Update 1.1.0 out today

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update 1.1.0 out today

• Angry Birds Epic 1.1.0 came out today on iOS and Android, by the look of it.

– There’s a countdown on the main screen telling me an event will start tomorrow at 10 AM Eastern. The event is called “For The Pirate King”. The patch notes say something about becoming champion of my leader board. Whatever that is. There was a message in-game about killing pigs on the map. The Account Settings screen says I have 0% achievements.

EDIT: See below. Event is now live and pics are available as well as details.

– I got rewards for however many stars I’ve collected throughout the game. Considering I’ve 3-starred a lot of the game, that got me something about mastery (see further). Not sure if that unlocks the dojo for new players after so many stars won, but I got no discernible benefit from that. I also got 3 Experience Potions, 3 Mighty Eagle’s Favorite Dish and 1000 snoutlings.

I have 724 stars right now. If I’m counting correctly (and no, I didn’t forget the Maelstrom level), there are 62 more I can earn, for a total of 786. Not sure if there’s another reward beyond what I already got.

– There is a new Stamina Drink in the store: 25 of them for 45 lucky coins. They increase by 1 (max of 15). It says it can be crafted with 5 Essences of Friendship, but I don’t seem to have the recipe. No clue how to get it as of yet.

– Max level is still 33. No new caves or levels that I can see.

– The big one: Mastery. No more Veteran, Elite and Master upgrades. Each class now progressively earns Mastery. After the update, classes I had at Veteran are now level 3 Mastery. Classes I had at Elite are at level 5. I had no classes below Veteran and none at Master so I don’t know what those levels are.

EDIT: Confirmed below that Master classes start at level 7.

I’m assuming there’s level 1, 2, 4… etc. That does offer more granularity and more progressive increase in power for birds instead of the 3 levels of upgrades from before.

For my classes at level 3 (formerly Veteran), it says 2499 Mastery to next level. For the ones at level 5 (formerly Elite), it says 9999 to next level.

EDIT: Confirmed below that it’s 19999 from level 7 (aka Master) to level 8.

The nest says I have 86 Master Ranks earned. I have 22 of the 25 classes. 10 were at Elite and 12 at Veteran. 10 times 5 (the new Mastery level for Elite birds) + 12 times 3 (the new Mastery level for Veteran birds) = 86. So that does add-up. I did have the Archmage update from the Android special a few months ago. That hasn’t added an extra medal like it did before.

Dojo (see further for dojo cooldown – looks like 24h): it’s offering me 3 things to purchase:
    1. 100 snoutlings for +500 Mastery for one of the classes (Red’s Avenger in my case, which is at level 3 aka Veteran)
    2. 100 snoutlings for +500 Mastery for one of the classes (Bomb’s Berserker in my case, which is at level 3 aka Veteran)
    3. 15 lucky coins for +500 Mastery for all of Matilda’s classes (apparently, you’ll only see this if you have all the classes for a given bird). Confirmed that you can get that offer even if you don’t have all the classes for a given bird.

EDIT: It has been reported that you can buy +1000 Mastery for all birds and classes for 75 Lucky Coins. I haven’t personally seen that in the Dojo yet.

So let’s do maths. I need 2499 for my level 3 to go to level 4 (let’s say 2500 to make it easy). That’s 500 snoutlings at that price. I don’t know how much it is from level 4 to 5. By comparison, it was 2000 snoutlings to go from Veteran to Elite before. So another 1500 snoutlings would get me there, which works out to 7500 Mastery to get from 4 to 5. Since I already know it’s 9999 to get from 5 to 6, that could make sense.

I’m guessing Level 6 isn’t what Master classes are at after the update. Someone out there reading this who has Master classes, please let us know.
    Now confirmed that Master classes are level 7.

So:
    – Level 1 to Level 2: 24 Mastery (confirmed)
    – Level 2 to Level 3: 1199 Mastery (confirmed)
    – Level 3 to Level 4: 2499 Mastery (confirmed)
    – Level 4 to Level 5: 6099 Mastery (confirmed)
    – Level 5 to Level 6: 9999 Mastery (confirmed)
    – Level 6 to Level 7: ?
    – Level 7 to Level 8: 19999 Mastery (confirmed)

The 15 gold to update all of a bird’s class is pretty nice. If I’m guessing the table correctly, for 75 lucky coins, you could get all 5 classes of a given bird to level 3 aka Veteran. Or for 225 lucky coins, you could get all 5 classes of a given bird from Veteran to level 5 aka Elite (300 from nothing to Elite). To be confirmed, since I only have a couple values confirmed and those are between levels, not total to that level.

Apparently Mastery drop in the world from pigs. I haven’t seen it, but after playing one level, a couple of the birds I used in that level need slightly less Mastery to the next level. I’ll have to keep an eye on it to see what it looks like.

EDIT 2: So it’s not a drop. There’s a passive increase in Mastery for every battle you do (only applies to the classes actually used during the level). Basically, it’s like experience, but with no animation on the screen.

EDIT: It really is a drop. I’ve now seen it and not all pigs drop it.

This is what happens when you gain a Mastery level:

Mastery Level Up

– I haven’t looked at gear or abilities to find out if anything got nerfed (or the opposite).

– I won’t know until a couple days from now if the trick to always get legendary with the friend’s roll still works. I happened to roll earlier today right before the update. Someone else can confirm.

EDIT: Several people have confirmed that it still works.

Please add your sightings and new things you find.

EDIT: Forgot to add:
    – Each rank of Mastery = 10% attack and health.
    – The dojo cooldown is now longer! I wasn’t paying attention, sorry, but I think it’s 4h30m or somewhere around that. That sucks, because with the increases being smaller, it’s going to take a while to power up those birds.
    – The fact that mastery drops from pigs encourages you to use more classes than just stick with the known good ones.

EDIT 3:
    – Matilda’s animation is fixed.
    – When a pig summons an ally, it looks like it’s dead at first. That’s not been fixed.

EDIT 4:
    – My dojo countdown is now over 13h!!!! I wonder if it’s synced to the server now. That’s a loooong time.

EDIT: I think the dojo cooldown is 24h. Seems to roll over at midnight local time for me (I’m Eastern).

EDIT: Buying something at the dojo replaces it with something else. So I’m not sure what the cooldown is for unless you’re really short on funds or want to wait for a specific class to show up in the dojo.

– So the Event is live. It lasts 63h. Pictures are below.

The pigs are showing up all over the world map. Some of these battles let you use 4 birds, some have a breath of fire AOE effect (think Chronicle Caves where you get damaged every few turns), some don’t let you use Matilda.

I see the rewards for the event, but I don’t know how to get them. After the 63 hours are over? EDIT: The reward wheel for the tournament has +1500 Mastery for each individual bird (so that’s 5 of the possible rewards), one +1500 Mastery for every bird and two +6 Stamina drinks. The 3 people with the most medals on their leader-board get 3 stars. the next 5 get 2 stars. The next 7 get 1 star.

EDIT: Now that the Event is over, I saw that it takes 10 Friendship Essences to re-roll the Event’s reward wheel.

The battles reward you with event medals and stamina drinks. EDIT: The battle that costs 7 Stamina has a top reward of +500 medals. The battle that costs 5 Stamina has a top reward of +350 medals. The battle that costs 3 Stamina has a top reward of +200 medals.

I got my first stamina as a reward and it now appears in the crafting section (the cauldron). It can be crafted for 5 essences of friendship. Or as I said in my original post, buy 25 of them for 45 lucky coins.

I still don’t understand what it does or how useful it is. When starting one of the event battles, it does say the battles require Stamina. There is countdown that shows you lose gain a point of Stamina every 15 mins. As I said in my original post, you can only have 15 stamina points max. I started the event with 15 Stamina. Not sure what happens when I run out. Can I not do the event anymore?

EDIT 5: OK figured it out. Stamina is basically a way to make you spend money. You can’t do the Event battles if you don’t have Stamina. See my picture above, where it says -5 stamina on the icon you use to start the battle? That means it costs you 5 Stamina to enter the battle. If you don’t have enough, you can’t get in. It’s a new currency…

Since I don’t have any Stamina drinks left and not enough Essences to craft Stamina drinks (and I’m not spending 45 Lucky Coins to buy 25 of them), I guess I’m done with the Event.

Looks like you gain one Stamina point every 15m.

Let’s hope the next event starts you off with 15 Stamina again.

Now to wait for the rewards.

Event

Pig on map

Pig on map

Battle

Rewards

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gaah — Two major updates in one day! This will send a lot of AB addicts over the edge.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

Two? I only saw one…

Anonymous

@eric2203 That basketball update came out for Seasons today too.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

Ah sorry, didn’t see that.

I edited my post above: Mastery is not a drop. There’s a passive increase in Mastery for every battle you do (only applies to the classes actually used during the level). Basically, it’s like experience, but with no animation on the screen.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

I’m liking the update so far. It even appears to run smoothly on my outdated iPhone4S.

Only question I have is about the Mastery system. I’m not entirely sure how it works. Maybe it’s based on the level of the pigs you’re fighting, or maybe it’s the number of pigs…either way, it basically means you have to take out a lot of piggies.

Still, I like the system. It’s nice to be able to upgrade my birds not by forking over money for LCs, but by…actually playing the game.

Kazoot
    @kazoot

Have updated as well. I am unable to get anything at the dojo. Some message about “all available offers sold out. Unlock all bird classes to get additional offers”. I have no idea what that means. I have contacted Rovio, no reply as of yet. Anybody have any guesses? My husband has no problem with the dojo.

I have one bird that was at elite level. I got 7 mastery points for that one. Not sure what that means. The Mighty Eagles favorite dish was nice.

pancaro
    @bertellifabio

same dojo problem here..

waiting for help…

pancaro
    @bertellifabio

@kazoot

did you speeded time before the patch? And your husband?

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

I got stamina with hearts, not sure what that does.

sal9
    @sal9

wow @eric2203 Nice detailed post. Thanks!

Astupidiot
    @astupidiot

It would happen right when I’m finally able to use the golden piggy machine exploit… Literally the first day is today when I final have it set to work.

abirds954
    @abirds954

There is no recipe for the drink. It’s just 5 friendship essence.

Being at level 7 for a few classes, i have 19,999 to next level.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

You can acquire, as mentioned, a Stamina Drink for 5 Friendship Essence. However, you’ll also receive one Stamina point every 15 minutes.

abirds954
    @abirds954

From the page for the event: Event battles are the main source of Mastery points.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

OK figured it out. Stamina is basically a way to make you spend money. You can’t do the Event battles if you don’t have Stamina. See my picture above, where it says -5 stamina on the icon you use to start the battle? That means it costs you 5 Stamina to enter the battle. If you don’t have enough, you can’t get in. It’s a new currency…

Since I don’t have any Stamina drinks left and not enough Essences to craft Stamina drinks (and I’m not spending 45 Lucky Coins to buy 25 of them), I guess I’m done with the Event.

EDIT: Looks like you regain 1 point of Stamina every 15m.

Let’s hope the next event starts you off with 15 Stamina again.

Now to wait for the rewards.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@eric2203 You don’t lose one stamina every 15 minutes, you gain one. Why would the game punish you by making you lose stamina for doing nothing? You can still play the challenge, just at a slower pace than people willing to spend money, a common theme among many games.

This system is similar to the many mystery/hide and seek/where’s waldo/find stuff type games on the app stores. Nothing revolutionary here.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

You’re right, I’m sorry. You regain 1 point of Stamina every 15m. I’ll edit my posts.

TrueMage
    @truemage

I just didn’t got one thing: why I’m only one in event? Seems like I’ll win in any case. It is kinda weird. There is no reason to spend money for stamina – you’ll get 1500 mastery in any case. Am I right?

Eric2203
    @eric2203

One of my posts got deleted. I edited the first one in this thread with the info. Basically, my dojo countdown is now over 13 hours and I posted some pics of the event and rewards, what it looks like on the map… etc.

Astupidiot
    @astupidiot

Does anyone know if the update took away the golden pig machine exploit?

Eric2203
    @eric2203

Someone in the other thread says it still works.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

We have a full post about this update. I think further conversation should be moved there.

sjmike
    @sjmike

Golden Pig machine still works. I just verified that it doesn’t increase your rainbow bar.

Delfontes
    @delfontes

Anyone know if your friends will show up on the event leader board? Right now it just shows me….

bouboule
    @bouboule

I’m the only one on my leaderboard too

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update 1.1.0 out today

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.