"Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

• well, it seems like my least favourite event is back. It’s another 9 days wait, which means that the rewards on the wheel are probably going to be the same as the previous event.

Event has started! This event ends on 17th May

3 stamina Battles: Represented by Black Ninja. Enemies that can appear are Black and red ninjas, Ninja bowmen as well as lancers. Very easy. Special rules: None
    Strategy: Any combination of birds that can damage ninjas can be used, although a healer is recommended if you don’t have the golden chili. With the golden chili, you can wipe out the entire wave in 1 turn, with chuck’s speed of light. Personally, I use Samurai, Rainbird and Rogues.

5 stamina Battles: Represented by a master ninja. Consists of the above ninja types as well as 1 master ninja, and has a possibility of a mandarin as well. Special Rules: 4 birds allowed. This makes this battle as easy as the 3 stamina one. Just like above, Chuck’s rage attack can annihilate the entire wave in 1 turn, even if there is a mandarin. My usual combo for this level would be Samurai, Rainbird, Druid and Rogues.

7 stamina battles: Represented by a Shogun. All of the previous ninja types mentioned can appear, mandarins have a much higher chance of appearing as well. And of course, 1 extremely annoying Shogun. Special rules: Wild boar. For those unfamiliar, wild boar gives a 2 turn 30% damage boost to a random pig every 2 turns. Recommended strategy: Bring 2 healers, namely rainbird and druid. The third bird should be either Paladin, Spies or Skulkers, otherwise, the battle will end up being extremely brutal. Self sacrificial teams such as those with rogues, mage or thunderbird also work, as long as you can sustain the damage.

Extra collectibles: Lotus flowers appear randomly, and can give 10-20 event points, along with an experience potion or 50 snoutlings.

Reward wheel (in clockwise from top) All, Chuck, Blues Stamina, Bomb, Matilda, Red, Stamina

Something you guys might want to note, Shogun’s way of the pig was nerfed in one of the previous updates. It used to allow pigs to deal critical damage that was basically 300% damage. However, it is now only 150%, making shoguns much more balanced.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 312 total)
  • Replies
  • firedragon
    @mingkee27

Druid and Rainbird are pretty effective against ninjas, and Skulkers makes Druid’s thorns more effective.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

null

Skulkers are deadly against this knight.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

English screenshot:
    Screenshot_2015-05-04-12-29-54.png

Jim151
    @jim151

Ugh! Does this mean I’ll have to downgrade all my gear in order to score hits? Since all I have to gain is snoutlings and stamina drinks, I may skip this event. One has to win only one battle in order to get the achievement, right?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@jim151 Yes, you just have to have participated in the Event to get the achievement. Your final score does not matter.

Baconizer
    @korath88

@jim151 You probably don’t have to downgrade your equipment. Just use damage over time classes(druid, rainbird, rogues) or classes that deal multiple hits(samurai, cannoneer).

And one more thing: Try not to use critical hit weapons. Ninjas usually dodge crits.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

The dodge value for level 45 players is 535. So lots of the classes will be suitable for the Ninjas.

The Shogun is another question. The ironclad value increases with the level of opponent pigs. For a level 41 pig (i.e. level 41 shogun), the value is 420. For a level 45 pig, the value should be approx 457.

You probably won’t be able to achieve this with a level 45 Samurai with a level 45 set weapon and an offhand item with Might. I haven’t got a level 45 item for Red to check this out.

The new class Stone Guard may achieve the Ironclad value. Again it would be useful for someone to check this. The Stoneguard’s Ancestral Protection may also prove useful as a defense against Ninjas that do damage to multiple targets (e.g. Ninja bowman).

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@kerravon
    That’s why Skulkers are handy along with Druid. Their Tricky Trick can apply Druid’s thorns to all ninjas, and the Crossbow set can give deadly attack against Shogun (3000 or more).

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mingkee27 The Druids thorns attack is just too slow to cause real damage.

I have always found Marksmen (BEEP set) and Rainbird (Twin Lightning), armed with a Golden Chilli, to be the two most effective birds against Ninja’s. I just wish I could bring the rest of the team – Pigiana Jones.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

For me, Samurai with Dragon Set and Sweet Set are very important against ninjas, as attacks and healings as needed are really a lot. Besides, I found something that can beat ninjas easily:

1. Attack ninjas first when a wave of wave battles starts. Black Ninja has the same HP as a Rogue!
    2. Shogun should be the last one being beaten. Don’t think that you have enough stamina to bear his effective attacks. A bunch of lvl 37 ninjas can wipe a half of your lvl 45 Red’s max health out within 3 turns!

I seldom have trouble beating ninjas. Don’t worry about Shogun’s Ironclad, as you have Red’s Heroic Strike!

Baconizer
    @korath88

Well, I guess I should feel lucky that I currently have a level 45 dragon set for red.
    Red’s stone guard class, when the negative effect bonus is applied, can surpass the Ironclad limit, as long as the class is of sufficient mastery level. However, not many negative effects can be applied on the Shogun if you don’t have skulkers. Those that can be applied are: Stone guard’s Ancestral protection, Princess’ royal order, and the rather unreliable stun effect from certain weapons. Ancestral protection also requires the target to sustain a hit before the effect is applied.

Not everyone has skulkers, so we’re going to need another combo besides @mingkee27 ‘s strategy.

Jim151
    @jim151

The dodge value for level 45 players is 535. So lots of the classes will be suitable for the Ninjas.

OK. I though it was considerably lower. 535 is doable. Samauri with dragon’s breath, cannoneer with RPS, and Lightning bird with twin lightning should make quick work. If there is a mix of dodge and ironclad, maybe skulkers.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

I would advise against Skulkers because Blues will have not much else to do for a few turns after supporting Matilda since they hit higher than the Dodge threshold. If you have the Golden Chili, use it on Chuck; otherwise, save it for Matilda to heal up before winning the battle.

“Degen” Rainbird, Druid, Rogues
    “Chipper” Samurai, Lightning Bird/Priestess/Cannoneer, Marksmen

If this event is like last time, the 7-stamina battle will include an Ironclad pig. Make sure you have a bird that can take care of it.

bouboule
    @bouboule

You want to destroy ninjas quickly? Use archmage buff on a bird and force enemies to attack that bird.
    Be careful to ninja masters with their damn dispel ability.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Actually, if your Rainbird and Druid have maximum level and mastery, and latest set items, you can make 1300 damage on all ninjas (with Skulkers) each round. Don’t forget Rainbird and Druid can heal members.
    Moreover, Rainbird can yield much more damage if he has Twin Lightning set equipped, and Skulkers can take care of iron clad. That’s why I recommend this combo because it can take down ninjas quickly.

@whiteasice
    Don’t forget Skulkers Tricky Trick ability. Use it on Rainbird to apply damage and do healing in the same round.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@whiteasice I think the @mingkee27 strategy with Skulkers will work very well since you can use both Rainbird and Druid to heal every round if needed and Skulkers can use Tricksy Trick on both Rainbird and Druid or attack any ironclad directly with the normal weak spot attack and egg surprise.

It all depends on what set items you have. If your normal items are too powerful, you may not be able to use them. However the setup above will work fine with all level 45 items. I remember having to downgrade my BEEP set when fighting ninja previously, but I think the ninja might have been a lower level than my characters.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Time to kick some Ninja Pig Butt!!!!!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@killerkea
    A side note: if you plan to use my combo and the enemy has iron clad, make sure Matilda has Nightmare set equipped to give ~1200 extra damage after you used Egg Surprise with Blue Trio and stunned iron clad.

burbman
    @burbman

Another LC headgear, but I prefer to use Chuck’s Thunderbird when battling ninja. set the rage of thunder up, and watch the poor ninja knock themselves out of the battle. Also, weapons that do chain damage, or multi-attack birds are very useful, as ninja do not dodge unless they are the primary target of the attack.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@burbman
    Here’s a catch: the master ninja can use dispel to remove your shield.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

The only thing about this event is the Shogun. One knight + some ninjas = Trouble!! Its critical buff is always what makes me avoid Hard difficulty. The crit buff has too high of a success rate, with too high benefits for the enemies. Oh wait, it was nerved? That’s great, but I still have to deal with the heavy damage. I would probably think that Cannoneer would be a good class to use, being that it is a triple attack, thus being below the Dodge threshold and the debuff that saves you some healing. Chuck proves to be useful in eliminating Ninja groups. Priestess doesn’t seem to be the best for this event, but if you are careful, you can get a lot of healing.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Ninjas are really special among the enemies. I’m really surprised that Shogun can be in wave 4 of Trick or Treat Castle. Now I’m wondering an event called “The Gathering Party”,
    that have levels with a mixture of ninjas, snow pigs, forest pigs, and royal guards….

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Why bother? There is going to be a Cheater to ruin the event; same as last time.

-Sorry . I’m still bitter; especially about Rovio’s blanket “We’re aware of the issue and…” in response to my prior e-mail.

Thanks for the tips; it’ll help immensely in one of my leasd favorite events.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@strategia55 Rovio’s devious plot to get people to buy more LC. Arena’s coin toss? Rig it to make you lose it more than win it so that people buy more LC to buy more arena matches. GG Rovio turned into a Korean MMORPG company with their Freemium games.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Although this comes with a silver lining. During my trip to Vegas in July, I’ll know the obvious signs of crooked Slot Machines.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum "Under the Cloud of Night" Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 312 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.