Update August 1th

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update August 1th

• So, what’s new?

Lava levels (like seen in Rovio’s facebook teaser). Seem to be only the newest levels (1300+). I’m stuck at level 720, so it will take a while for me to play them.

Three new hats: Birthday hats (2x), Chief hats (3x) and Icecream hats (4x).

The Clan system where you choose a clan (with name and country) up to 50 members. You play a 5-stage match and win one point. 2nd match costs 20 gems, you win 2 points. 3rd match costs 60 gems, you win 3 points, and so on. The first three in the clan ranking get a small Black pearl bonus. Every 15 points you make, you get a little goodie like feathers or gems.

After installing the update, my star ranking decreased from 122 to now 119. What the heck?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Replies
  • jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Are all the bugs and glitches resolved? Does facebook work? Does the slingshot feat work?

I’m a little disappointed in the coming soon feature… clans? Meh, don’t need that.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

Clans are just disappointing… it’s just like the arena.

And lava isn’t such a new thing to me…it’s like they just changed the look of the water and made it effect like when you enter a ring of fire found in the previous level (basically water + rings)

Shiggy
    @shiggy

The slingshot feat is working. About the facebook thing, I don’t know, I don’t use it. Arena profiles have a new look, and they changed the award in streak 2:  50 BP instead of 100 feathers.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

That’s not a bad idea – 100 feathers are nothing anymore. 50 BP are quite nice for lowet players.
    Slingshot working is very good, about time.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Odd. I am not getting any updates for the game. Anybody else having this problem?

louie
    @louieamora

anybody here lost all their highscores and 3 stars? i lost all of mine upto lvl 1220…

kelshe
    @kelshe

@Louieamora… I lost all my scores and my star rank dropped 5 levels. My game avatar vanished. The crashes that Rovio said would be fixed continue.  Trying to scroll back on the world map to play earlier levels, it crashes. Press the next button in the world map, it crashes.  Watch a video, it crashes. Go from world map back to main screen, it crashes. Go from arena back to the main screen, it crashes. Friend list is intermittently full then empty. When empty, a press of the invite button results in the conn error message. Rovio always says that the bugs will be fixed with the next update. It’s always the next update. Then comes the next update and the bugs either continue or new bugs are introduced that will be fixed with the next update. It’s always the next update. This has been going on for over a year.  Notice that when players find an exploit, Rovio can fix that right away when revealed on this blog.  No need to wait for the next update. But when players experience myriad bugs, it’s wait for the next update. It’s always the next update.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Holy sh*t, thanks for the heads-up. I will make an backup before downloading the update.

@captsternn
    : not getting the update yet either. In another thread @hank posted, that they roll out the update step by step.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

It seems that update is only for Android, I can’t get it on my iPhone, but I found it in Google Play store.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

My friend just got the update, changed their arena streaks as well. Though well the 2nd streak stayed the same, the 5th streak went from 500 feathers to 25BP. I hope they are doing a/b testing and haven’t changed it to that, I would much rather have 500 feathers than 25BP, the 2nd streak reward of 50BP made more sense, but seems to have gone back for them. If replacing feathers with pearls 25 seems too low in my opinion.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

Still no sign of it yet on Apple. Waiting til’ tomorrow probably, since Thursday is typically Rovio’s “update” day

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@rowdypup

Same here on Apple Iphone.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Apple need some time to approve updates while Google let it go right away. Be patient, it should appear soon.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@ryan-kochie

I got the same streak change as well for the most part.  I don’t like losing the 500 feathers for a handful of pearls.  #2 for me is now 150 feathers.

Also got kicked into a different tournament from where I was and went from #2 and #8.  First time playing in weeks and the arena still found a way to screw me over.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I think I will skip the update until the tournament ends… I am first with 75 stars, second has unbelievable 7 stars – I will not get kicked into a different tournament and lose it ;-).

qprstu1
    @qprstu1

Updated from iOS, lost ALL progress on all levels :(

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Looks as if I’ve lost all my highscores and 3 stars up to 1220

So on the basis I’m not starting again from level 1, it looks as if I’m out of this game.

Woo hoo

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Have you encountered any changes in your arena tournament?
    I just backed up my iPhone but I don’t think I will install the update, since this loss of progress seems to be not only coincidental.

qprstu1
    @qprstu1

Seems ok except for streak change

Shiggy
    @shiggy

My levels just got fixed again, along with that my star ranking increased back to the old status.

Anyone else noticed that daily feathers became less than before?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t think we are going to have the option of waiting until the tournament ends, Jo-Ha. Usually the update is optional on the first day, then required on the next day or we can’t play at all.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Thanks for the heads-up, @captsternn, I will try to avoid the update until sunday. Maybe it works…

wicket182
    @wicket182

iOS update August 3rd. Lost ALL my spells.

kedik22
    @kedik22

Are FB gifts working again?

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Given AB2 has been in runaway inflation for more than 1 year, I am glad the limit the free play each member of a Clan can do to 12 hrs (to me anyway). Charging 20 gems for extra play is still too cheap IMO, 200 gems more like it. Rewards from Clan play should be a bit more to hype the interest.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update August 1th

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.