"Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 312 total)
  • Replies
  • t_russell
    @tigerussell

@angryde — I couldn’t wait until I no longer needed to visit the dojo every three hours. It was liberating not to have to “check in” and no more purpose farming snouts. Leaves more time for the portions of the game that are still fun, or god forbid doing something else all together.

angryde
    @angryde

@tigerussell Lulz, totally! I’m not quite that evolved (yet). For me, it’s still a little like fighting the urge to scratch a phantom limb… so odd!

Anonymous

@angryde Man I WISH all my classes we’re 10. I’d like to use the extra Snoutlings on potions. If you feel part of your life was erased just go wreck some opponents in the Arena with your lvl 10 birds :D!

angryde
    @angryde

@partshade Lulz, mate! After playing this stupid, addictive game since its launch… you don’t wanna know how many snoutlings and potions I have..! Arena is still a semi-challenge though… which I really enjoy. But after lucking-out on a couple of diamond level banner items/emblems it’s become a lot less challenging. I’m really only playing now to gradually collect some sexier diamond level stuff for the arena and 45+ epic weapon sets… because I’ve never spent real world money on this game my collections are still relatively pathetic! Plus, if I get bored I can always buy the lucky coin purchasable classes and slowly level them up, I guess.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

It’s zombie pig killin time!!!!!

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@londojowo I think you meant to post in the Necromancer thread….

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

LMAO!!! You would be correct.

kyododom
    @kyododom

Looks like this event is back yet again! “Starts in 11 days”.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Well, this event is my third favorite event among the events. Beating ninjas is exciting…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

On the plus side, I’ve been leveling, so my dodge limit should be better!

Last time, my limit was only 478; now it’s at least 507.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

2nd place and a respin for 1500 all. Not bad.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

And it’s back for next weekend.

It will be nice to stock up a few potions as prep for Bomb’s new class at the end of the month, along with adding a little more mastery to Witch & the other classes.

Chang Yih Toh
    @chang-yih-toh

The “Under the Cloud of Night” event will start on 13 November 2015

MasacoMike
    @masacomike

My timer keeps showing me that the event is still “Coming soon”, and has 12:34:56 time left. How do I deal with this problem?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@masacomike That usually happens when there is a connection problem with the device. Check if you have an internet connection and try to restart Epic. If that does not work try to restart the device.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

With how buggy Epic is, you should probably restart every day or two to clear memory and Epic.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Under the Cloud of Night has started.
    Rewards wheel (clockwise from top) is:
    1500 all
    1500 Red
    1500 Bomb
    6 stamina
    1500 blue
    1500 Matilda
    1500 Chuck
    6 stamina

I am level 50
    My birds are
    Rainbird rank 11
    Samurai rank 10
    Druid rank 11
    The ninjas are immune to damage of greater than 620 (not sure if this depends on rank or level). However they seem to take unlimited damage from spells (or whatever we call damage on subsequent turns).

So far I’ve only seen 4 opponents on the map at once.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I use the same team @mvnla2 but for the 5 stamina battles I also add the Blues with the Spies class since you can use 4 birds in that fight.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

My limit is 650, as it depends on the birds you bring.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you want to use a character that can damage enemies with dodge and enemies with iron clad use either lightning bird or thunderbird with a max level set weapon. Depending on your rank you may need to equip with Mana Well or The Chronometer as your off hand weapon. To make other characters that can damage both you have to equip with a weaker weapon. The 25% bonus damage from thunder bird might enable some enemies to dodge later attacks, but Rage of Thunder is great to use especially if you are also using the Cleric.

greatleo
    @greatleo

Generally I ignore the Black Ninja (3 stamina) battles, focusing on the Master Ninja (5 stamina) and Shogun (7 stamina) battles.

I have two separate games/logins running: Regaterleo and Gertaleo. All birds are currently at level 50, with Mastery of 10. I’m working on the long, slow, slog up to Mastery 11.

Over a long period of time I’ve used automated battle mode with Star Reef Castle to accumulate mastery and lots of snoutlings. As a consequence, in each game I have over 200 each Greater Pig Cherry Juice Rank 2, Pretty Fruit Cake Rank 2, and Burning Veggie Cakes.

On my games, Shoguns ignore damage < 564, and Ninjas ignore damage > 589.

I use two line-ups. Both include Samurai and Mage.

My Samurai deals 3×351 damage with the Dragon Breath Set.
    My Mage deals 556 to all enemies with the Twin Lightning Set.

Master Ninja battles allow 4 birds, so I add Cannoneer (3×415) and Marksmen (2×422 + 302 per attack)

I start out the battle by hitting Master Ninja with Marksmen, and then feed the Rage Chili to Mage. If Master Ninja isn’t taken out in the rage, Samurai and Cannoneer are available to finish him off. In about 8 battles (so far), there usually only 2 pigs left, and they don’t last another turn.

For Shogun I add Capt’n to my mix. The battle goes as follows:

1) Use Capt’n’s Whip Up to increase Samurai’s strength by 60%.
    2) Feed the Rage Chili to Samurai to put a serious hurt on the Shogun.
    3) Consume two Burning Veggie Cakes to renew the Rage Chili, then feed it to Mage.
    4) During the pigs’ turn, take serious damage, but survive.
    5) Take 1 Veggie Cake, which usually fills up the Rage Chili. Take another if needed. Take 2 Fruit Cakes (or 1 if 2 Veggie Cakes were needed) to restore everyone’s health to an acceptable level (and allow me to get 3 Stars).
    6) If the Samurai has lost his Whip Up ability, renew it with Capt’n. Otherwise, start the turn by hitting the Shogun with Capt’n
    7) Feed the Rage Chili to the Mage. This usually wipes out the level, or gets us down to 1 or 2 plain Ninjas, which allows victory.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Seems like Shogun’s critical strikes was increased from 150% to 200%, just tried two Hard levels.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The best battle to pick in Under the Cloud is different than in other recent events:
    If you assume that you always get 3*, the average award per stamina is the following:

3 stamina battle     52 medals/stamina
    5                    62
    7                    67

If you have enough FE to get the maximum, the awards are

3 stamina      95 max medals/stamina
    5             114
    7             122

The problem I’v seen is that the shogun doesn’t seem to appear that often

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Shogun seldom appears(even in caves). I think it’s because the level will be too overpowered if he does.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 @angryjohnny I use the same team for the 7x stamina drink battles. Very effective; optimal combo, for sure. For the 5x stamina drink battles… again, I’m with @angryjohnny; just add Spies. With L-50 M-11 birds it’s all very straightforward.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 312 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.