Under Looked Classes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under Looked Classes

• I’m curious what classes for each character may be overlooked in favor of the flashier classes you acquire later. For example, I’m recently finding that the Trickster class for the Blues coming in useful. What initial classes have you found to remain effective as the game progresses?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • Coach MP
    @coachmp

I’m a level 70 player. mastery of birds upper 40s a few 50. My starting line up is Red Guardian, chuck rain bird and blues rogue.

Hands down my favorite bird class is Chuck’s Rain bird. with it i can deal a solid amount of damage to all birds, which most often continues to knock their health down for the next few turns as well. He heals all birds and can instantly revive a knocked out bird or cleanse a bird. No one else can get all of that done, with one bird class.

I also, do like trickster’s ability to remove helpful enemy effects and buff all birds strength and cleanse. I don’t have trickster’s elite, or else he may have bumped rogue out.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Tricksters is one of my most used classes along with Rogues. It was my first class to Mastery 70 :) Rogues was my first favorite followed by Tricksters. I’m leveling up Treasure Hunters and waiting on Spies to get Elite. Elite Treasure Hunters is fantastic.

Matilda’s Druid is also great as is Cleric which I’m rediscovering lately (both mine are Elite). I have 3 Matilda classes at M70 (Druid, Bard and Witch). Witch is often overlooked but is the best Matilda class for the Arena because of it’s incredible healing for the banner and attack punch.

My favorite Chuck class is Wizard but since it’s not Elite yet I mostly use Mage or Thunderbird. Personally I find Rain Bird mostly useless as it doesn’t have the attack punch of most of the others and its healing is not strong enough.

Red’s Stone Guard is awesome as is Bomb’s Canonner. I’ve used Paladin most in the past but I’m leveling up Elite Samurai now. I love the classes with multiple hits like Samurai (3x), Stone Guard (2x), Canonneer (3x). But they also have the power. Priestess and Marksmen have double hits but are weaker and do not have good enough secondary abilities. If I bring Matilda in a battle, I need a good healer and Priestess is not. Most other Blues classes are more compelling than Marksmen. So I never use it.

burbman
    @burbman

On the other hand… I have yet to find a good lineup to use with Princess.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Yeah, Princess is another I never use either unless I have an objective. But it’s less useless than Priestess ;)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman for the Arena Mage, Princess, Rogues especially good if you have Thorn Wall. It’s not my grinding team of choice because Mana spoils it. It also works with Stone Guard instead of Mage.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@bubbley Why Princess in the Arena? Druid and especially Witch are way more effective there IMO. If I need negative effects removal I bring Tricksters along or Chuck with Mana to prevent some negative effects. At least Trickers has some serious attack power and also removes helpful effects on enemy targets.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

I ALWAYS use the samurai class for red. He can deal with ninjas while still disshing out lots of damage and provide shelter from attacks that do lots of damage.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pixelyzed I never choose her but @burbman was interested in a way to use her. This is an effective way and some objectives require her.

Yes there are much better ways to combat negative effects.

She remains my second least favourite class priestess being the first. Apart from Witch I really never play with Matilda especially since Rovio made ninjas easier to defeat.

Ckd
    @ckd1

Lightning Bird……………this is a no brainer to me, I use palladin with seadog attached, then use lightning birds power on red, my sea dog has finisher set so between palladin and seadog my lightning bird will often do a range between 8,000-15,000 in damage. Yet I don’t see to many using this set up. I also use dragon set on red. I use last will on lightning bird so if he gets knocked out red and bomb each attack a random target, another 8-15 thousand damage. I have been going back and forth between mythic thorn wall and mythic Resurrection, interesting thing if lightning bird is equipped with last will and gets knocked out and resurrected I still get a random attack by red and bomb……….oh and my banner is the justice set. To be honest I havn’t come across a team with in 1000 points (power) that can beat me unless they have the exact same set up

Pointless
    @pointless

Princess does certainly have a niche use, very narrow, granted, but effective for certain Arena Objectives…

I am still shaking my head about the suggestion of Rain Bird, however…

@pixelyzed
    I’m somewhat surprised at your aversion to Marksmen, given your love towards Stone Guard and Cannoneer?

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless Not aversion per say, just less compelling to me than other Blues classes. My goto Blues classes are Rogues, Tricksters and Treasure Hunters (all Elite). I don’t use Spies much only because it’s not Elite yet but I would.

Bu it’s also one of the last classes to level up for me because I use it so little so it always becomes a prime target in the arena if I use it, so I go with stronger classes.

Pointless
    @pointless

@pixelyzed I would question that lineup in Arena, no doubt, but given the added damage from all attacks with Stone Guard/Samurai and Cannoneer, I would think Marksmen would be an ideal compliment in any PvE setting.
    Are you using these Blues and Cannoneer in Arena?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pixelyzed @burbman Princess works well with Marksmen and Seadog outside the Arena. Not against immune enemies obviously. Also with Paladin and Seadog but the first scenario is more fun. Of course Marksmen and Cannoneer is a classic combination good with Princess and also Rainbird if fighting Ninja.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

is there any reason to use avenger over any other class? his skillset seems so useless, just meh

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless I’m leveling up Canoneer so I don’t use it much yet in the Arena other than when I have a multiple classes usage objective. I mostly use Pirate as it’s my only M70 Bomb class so far. With Finisher it can deadly and also very effective with Gladiator if my other birds are strong on attack. If I bring Blues it’s often Tricksters as it’s also M70 and more and more often Rogues who’s now M68 and can be very effective with its venomous attacks, even if it goes down, the banner keeps getting damage. I rarely use Treasure Hunters in the Arena although I use it often outside of it. It has more raw attack power than Pirate but almost 2K less health points.

The thing is, if I have Red and Bomb in the Arena, my third bird will not be the Blues but Matilda and it’s usually Witch. I need Witch’s healing with the enemies I’m facing. I often face teams with 5500K power and above (nearing 5900K at times). Even with a fully enchanted Valliant set and Mything Resurrection emblem, if I loose a coin toss or I face a team with a Reset equipped Chuck, I rarely fight with 3 birds standing so I need to make each intervention count. And Blues is often the enemy’s first target as it will have lower health than Matilda, Bomb or Red. So if I loose the coin toss, it’s almost certain my first attack will be without my Blues as it will be down regardless of its class.

I spend less and less time in the Arena grinding and I’ve always had more of a brute force style so my choices reflect that. Often times it’s not only the class properties that will drive a choice (other than my few prefered ones) but pure strenght and health weight in a lot for me.

I made it to Platinum this week but I’m with a lot of grinders now and I do not have the will to grind. Might not make Dimaond again this season. My work and other activities take up too much time now ;) So I go with what I know while all my classes level up.

Chulimanga
    @chulimanga

Princess is really great in chronicle caves in combination with Paladin and Pigiana Jones.
    1. attack with princess, all enemies will focus on one bird, usually Paladin
    2. use Pigiana’s Counter on Paladin
    3. use Paladins Devotion on the enemy target, usually himself
    This is great especially against large group of smaller enemies. Everyone will attack Paladin and he will attack back healing himself.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

“I am still shaking my head about the suggestion of Rain Bird, however…”

Interesting, take on it. He suited me VERY well in the ninja campaign we just finished. I use him on most of the dungeons.

I may be biased as his set item is enchanted the most and his mastery is the highest of all my birds. And so it goes…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@coachmp I also like Rainbird. Pair Rainbird with Matilda with the Sweet set, and Chuck’s healing is like a lower rank fruit cake. Plus the DOT effect keeps working. My guess is as more and more of the mythic thorn wall emblems are put in use, Rainbird will be seen as more useful. Hitting the banner for 15,000 damage with Bomb/finisher might be a bad idea at the end of a battle when your own banner health is below 10,000. But the reflected damage from Rainbird is negligible. And for the ninja pig events, Rainbird is one of the better classes to use.

Pointless
    @pointless

@coachmp we are comparing all Classes for each given Bird, are we not? While ALL Classes have some use, many are better than others in almost every situation. Aside from the absolutely craptacular Illusionist, Rainbird remains one of Chuck’s worst choices. Damage is simply not enough and healing is simply not enough. If we are basing the decision upon external benefits, such as Sweet, then we are really admitting that the Class needs the help, are we not?
    I used to use Rainbird versus Ninjas, but have for a long time moved on to ThunderBird. Try it and see how much better he works in this situation. Volcano Island is much easier with ThunderBird than Rainbird, I don’t think I’ll get much disagreement there.
    Caveat is, of course, comparing Classes at the same Mastery Level. I would certainly use Rainbird if he was that much more advanced than other Classes.

Ckd
    @ckd1

@jamairoqui I must admit that is an interesting point you brought up regarding the finisher set. I faced a situation a couple of weeks ago and I can’t remember all the details but basically I knocked the opponents banner first and then some negative residual effect knocked out mine. I would assume both teams took a loss, I certainly did.

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

Not to brag, but I cleared all the dungeons and at least three Chronicle Caves using only Samurai, Rainbird, and a pig helper. But that’s just me.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless I don’t see how Thunderbird’s increase in damage helps against ninjas that have a damage threshold. And, I view the birds as teams not individuals, and clearly the game designers expect and designed the game with that concept in mind. It’s why you have Marksman, and then each bird *except* Chuck has class that can make use of Marksman’s passive ability (or combine Thunderbird, Skulkers, and Seadog/finisher). Or how you can combine Princess, Rogues, and Mage (I think) and force your opponents to attack the bird that will do a lot of passive damage. So beating on Rainbird because Matilda with the sweet set makes him more effective misses the whole point of having multiple birds. In my opinion anyway. Sometimes I sit and wonder what combinations I’m missing because I’m not clever enough to figure out how the abilities of each class can be exploited by other classes.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui Thunderbird will increase damage dealt by every Bird, so this threshold is met with most attacks (especially Samurai), so the benefits of the Class are evident. Add to this the shield causing many ninja self-KOs, plus the usefulness in dealing with the Shogun Pig make the Class the way to go IMO.
    Now if we address the complimentary issues, bringing Rainbird along with a Sweet Matilda Class presents a healing redundancy. Yes, Venomous was a tour de force previously, but I don’t think many think it viable outside Arena, and even then still rarely seen. Same issue with your Force lineup. Bringing Princess along with Rogues is redundant, as Cupcake will do what Princess does.
    The real crux of my argument lies with the undeniable fact that Chuck has two of the best Classes in the game in Wizard and Thunderbird, so to ignore these and opt for Rainbird, a true Jack of All Trades, master of none, is indeed head shaking to me.

Ckd
    @ckd1

I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the banter

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under Looked Classes

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.