"Updating Your Progress" -> this is how you kill the checkmark

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Your Progress" -> this is how you kill the checkmark

• This has been working for me lately. I’m playing on an iPad Mini. It may not work for others.

1. start the app

2. if you get the “Updating Your Progress” message, just hard close out of the app. DO NOT CLICK THE CHECKMARK.

3. Restart the app

4. As soon as you’re past the loading screen and hit the main map, start jamming your finger down on the “AstroTrain Button” (on the bottom right corner). This should launch you into the Barracks.

5. The “Updating Your Progress” pop-up will still come up. That’s OK, because as soon as the Barracks screen loads, the “Updating Your Progress” pop-up will go away.

6. Exit back onto the map, and voilĂ ! No more “Updating Your Progress”.

7. Enjoy playing the game.

Hope this helps. Unfortunately it’s not a permanent fix, but it’s good for as long as you don’t close the game. But then you can just follow steps (1) to (7) again.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

Thanks for this! I’d just like to add to excellent your advice, NEVER click the ✔️ on the “Updating Progress” screen.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Have you tried connecting to Facebook? Use the Facebook connect button on the bottom left of the map, not the one in the teammate selection panel.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

The button for view achievements Game Center ingame doesn’t work for me.
    And you ?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I don’t use Game Centre. And I’m not entirely sure how that connects to the Update Progress bug, lol?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20qmindreader

Among other things, playing in the lab seems to trigger the “Updating Progress” screen as well as clicking the ✔️.

Anonymous

I continue to refuse to sign up for Facebook, so I continue not to be able to play this game since the ios update the other day. So brutal.

That aside, connecting through game center causes the same updateprogress problem that everyone else seems to get though facebook. I’ve been logged out of gamcenter for months for that reason. Thinking about logging back into it temporarily in hopes that it’ll let me play somehow. @20qmindreader, any insight into whether that might work or not?

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

This doesn’t work for me. It just goes back to Updating Your Progress within a game or two. I just press the tick as it probably saves time. I think the bug hits when you earn gems on the lab – and the only way to beat the bug is to spend some of the gems which seems to lock your progress in.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is ridiculous.

I logged out for a bit and then when I went back into the game a short while later, I’d lost about 30 gems, 75,000 coins and worst of all, 60 pumpkins!

What’s more, the nodes had returned to where I was about an hour before I’d logged out!

This sure feels a lot like e Update Progress bug had hit, except that I never got the popup and check Mark!!

So looks like Update Progress is now working by stealth!!!

Searay
    @searay1

Hi,
    Followed the advice to restart the game to bypass the “Updating Your Progress” issue. It worked great, thank you…!
    Looks like we had an update this morning (11-10) v1.8.10.8 and I can’t get pass the bug. The Astrotrain button does not appear to be responding to the touch once the screen appears. Is anyone having this issue..?

I play in iOS on an iPad.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

The first time I got the update progress bug was during the Halloween competition. It happened a lot and I lost a bunch of pumpkins, coins and some gems through the weird time travel aspect of that bug. I play on an IPad mini. Now when I stop playing, I completely close out of the program (close app, and then hard close app by double clicking main button and swiping up) and this seems to help. I do the same for the updating progress message and it disappears when I reopen the app.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Your Progress" -> this is how you kill the checkmark

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.