps if Rovio increased the gems-to-dollars by 10x to say 9,000/$20 or reduced the gems-to-upgrade by 10x then I’d consider it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Actually, I’m rather curious about how successful Rovio’s been with monetizing ABT?

I’m sure there are folks out there with too much money on their hands, but I know I’m not one of them lol.

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig I completely agree, I really wish Rovio would troll these forums and do something. Another thing i would like to see is some sort of progress indicator to let you know how far along the level you are (maybe even when the plane is coming too) so a player can better strategize. Also, whats with the incessant slow motion parts? That drives me crazy and seems to serve no real purpose? This game is fun and could have a huge following if it weren’t so buggy, poorly planned, better documented (e.i. Why huge amounts of gems for costumes, do they have an effect on powers?) and so intent on making you spend fortunes of money to get anywhere or wait days upon days for characters to upgrade. They could make it a lot more fun. /rant

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What scares me is that if they diverted resources to creating documentation, that they’d spend even fewer resources on quality control, lol!

Hex
    @hxadecmel

@optimuspig that made me LOL. :)

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

I paid for Jenga mode quite happily but I won’t pay for gems. Where is the sense of achievement in upgrading for real money? The whole point to me is to earn my way up.

I have been merrily using my gems to speed up upgrades so far. I have never managed to exceed 200 gems.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

So there are a lot of time travel mentions through the forum but thought this the most appropriate place for my comment.

I think we all know the risks, punishments for time travel but I am pleased to report that it appears I am off punishment! Many, many levels ago I thought I would try a trick I learned online that minimizes penalties (yeah right) and it left the whole bottom section of the map barren. No egg bots, no coins, nothing. A couple days ago I started getting coins and even gems there! Happy days indeed.

I have learned my lesson and never did it again but am happy to see coins and gems there again after all this time. I have Telepods and Jenga mode unlocked and am quite content!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Using Gems to get gold? + Time Travel WARNING

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.