"Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 312 total)
  • Replies
  • MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have received messages to watch a video and receive 3 Stamina Drinks because I was low on them….every time, after watching the video, I have failed to get even one, let alone 3. Anyone else have this happen?

angryde
    @angryde

@mistychristie I can corroborate that, yeah. I have watched perhaps three of the “get three free stamina drinks” videos during the course of this event… and have yet to receive any compensation.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

You do get them but they do not show up in the “free” pool of drinks that is provided every 15 minutes. The 3 drinks by watching videos goes to your stocked pile of drinks in your inventory

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Top 3!

1500 ALL bumped Witch to 6.

angryde
    @angryde

@dragonofheart73 Thanks for the info; that totally makes sense. I never thought to cross check that… stoopid!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

This event will be on again in 11 days.

At last, an invasion again. A chance for me to get some stamina potions.

Dave
    @seraphion

@smwforever45

I hope so too. When you are at 100+ FE (I wont go below this bc the wheel takes 10/spin again in events) you can turn them into stamina.

Now that you have fb-friends xD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@seraphion
    That too but directly having stamina is nice too :P
    FB helps a damn lot though. :D

Dave
    @seraphion

Yeha :)

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

I’d usually use Samuraii against ninja enemies, but now that I have Stone Guard I wonder how he does

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@marty-schofield
    Now that I have SG I’ll likely use him together with Druid and Rogues, against those dreaded ninjas. Will be great :D

angryde
    @angryde

Has anybody else seen this weirdness in their news/events feed..?

latin.jpg

Could be a hack… as the counter @ 12:34:56 is not counting down…

Plus, the Latin is very odd… not that my rusty old Latin is really up to the task… it’s been many, many years XD

Literal –LOREM itself pain SIT AMET, attack ADIPISCING elites, but also allow EUISMOD the best to meet when concerns and pain (make) confident any(thing?). Even if for (indeed) not at all (for) kindness.

Curiously, ut enim ad minim veniam can also be read as ‘over the years, I will come,’ or, disturbingly, ‘for the Lord will come.’

Or, it could just be this…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

‘In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum (derived from Latin dolorem ipsum, translated as “pain itself”) is a filler text commonly used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation. Replacing meaningful content with placeholder text allows viewers to focus on graphic aspects such as font, typography, and page layout without being distracted by the content.’

Apparently, the proper translation is ‘Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?’

But, I was kinda hoping that someone at Rovio had gone insane, because it’s about time, or that some religious maniac was having a laugh…

R O F L

XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Hah, I was about to post the same. XD
    12:34:56 is the standard counter when no counter is available.
    And the “Lorem Ipsum” text is just a placeholder text for something else… so don’t worry, it’s not a hack and not ISIS either :D Rovio just has no idea what to do next.

BTW, when I was in my Latin class I also asked my Latin teacher if the Lorem Ipsum text was real Latin… it’s not, it’s a mixture of actual Latin and made-up words that only look like they are Latin :P (“euismod” is not a Latin word for example)

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde I’ve just seen it as well and was going to ask what it was about, so thank you for explaining :)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Yes, an amalgama, to continute with our Lain theme. XD

Anyone with even basic Latin can see it’s a mess… but I’ll confess, that I’d absolutely no idea that De finibus bonorum et malorum was used in this particular context…

And I never thought that Epic would teach me something constructive… ever… even passively, even if it was by accident!!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    XD Yeah! Such an ineptus text.

It’s always surprising how video games can teach people. I actually partly learned English through video games. XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The Lorem Ipsum text has been replaced with Dungeon Explorer.
    (After I got ANOTHER ESoD.)

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

Didn’t you know testers use “Lorem ipsum” text to test applications? :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jacek-jedrzejowski
    A test, for what? I believe this was a placeholder not a test. :P

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryde

@smwforever45

Can you two start providing a glossary w each of your posts?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dallasreds
    Hey, Latin is the root for many languages. Especially French or Spanish bear many similarities to Latin, but English or German words can also come from Latin.
    “ineptus” -> “inept” in English.
    “amalgama” -> “amalgam” in English, “amalgame” in French and “Amalgam” in German.
    “bonorum” -> “bonus” -> “bonus” in English, “Bonus” in German, “bon” in French.

But if you insist… XD

angryde
    @angryde

@dallasreds @smwforever45 Yosh is absolutely correct… the pidgin/creole nature of English is largely down to Latinate (Norman French) influences; specifically, how the linguistic hēgemonia of an ‘imported/imposed’ language utterly transformed the ‘native’ (Germanic) Anglo-Saxon, (and already hybridized) Anglo-Celtic admix. Case in point, the extensive word re-duplication exhibited by our beautiful mongrel: swine/pork, ask/enquire, buy/purchase, sunder/sever, etcetera. XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    You forgot the index. Boo! XD

Anonymous

Yo, this convo just got crazy smart! Linguistics in the hizzy! LOL.

For the record, TBird is the bane of ninja pigs’ existence.

Marksmen is fun to use against them too. Marksmen/TBird/Cannonneer is especially fun. Just cast each of their secondary abilities and watch the piggies commit seppuku. (Admittedly, that one pig that attacks all birds with 50% dispel chance puts a damper on this plan. Also, there’s no healing other than Set items with Hocus Pocus, so it’s not a good combo to use for three wave battles. Replace TBird with Paladin for a more viable strategy.)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 312 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.