Update?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update?

• Game wanting to update. Anybody try it yet?

Well, here goes. Thankfully I did a backup just a few hours ago.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

If that was supposed to be the December update, it didn’t fix the spells and it didn’t return coins to chests…..hmmmmm!?

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@chucky-2 if a (RED) update is present on AB games, then the Christmas update will arrive shortly before the middle of the month after all the (RED) offers end in the games

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well good news and bad. Good news for me, game isn’t crashing. Bad news, spells aren’t fixed.

Anonymous

@rowdypup sorry for not making my post clearer, I was merely trying to point out that the first December Last November update (released a few hours ago) did nothing to address the spells/coins issues that many players have addressed in the last 4-8 weeks.

I realize there is no doubt more updates to come, but that was not the point of my post.

Edit: so far the update seems only available on iOS, so maybe this was an iOS thing and not really a client update that affects everyone?

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m afraid not, Chucky… The “bug” is in low level code that is (*) platform independent.

(*) should be.

I played a few days on iOS after my phone met its maker… So I dusted off my 2012 iPhone 5 and AB2 plays fine (iOS10). Amazing that you can background the game without restarting, unlike Android…

Anyhow, I suppose I feel vindicated about the whole “intentional bug” exchange we had with Rovio a few days back…

Anonymous

Hank said it would be fixed in the (December) client update, and the update page shows this as the 30th of Nov update.

RED 30 Nov Update

Also this themed update that iOS received today, is just an iOS exclusive update to promote this ‘RED theme’ as best I can tell not what I would class as a client update.

Example: nothing changed in this update, no new levels were added, no bug fixes were put in place, all that got added was on iOS they added a pile of gems that cost 1.49 and all proceeds from that sale go to HIV treatment for the RED theme that only appears on iOS, and a limited edition set of hats were added plus a special spell to reflect the red theme. Both the hats and spell will vanish after the 6th…

RED hats limited time

Other non Rovio games were also included in this RED theme update such as Boom Beach, and again all it added for those games were in app purchases that go towards HIV treatment and again they were iOS exclusives.

To me at least it would seem silly to fix the issue on one system, yet leave the bug in place for the other system until a later date when you can fix the issue across both systems on the one day.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello Flingers!

I’m sorry the fix isn’t deployed yet, we are just as annoyed as you guys. The reason we couldn’t hotfix it after it was found, as I said in my previous post, was partly because of this RED event. We had already sent this RED build to Apple for approval and it would complicate the process A LOT for in regards to our partnership with Apple and so on. Making games of this scale is a huge process, you can’t imagine!

The fix will come in the December update, sure to be released before Christmas along with cool new reward features!

Take care,
    /Hank

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

So you’re offered a red feathers spell (which is duck spell actually) couple times a day in the main game, after which they ask you to buy some gems to support the charity event. New hats are free and do nothing.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.