Update 1017/18: Buggy?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update 1017/18: Buggy?

• Was trying to beat the daily challenge and it ended prematurely.  I noticed that an option to watch a video to continue with an extra life appeared.  I watched it.  Then the challenge not only ended but also put me in the King Pig Challenge.

Further, I have 4/5 hearts left and it has me on a 20 minute timer to use my next life.  This didn’t happen yesterday after I downloaded the update.

Anyone seeing the same thing?  Are there any other bugs they you’re seeing?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or outright theft by Rovio, but since the update they’ve stopped giving me the daily gem letter that they owe me.  I paid for it less than a month ago and it should not have expired, but they’ve given me nothing the past two days.  This, of course means that I can’t complete the daily tasks, so they also owe me a lot of feathers I should have been able to get.

I’ve written Rovio twice about this and so far no response in the past 48 hours.  They’re literally blatantly not giving me something I’ve paid for.

Since they can’t seem to be bothered to respond, any tips or suggestions anybody has about what I should do at this point to get what I paid for would be greatly appreciated.

SB311
    @sb311

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but there has been an exclamation point on the new Mighty Eagle Training Camp icon since the update. It’s a bit distracting. Anyone know why?

adal316
    @adal316

Yeah I’ve got the same thing with the exclamation point on the might eagle icon. Also did not receive any feather bonus when levelling up bird. Definitely a bug since the update. Hopefully it gets resolved ASAP

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Sticky exclamation point seen here, too. So, instead of fixing or even reckognizing old bugs, Rovio is just creating new ones. Or… maybe one of their “experiments” just went wrong?

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

exclamation point seen here as well, and its annoying

Corvus Rex
    @mbittenbender

Have not seen that original issue again, thank God.  Lost opportunities to get enough feathers to free Stella.

The exclamation point is there on mine as well….and yes….it’s a tad annoying.

garethw
    @garethw

Crashes every time that Teenage Ninja video is shown – three times now I’ve lost an Arena streak in the past day.

Fortunately only at lower levels ask just want the apples and chest – but it’s very annoying.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Crashes every now and then just quietly closing down on main account in tablet.

FTP account on phone does not do the same. Could be resource related?

AB2 used to get stuck for some videos showing oriental (possibly thai?) or similar squiggly text. I’ve not seen those for a while.

Edit: Crashes occasionally on phone, too.

SB311
    @sb311

@garethw: I had that happen to me too. There was no x to exit the ad. It just kept replaying a video but I haven’t gotten that ad in a while.

I’m still getting the exclamation point on the ME icon. Is there any way to report this problem/annoyance?

Corvus Rex
    @mbittenbender

More than a few times now I’ve been playing in the arena and I get a notification (text or EM).  If I’m pulling back on the slingshot at the same time when it comes up, I get screwed.  Normally I’d swipe up to get rid of the distracting notice.  At worst the game would pause and the slingshot would reset.  Now, swiping causes the message to open.  However, instead of pausing and resetting like usual it now ends the challenge and I lose ending my streak.  I’ve lost several challenges now that I would’ve won and lost long streaks (btn 6-8).

Seems like a new bug.  Anyone else have this happen?

And before anyone tells me to turn off my notifications, that’s not an option – life over AB2.

caitlin-williams
    @caitlin-williams

Pretty much having all of the above issues too. My biggest issue is that my account reset to the levels I was at a week prior to the update. Not very happy about this as I had beat 5-6 king pig levels 😒 praying there’s an update and will fix all issues mentioned for all of us…… I did save my progress prior to the update so I’m going to hope it will reload whenever there’s an update.. should’ve had the new bird almost a week ago now i still have two days to wait

HootyHoot
    @hootyhoot

I haven’t been receiving my feather rewards and even though I’ve put in tickets with screenshots showing the same feather count even after the reward, they’ve told me I’ve received it. I’m never purchasing a single blanking thing again from this company. It was literally months of me asking about the bugs in Nibblers before someone finally had the ethics to reply and tell me that they will not be making any updates to the game.

I feel like when games no longer are going to be updated that they shouldn’t be allowed to accept money from customers. I am thinking about going to Apple about these issues.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

The non-existing support Rovio gives is a lousy way to handle the customers. They like to either ignore complaints and bug reports or just give runaround with stock replies and deny anything is wrong.

Spells don’t always work at all, birds temporary forget their abilities and even worse problems are pretty annoying. I don’t bother to contact Rovio any more, so sooner or later I get pissed enough to just stop playing.

Corvus Rex
    @mbittenbender

Again, this problem persists and I’ve lost even more opportunities due to it.  Further to the arena, I lost an opportunity in a clan event where it literally threw me out of the session with for no reason.

When invested emotionally or financially in a game, these updates come with a little excitement, but more and more it seems like I groan over what mistakes they’ve made to ruin the user experience.  They could keep this game going for a long time.  They won’t ever get a dime out of me – I’m patient and thrifty – and I’ve done well without paying.  Those who have paid may have more of a cause to be angry, but in the end Rovio will drive people away the same way Zynga and Ubisoft have.

Marco.cupra
    @marco-cupra

Hello together,

a member of my clan has also problems with the new update. He can’t get any rewards. If he opens the chest every half hour, the time starts from the beginning but the five cards doesn’t appear. If he completed a normal level, the game sucks on record-screen. If he try to collect rewards in clan-challenges, the game sucks and he can’t get anything.

He tried already to reinstall the game, no changes.

Have you ( @yue-zhang , @dezsike ) any idea or some advices?

Thanks

Yue
    @yue-zhang

my idea?? no idea at all…why not submit a ticket to Rovio….

Dezsike
    @dezsike

It seems it’s a device related problem… Unfortunately this update was not optimised properly and it causes issues on some weaker devices where it worked perfectly earlier. This update keeps slowing down over time on my wife’s device (maybe due to overheating) and eventually crash. It never happened before this update.

edwelborn
    @ed-welborn

There seems to be a problem with the update which was started some time early this week. I can’t get past the Update Available! window. Nothing happens when I click on the Update button, and there is no other choice but to quit the app. Running iOS 9.3.5 on a 5th Gen iPod Touch. Don’t know how to get the version number of the AB Friends I am playing. Hope someone can help, I’ve missed the last two tournaments, cuz I can’t even get into the the game.

Thanks, Ed Welborn

Ok, since I seem to be the only person with the opportunity to “Edit”, I’m going to take advantage of it and hope someone important reads this.

The Update to which I refer above is an Angry Birds Friends Update–not an Apple Update. Sometime early last week this update appeared on my screen just before the game actually starts. Nothing happens when I click the “Update now” button. I don’t know when exactly this started, because I was unable to play Monday and Tuesday, Oct 29th and 30th. On Wednesday early evening when I tried to play, there was and still is a window which reads in its entirety, “UPDATE AVAILABLE! Hey There! You may need to log in to Facebook again after the update. (and then, of course, the “Update now” button)

I’ve tried logging into Facebook before, during and after opening the Angry Birds Friends app. Nothing so far makes any difference. The Update still doesn’t run and I am still missing tournaments. Of course, this is happening soon after I put some real money into the game.

If there is another place to leave my message somebody please let me know.

Thanks, Ed

Dezsike
    @dezsike

I can confirm the overheating issues caused by the game. After a hour of continuous playing my phone became very hot. Not dangerous but it’s never been this hot before.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update 1017/18: Buggy?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.