Update ruined the balance of the game

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Update ruined the balance of the game

• Of the 6 TFs available to play at any given time, 3-5 of them are stuck in a special mission or upgrading to another level and when I waste jems to clear one, it usually comes right back as another TF in a special mission or reappears as the TF upgrading. Of the ones left to play, no matter what the difficulty level says (even very easy) the TF is instantly killed and it happens too fast to even see what is killing me. I understand they just want us to spend money to buy jems, but the playability has been totally compromised. Maybe in 3 or 4 months, Rovio will put out ANOTHER faulty update that fails to address any of these simple gameplay issues!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Beastre
    @beastre

Now I have the same TF on two separate runs and I can’t play either one because it is upgrading. 3 of the other 4 are instant shotgun pig (I guess?) deaths. The other one is rated easy and will earn about 200-300 coins. Since I have to get materials that won’t spawn to upgrade now, what’s the point of even playing? One or two runs every couple of hours for a few hundred coins? Come on Rovio, these are not new problems! Fix it already!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Since I have to get materials that won’t spawn to upgrade now, what’s the point of even playing?”

The main source of special materials required for upgrading TFs are from the missions. In fact, except for Super Rareium, they’re quite easy to get from the missions. And even the Super Rareiums aren’t that hard to get if you do the Hard missions properly.

The special mats do spawn in node runs, but only randomly, so you can’t rely on that.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

But yes, overall there is a play balance issue that severely disadvantages you if you are strictly a free-to-play player, and which favors anyone willing to spend cash for premium currency (i.e. gems).

The game has pretty much become “Pay to Win”, whereas prior to this most recent update, it was quite possible to make it up to Rank 250 without spending a single gem. Time consuming, but not particularly difficult to do so.

At this point, I actually see coins as being the main limiting factor on advancement. Whereas the special mats can be harvested in abundance (there’s no reason why you can’t earn more than enough of them through missions prior to the current upgrade cycle completing) with the extremely difficult node runs I can’t see how you’re going earn enough coins (i.e. at least 200,000 of them every 1d12h) to avoid depleting them before you can get all 27 TFs from L10 to L11.

I say L10 to L11 because that really seems to make a difference in how well you can run a node. Of the three TFs I’ve taken from L10 to L11 so far, all three of them were easily crushed on Hard and Very Hard nodes at L10, but once they upgraded to L11 they were finally able to complete them.

Rovio seems to have adjusted the power scale so that there’s a greater marginal increase in firepower and durability from L10 to L11 than at lower level upgrades, enough to compensate for the increased difficulty.

beaups
    @grathe

I am also finding my lvl 10s are getting crushed by squads of shotgun murder pigs and flocks of death ray kamakzi flying pigs. Went from being an unstoppable force to a total wuss. Trying to upgrade Arcee and will have the last character tomorrow So I will have a hard time keeping enough coins to get anyone up to 11… it would e nice if the shotguns were dialed back a notch…

Slops 20
    @slops20

I actually think that the game has been made much more interesting since recent upgrade being at rank 236 was getting a little bored before now eg you really do have to think when and which transformers to send on missions, when you sleep is not a bad idea so you have full access to bots when you want them,and rank up as soon as possible to avoid sudden death

zwizdan007
    @zwizdan007

@optimuspig Other than upgrading to L11, I found other way to get rid of those very hard nods. Bear in mind that once you complete them on very hard difficulty, next time they respawn they will be on easy-medium.

Now, I upgraded ultra magnus to L11, but while he was upgrading, I got bumblebee, high octane bumblebee, lockdown and optimus prime all spawned as very hard. As we all know, piggy island levels are easier to complete than others due to high amount of energon structures. So I cleaned up piggy island nods (bumblebee was there, finished with one heart left) and then used a skywarp attack on others (one at a time) till they (all but one so far) respawned on piggy island levels.

Once there, even a very hard difficulty is a piece of cake.

Beastre
    @beastre

Super Rarium won’t spawn so I can’t upgrade most TFs. Right now for me, 5 out of 6 runs are instant death and the 6th one is a TF that is upgrading which I already killed twice today with Skywarps. All I can do is farm coins every 4 hours and waste 25 gems a day Skywarping my upgrading or instant death TFs only to have them reappear. Oh yea, there is the boring Jenga run that might yield 2,000 coins if I’m lucky. I run special missions overnight, but since I waste gems trying to get rid of unplayable runs, I’ll never collect enough gems to open extra special mission TF slots to guarantee some Super Rarium. It’s a Catch-22. I really enjoyed this game and want to give it a chance to improve, but this isn’t even playable anymore.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@beastre

The longer missions (12h and 24h) also drop gems, so if you run enough of them you’ll eventually earn back all the gems you spent on increasing the number of slots.

Running the 12h/24h missions from the Hard portal is really the only way you’ll semi-consistently earn Super Rareiums.

In general, I’ve found that two slots (basic + 1 extra) are usually enough to get 3-4 (sometimes even 5) keys to unlock the gift boxes, so if you’re on a budget you probably don’t need to spend gems for the third slot in each mission.

It’s probably not worth using your second and third Skywarp attack to blow up nodes. Since TFs that are on missions can’t be played anyway, you may as well assign those TFs from the unwinnable nodes to the missions.

Beastre
    @beastre

Thanks for the tips. Good point about using the unwinnable TFs on special missions. This forum and you specifically seem to have the best handle on this game that I’ve come across. If not for the explanations I have found here, I would have given up in frustration a while back! I hope Rovio is still checking out these threads, their participation in here is encouraging, too. Thanks again.

Beastre
    @beastre

Well, I dunno guys. For two days, all 6 of my runs have been instant death TFs. None of them are options for special missions and every time I skywarp one, it comes right back. Most are level 9 or 10, even when get one to level 11, after one or two runs, whatever the difficulty level says, from med to very hard, the result is instant death. Nothing left to do but a Jenga run or upgrade one tranformer every day and half or so. Will this improve once I get past level 11 or is this it?

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Well I have Optmus Prime and Lockdown @ Level 11 and they MANAGED to complete the same node inspite of the Very Hard Difficulty level just they were @ Level 10.
    So somehow I had a success rate with both of them but still I have doubts…..

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@beastre

Things definitely improve at L11. It’s still difficult but no longer impossible.

That having been said, I’ve encountered some Medium nodes at L11 that I got pasted on, so who the heck knows, lol?

Beastre
    @beastre

Yea, it’s the inconsistency that has me so frustrated. I feel like there is something simple and basic I’m overlooking to maintain a balance of challenge vs. playability. Some of these instant death runs mysteriously turn easy after a while and others times what should be an easy run ends up ending suddenly. No matter how messed up and stacked against me it gets, once every day or two everything falls in place and I make a little progress. My cynical self tells me that’s just the ‘crack’ they’re giving me to keep me coming back for more, but whatever it is, it’s working: I’m still plugging away, trying to level up these TFs one more time….

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Update ruined the balance of the game

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.