Upgrade Strategy input

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Upgrade Strategy input

• I’m stuck. My Silo is at level 14 and is full. Is it correct that level 15 is the max level,for the Silo?

I have two TFs left at level 9.

I’m not sure of the next best step, as I have few gems and few coins…

Should I:
    1) finish upgrading the level 9 TFs to level 10, and then start levelling up the TFs to 11?

2) when I finish collecting the required 200,000 coins and max out the silo to level 15, so at least I can go on missions and collect the special items and plod along amassing coins and gems and special items for TF upgrades?

Talk amongst yourselves 😁

Thx!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yes, Silo maxes out at L15.

The maximum storage at L15 is:

– Pig Iron and Birdium: 15 each
    – Deceptigear and Autocog: 15 each
    – Badness Processor and Anger Chip: 12 each
    – Super Rareium: 5

As for whether it’s worth upgrading the Silo to L15, I did that, and I’m kind of regretting it now. It’s probably worth it when you’ve got your TFs up to L13 or L14, but not so much at lower levels. Especially since you only need Super Rareium for TF upgrades starting from the L10-to-L11 upgrade.

Also I wasted gems doing it because I didn’t have enough Super Rareium at higher levels to upgrade the Silo. But Super Rareium really isn’t that rare if you keep doing the 12h missions from the Hard portal.

And also because the Silo fills up long before your next upgrade (assuming you run 3 x 12h missions at a time, then you can easily run nine missions in the time it would take to upgrade a TF from L10 to L11, which takes 1d12h).

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Thx, @optimuspig. Food for thought!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just thinking a bit more, and seems like overall strategy needs a bit of a rethink now.

For example, any TF that’s currently on a mission can still spawn into a node, but you can’t run that node until the mission is done.

And given that they’re trying to encourage you to put nine TFs on missions at one time, it’s entirely possible that all six of your active nodes could all be rendered unplayable at the same time because everyone’s off doing a mission.

This goes for Gold Domes as well. I had to wait to play it because the TF assigned to the gold dome was already on a mission. Which can be a problem given that Gold Domes have a 24h time limit before they expire.

So the question is whether it’s better to aggressively go after missions by using 3 x 3 = 9 TFs at a time, and risk not being able to play any of the regular nodes, or is 3 x 2 = 6 TFs a better balance?

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Agreed, sometime in the distant future, when I can have three TFs on a mission squad, choosing who to send on a mission will take planning, well, as much planning as is possible when you have no idea which TF will show up on a node while also out on a mission…I just let the gold domes expire (I think two have popped up since the update) because I don’t have the gems to spare to play the dome. And, since my TFs drop like flies in the first few seconds, I probably won’t play a dome until I have some TFs higher than level 11.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

“And, since my TFs drop like flies in the first few seconds, I probably won’t play a dome until I have some TFs higher than level 11.”

Fair point. I’ve done four gold domes since the update, and I’ve been splatted on two of them, so the ROI hasn’t been amazing lately.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I’m thinking I’ll go forward upgrading the TFs rather than taking the Silo to level 15. For the time being, I have more than enough time to go on missions to replenish the special objects and accumulate coins during the day it takes to upgrade. And if my TFs are stronger, I’ll actually be able to start playing the game again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Upgrade Strategy input

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.