Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 249 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

@marty-schofield – I remember that part, I just do not understand why. I cannot even use the free stamina I am getting, much less get into a position where I might want to pay for additional stamina if I were so inclined. Usually I can relate game functions to dollars and cents for Rovio, but right now it seems to be working against them, as there does not appear to be a way to buy my way around the roadblock.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@burbman
    Would be a decent strategy if I had Finisher and T-Bird. I have neither. And my Skulkers are only E4. :(
    Right now I’m battling with M13 Elite Pally, M15 Wizard, M11 Elite Bard and M13 Spies and it works pretty well. The boss CAN attack but the tentacles are of no harm and the attack from the boss does not endanger my 3-star win.

Currently in the lead on my board with a bit less than 2k points. It was worth the 2-hour wait to start the first battle :D

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Started 2.5 hours after the event began, and didn’t wind up with any SD-swilling, FE-snorting nutcases like @datguygamer or his opponents, and I’m currently in 3rd place on my team with 1810 points, just 40 behind the leader and 700 ahead of 4th place. My team is losing, though, albeit not by a lot (yet). Go TeamBomb98! Beat TeamRed21!

I notice that while the top score on the wheel is 250, the opposite side has 200, and is surrounded by 110 and 120 (or is it 100 and 110?), while the 250 has 80 and 90. Hitting either 250 or 200 in the middle yields practically the same score. Doesn’t seem like it’s worth re-spinning unless you miss both 200 and 250 completely, unless you’re holding out for that 25% chance for a perfect or near-perfect score.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So unlocked the headgear and guess what, the button doesn’t appear. Isn’t that just nice and dandy?

Y U DO DIS ROVIO??

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dahnlor If you think I am a nutcase (this is the first time I have used so many resources in an event though) then you clearly haven’t seen what kind of competitions other do during the mini-campaign events. Some of them reach upwards of 189K and still think that as normal. XP

Anyways, hitting the 250 side nets you 420 points while hitting the 200 side nets you 410 points. Not a whole lot of difference but sometimes just that much can decide your fate.

burbman
    @burbman

@datguygamer – How have you been able to play so many battles? Are you the only active player on your team? My Kracken is always knocked out by my teammates when I go to play. I honestly only want the 10k for the headgear, so I shouldn’t have any issues getting there in five days, but if I cannot even fight battles, there could be a problem.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@burbman Mostly. I have got my chances but as just like you experienced, I also have had situations where the opposing team is so aggressive that I couldn’t get my chances to play for about 2 times after the boss repaired itself. But then I left the game on instead of quitting and coming back to it. As soon as the timer hit 0:01 I hit play and played as many battles as I could before all its hearts were reduced. You have to be aggressive as well if your opposing team is such.

Since I used a lot of S.Drinks, I unlocked Elite Guardian but the button is bugged.

Also, the event is only for 4 days like the last one, not 5. :)

burbman
    @burbman

@datguygamer – I see, leaving the game on and running is not an option for me as I am at work, and can only play on my breaks. My game says “4 days remaining”, which in Roviospeak means less than five, so I figured that the event lasts for a total of five days. Hopefully I get the opportunity to use my naturally occurring stamina to get enough points to upgrade the headgear. Even if I cannot use it right away, Rovio always fixes that in time, and it is not like Guardian is high on my list of headgear utilized.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

@datguygamer
    In retrospect, I probably should have said “madman” instead of “nutcase”, as I meant no disrespect, and I was absolutely including those even crazier than thou :)

After getting another glance at the wheel, I confirmed that the “bottom” half has 110 and 120 on each side of the 200, so you actually get 430 for hitting the 200 in the center, better than the 420 for getting the 250 square on. I also find the 310-340 points for getting the 200 or 250 on an edge to be acceptable, though the 200 for hitting the 15 snoutlings in the center will definitely incite me to cough up a FE.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryjohnny
    It seems that you are not the only one. My game crashed once on my phone during the battle so I lost 5 stamina. My game crashed once on Bluestacks when I clicked on the small Kraken icon. So far 2 crashes. My friend (Android user like me), confirmed crashes too. His game crashes during arena battles due to this event.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dahnlor I’ll wait till I get 5 more stamina but I am certain in my game I am seeing the other side as 200, 100, 110 or maybe I am just hallucinating. Also, no offense taken, I know you were joking. :)

@burbman
    Good luck to you then

What’s interesting is that unlike the other times, the medal count has a tick mark on it but the class does not. I remember that all other times I unlocked the class, it also got a tick mark beside it. Note that I did get that screen where it gives you the option to “Check Out” the class but here it doesn’t indicate that. Weird. :/

I hope I get that class upgrade properly.

Elite Guardian unlocked?

metztli013
    @metztli013

My game is crashing after battling the kraken as well. It will finish the battle, and then load the main screen. Then, when I click on the kraken all of the original birds pop up on the screen momentarily in front of the kraken and then I get the message “Unfortunately Epic has stopped.” and the game shuts down. Also, like the last team event, the kraken doesn’t seem to be growing after reviving.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

well without spend not a single golden coin or the red-heart shapped diamond i have 3190 medals till now i hope that i will get in the 4 days time the Elite Gurdian Class.

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

Yeah I was wrong, it is 100 and 110 flanking the 200, so I retract my endorsement of the 200-point side. Brain synapses misfiring this morning.

Seems my low-key approach is enough to already build a lead in my team, while our opposing team has developed some motivation and has increased their lead to over 4000 points. Booo TeamBomb98!

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@datguygamer
    Normally you get a check mark on the class to confirm you have gathered all of the individual components; in this case there is only one component and 10k of it gives the new class, hence no check mark (I guess that’s the Finnish logic behind it).

@burbman

I’m definitely not sure but I can imagine that the occasional pause is to run some point verification or (badly written apparently) cheater finding or points collating script in the database. Other than that I too fail to see much reason for them.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@dahnlor I also see 100 and 110 besides the 200 on the wheel. If you have 120 on your wheel, good for you.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

My Team ( Blues Team 35 ) is doing pretty good , with 6 of us over 2,000 points.
    Our problem is we’re losing by 9,000.
    One of their players ( Bomb Team 42 ) already has 9,000 points.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@napoleongl That’s the small detail I cannot remember. When we did this for Elite Cleric, can you remember whether that tick mark appeared or not after you collected the upgrade?

If you cannot remember (which is entirely possible), after you get all 10K points, can you inform me back what you see (as to whether you get that check mark or not)? That would be appreciated.

@dahnlor
    So I was correct then. That means it’s only slightly better to go after the “main” prize rather than the “decoy” prize.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

BTW, was anyone else playing the game while the event started? I was in the Chronicle Caves working on my friend list, and at exactly 2:00 PM I cleared the level and went back to the cave. I was gonna continue with the next run… but it didn’t work. I tried tapping the Nest button… didn’t work. Nothing happened when I tapped the button or the level. Only the “Return to Island” button worked. It’s as if the game forced me to see the monster from the deep.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I tried this combo: Seadog, L-Bird (Time set), Treasure Hunters (TH), Bard (Nightmare set or Lasting song set). Start with Seadog Rage to eliminate all tentacles. Use L-Bird to attack with Bard to try stunning, attack with Bard to try stunning, attack with TH. Do this next round (+Seadog Gang up on Bard). If the Kraken is still alive and have some charged counter use L-Bird on TH (+Gang up on TH). This strategy almost guarantees that Kraken never attacks :) (Any revived tetacles destroy with Seadog.)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    Bomb’s rage to kill all tentacles will only work at very high Mastery and/or with highly enchanted L62 weaponry. I don’t have that so the strategy is ineffective.

Also, for some reason, I was unable to stun the Kraken a single time yet… yes I have brought Bard, multiple times. Maybe I’m just unlucky?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Yeah that strategy has some prerequisites.

I stunned Kraken with Bard twice in one battle :) so it seems that I used your luck ;) Nightmare set is far better than Lasting Song set in this case – Nightmare set’s +200% dmg is very useful here.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 Do you have skulkers? That 30% more damage plus Bomb’s rage should be sufficient. None of my bomb’s sets is enchanted and all of them are no higher than LV 52. Rage of Mastery 14 Bomb without Elite class can cause damage of 2612.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Since I want to give level the mastery several of my birds, I group the following together which are not my absolute strongest but I want to level them up:

E-Cleric M13 with Lasting Song set
    Treasure Hunters M14 with mixed weapons (Ballista + Remote Control)
    E-Stone Guard M14 with Banner Breaker
    E-Mage M14 with Chronos

No luck stunning the Kraken for me either except when I chili it with Blues Treasure Hunters… ;)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pixelyzed
    The reseting attack from TH is very useful here. Cleric has very low chance to stun with Lasting song set (8% only) – in the hands of Bard, thats a different song ;) (23%).

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event – Dangers From The Deep (Elite Guardian) New Helm

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 249 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.