Unfair matchups

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unfair matchups

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • Matt
    @mattydh

Yeah 5 or even 2 spells isn’t sustainable for me but I’m not playing enough these days for it to be a problem in the short term.

Between clan matches, DC/KPP, and the trail there’s enough in the game to prevent me from spending serious gems (and cash) on the arena. Been there, done that and I’m not going back!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yeah, the blatantly unfair match ups are really ruining the game. Glad to see I’m not the only person getting an opponent with 30-50+ FP plus spells on a regular basis.

What’s ironic is when I get a super opponent on the streak position 1 (I will never use spells or gems to win) I nearly always beat them even when appearing to be grossly out gunned. However, if I end up facing off with someone who is 10, 20, 30+ below me in FP, they will almost always slaughter me by 10-20+ million points.

Since this is happening to everyone else, I wonder if this is why for the first time in ages, I’m not in a league where half the players reach 300-500 points in 1-2 days.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The whole point of this is to flush out the remaining infinite spellers. At which point, I’ll switch my Xbox back on…

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Wake me when this nightmare is over. I don’t have infinite spells nor infinite gems.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Just played nine in a row, lost #3 to a guy well below me, who miraculously scored 11M with his last bird, but all of the rest were with 5 FP of me.

Then when I made it to #6 on the streak and found myself facing an opponent 107 higher in FP. Really thought it might be fixed since they seem to have changed back the daily challenge, but alas, it isn’t. Didn’t want to lose the streak as it will let me level up Blue if I can finish all 7, so I used all 5 spells.

The irony is I didn’t need them. I could have beat the guy without them, and probably even with a couple of screw ups with the birds. He barely scored 10M, I was at just under 30. Of course other times I get a huge mismatch, the guy will slaughter me by 20M+.

This will be my last tournament until they stop this garbage.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

From few days I barely manage to go through second match. But one thing bothers me. I played #2 match yesterday, where enemy avatar was different before battle and after it, but enemy name was the same. What I mean at the matchup screen opponent avatar was three blue birds and at the sum up screen it change to the pink one. Name was the same. What more, after few games I met identical situation with another rival. Match up enemy avatar was yellow bird and sum up avatar was… the pink one like I mentioned above. Enemy name at both screens was the same in that second match. Could someone explain it to me?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I actually don’t have Flock Power disadvantages. I have point disadvantages!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I noticed when I was playing earlier, after the update, that in Rounds 1-3, I out numbered all of my opponents or it was basically even. #4 had someone about 15-20 FP ahead of me, and starting on #5, the opponents were about 30-50 FP ahead and #6-#7 also had them using spells.

I played three more full streaks and each one was the same way.

This happen for anyone else, or did I just get a weird anomaly today?

cognitive
    @cognitive

Been like that for a few weeks for me. 6 or 7 is not unusual to face someone at +40 to +50 with 2-3 spells.

Defeatable with my own spells, which is exactly the objective of Rovio.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

We’ll, scratch that. Just had a round 1 who was 43 higher than me and slaughtered me with a 12M last bird to go from 11M to 23M. Such bull.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Depending on what the room looks like, 5M per room at my level (370) is not too difficult. However, I also see those 10M room people, and I don’t think FS difference is all of it, because we’re even matched all the way till the last bird or two.

I’ve even coined the term ‘Mystery Points Brigade’ for such players. The mystery or manipulation is not really 10M per bird (I doubt it, but two birds @ 5 M each are doable even if the software doesn’t show it).

What is amazing is how you play 6 birds for 11M and 1-2 birds for 11M more. 

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yeah, I’m sure the mystery points brigade is a bad scoring system and not cheating, but it is flat out irritating.

And thanks to how idiotic the entire arena has become, now I’ve gone from first place, to a distant second. Someone has been playing since around 7:00AM (central US time) and has not stopped since. He or she went from last place with zero, to 590 points and is still going up. I could probably catch up eventually when he goes to bed, if I really had the patience, but I don’t.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Which brings back the main item that ruined AB2 in my opinion, tickets. When you only have 8 + 8 chances a day the good players do shine. But when you have mediocre 24/7 players there simply is no match.

MartyF
    @martyf

90 lvls difference. Biggest so far.

I won cause I used 5 spells but to me this is to much power difference.

MaxStar
    @maxstar

Wow, that’s crazy big difference @martyf,  but that’s exactly what Rovio is aiming for. Hoping you will spend more on spells and gems.  I lost my streak today to a guy with FP 525 and 3 spells, mine is 413. I’m probably done playing the arena for a while. Good job Rovio!

MartyF
    @martyf

yeah its to much, before i did use gems once in an while in arena. but since they have difference as big as these i don’t do that anymore. they might want us to spend more in arena, well i spend nothing in there anymore. If i win i win if i lose i lose.

cognitive
    @cognitive

OK… Serious question to Rovio and friends. Like, serious question. Play along here:

1. A match involves two players.
    2. Nearly EVERY match reported here for experienced players at least involves opponents with 10%-20% HIGHER flock strength.
    3. If the process of selecting opponents is fair, shouldn’t we be seeing WEAKER opponents once in a while? How come I never see anyone 50 FP’s less than me?
    4. What am I missing other than the obvious?
    angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Well.. we I get opponents who are max 5 points lower in flock power.

But like you wrote before, these guys can be wizards who score over 20 millions.

MaxStar
    @maxstar

104 FP difference for your enjoyment. I guess sooner or later I will be facing opponents with 600+FP. Bring it on Rovio! 

PhillipSchober
    @phillipschober

True!!

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

I’d say that it is unfair for clan battle matches too. Last 3 battles my clan faced clans with +400 FP and individual players with +100 FP our top players!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Unfair matchups

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.