Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Replies
  • ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

I have a QWERTY level 7 on my board with 1170 medals.

I have an unnamed player, level 37 at 13540.

I did a bit of calculation, and while the payoff is higher (per stamina drink) on the most difficult level, I usually need to use one or two potions to complete it so the net is it’s not worth the effort. That, and the fact that the hard level can net you as little as 120 medals! I’ve spent too much friendship essence trying to get a decent outcome.

For the easiest level AVENGER with dragonbreath (level 5), Rainbird with phoenix (7), and Druid (6) unmatched seems to work wonders. I’m level 37. For levels with the Shogun Chuck is better but he powers everyone up before they start attacking and then it’s too late.

Master Ninja Bonus Wheel - and cost per stamina drink

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

Here is the Shogun bonus wheel

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@toothgnasher — You seem to have the same QWERTY as I do. Hasn’t been playing. I suspect he/she started at 1170.

Annifrid
    @annifrid

My opponents are 14 Unnamed Players. 13 of them are at level 20 or less, and 6 of them have no points at all.
    Then there’s this level 34 guy. He already had 5,725 not even an hour after the event began, and hasn’t improved since. I’m currently at ~7k.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@annifrid — Seems to be pretty common to have a leaderboard full of people who started with lots of points and aren’t playing. Does your level 34 guy have a name?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Observationally, Shogun and Master Ninja are kinda rare. I have had boards of only Black Ninja. Ugh. Sometimes you have to waste 3 to reset the board.

The Shogun for 7 is not a great draw, but it’s better than Black Ninja for 3.

I’m Level 35+ with Golden Chili, multiple Legendary sets, so these fights get off to a quick start.

Annifrid
    @annifrid

@mvnla2 No, he’s one of the Unnamed.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just got 2 Shoguns. So that brings the total since the event started to 3. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like I need more points to win.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

There’s a guy named CarLong that started with 6,665 medals on my board within 15 minutes of the event starting. He hasn’t added any since. Obviously a real player would have to have used a lot of potions and essence to get that much in such a short time. Why would they do so and then sit back and let people slowly pass them?

Seems pretty likely that Rovio is planting scores to at least get some people motivated to play more.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Sorry for my rather obtuse wording. What I mean is that I have a relatively good balance of all three pig icons. I generally have one shogun available every time I refresh the map. On another matter, everyone on my board has stopped dead – and they’re no longer accruing medals. Second place stalled at 2,990, a couple are between 400-900 medals and the remainder are on ZERO. I’m well in the lead – and I’m only on 9,550 or thereabouts.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@arcon73 @kch23mj @wios — Now that the Under the Cloud of Night Event is over, just wondering if, by any chance your calculating problem has been fixed. If so, was it fixed before the event started?
    Many of us had opponents who started with a lot of points and didn’t play, so we’re wondering if they are the people who were stuck with “calculating.”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Did anyone NOT finish first on their board?
    Anyone new get stuck in calculating at the end of this event?

Arcon
    @arcon73

I’m still stuck waiting for the 1st event results and didn’t even see anything about the 2nd. And I was over 10k ahead of 2nd place

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@arcon73 — Sorry to hear that. Did you send a support request to Rovio? What did they say? If you didn’t you really should.

Arcon
    @arcon73

Twice I sent something and heard nothing back still about to open new ticket see if that can get it fixed

Anonymous

@mvnla2 I finished 2nd on mine against someone with over 7k medals. I left the app open until it was over because when I got on there was only 2 minutes left. After it ended it said calculating for about five seconds before it said finished. After that I claimed my prizes and got off.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Is it closed now?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I finished first, and got 2x 1500 + 0 potions. What a lousy payout.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. No, no ‘calculation’ issues here… I logged in about 25 seconds after the event ended. I find it hard to believe that all the other people on my board were either (a) logged in at precisely that time (21:00 German time!), or, (b) logged in, claimed their event reward, and then logged out all within 25 seconds of the event finishing. I had no ‘calculation’ issues at the end of the first event either (the dragon themed one). So, not sure what it all means, really!

MadMike
    @madmike

After the dragon event I had the “Calculating” message for about an hour until I got to roll the prize wheel, but yesterday (ninja event) calculating was over in 5 seconds (Note that I only had 1 active player besides me on the leaderboard).

Wayne2
    @wayne2

@Annifrid, looks like we were having the same unnamed player that was at 5725 pts in less than 30min after the event start & then never played again ???

Still can’t figure out how they can score that much in so little time o-O !!!
    It took me around 2 hours on 1st night to match that score using a part of my stocked stamina drinks …

Of course finished 1st with 11.900 pts & 2nd was that same guy stucked at 5725 pts and could again stocked 110 staminas for next event.

As for last event I didn’t get the best prize on the wheel ….

Annifrid
    @annifrid

@wayne2 I believe it was the same guy. Fortunately I only had ~15 stamina drinks leftover from the last event, so I didn’t waste too much trying to beat him.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — Sorry you didn’t get the main prize. You might be better off stockpiling your friendship essence to re-roll the awards wheel, rather than spending it on stamina drinks.

@all — Reply from Rovio on calculating bug posted in Epic Bugs forum. I’m sure that having more data would help Rovio find a solution more quickly.

kch23
    @kch23mj

Event is over and people with calculating are losing again.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kch23mj — See response from Rovio in Epic Bugs forum. You really should submit a support request giving them the details of your platform and operating system; also maybe the version number of your Facebook app, and what your rank was in the competition before it closed.
    On the bright side as far as you’re concerned, this last competition didn’t have much of an award.
    It really appears that only some people are affected by this bug. Most of us had players who never played, or stopped playing long before the end of the Dragons Event, yet didn’t even see a calculating message. So for some (most?) of us, it is unlikely that our opponents needed to sign in for us to get the award.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘Under the Cloud of Night Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.