Unable to connect to AB friends

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Unable to connect to AB friends

• Hi since I’ve updated AB TO V1.5.0 I’ve been unable to connect to the tournament? I can enter practise mode but that’s it. I’m using iphone 5, I have an old iphone 4 with I haven’t updated AB and that seems to work. I’ve deleted and reinstalled but still no good

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Have you checked iOS Settings > Facebook > Allow… > AB friends?

JD
    @danielsjack

Yes that’s ok everything was working till I updated to V1.5.0. I haven’t changed any of my iphone or app settings. It allows me to play practice but just won’t connect to tournament

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@danielsjack and @amslimfordy

I had a similar problem after ABF 1.5 update a couple of days ago. I posted somewhere on the Nest, but heck if I know where it went :) Probably in one of the AB Friends topics.

In a nutshell, this might work for you as it did for me….

If you have the Facebook app installed on your mobile iOS (Apple) device, launch it. Click the icon in the upper left of the blue bar, then scroll all the way down on the left to LOG OFF. Go ahead and log off. Follow instructions to log back in using the FB account of your choice, that is, the email/password combination of the FB account you want.

Once the FB app is up and running again under the account you want for ABF, quit the FB app and launch your ABF app on the same iOS mobile device. You may be asked to re-enter your FB email/password combination. Go ahead. That should do it after a minute or less. If not, then….

Shut down (turn off) your iOS device completely. Wait a minute or two. Then, press the power on/off and home buttons simultaneously and hold (don’t let go). Wait for the Apple icon to appear, then disappear. When the Apple icon reappears for the second time, let go of the buttons. This is a “soft reset.”

Then, try the steps previous steps described above, that is, FB app log off and re-log in, then ABF app log in.

If that doesn’t work, there is still another way under iOS Settings/Facebook/Change User. Send me a message if you’re unsuccessful. Took me two hours and lots of frustration to figure out the new ABF update on iOS :)

–MB :)

JD
    @danielsjack

Thx tryed it all and different ways and combination I deleted app again, log in and out of FB reinstalled app went through setting in iPhone and FB done soft reset on iPhone still no joy. Still have to update my iphone to 7.1.2 maybe that might work. Just keep getting same message ” an unexpected error occurred please try again” looks like another week lost and no 200 coins lol

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@danielsjack I had similar problems despite many attempts and emails to Rovio to correct. But today I had success! Yay! In my case, at Rovio’s suggestion, I had way too many pictures, music (mp3s), and other apps and stuff that overwhelmed the memory of my small iPad Mini. The solution was to synch with my MacBook, upload all stuff off of my iPad or iPhone, delete the same stuff from my iPad or iPhone. Then delete any unwanted games or apps that take up memory on iPad or iPhone. I hadn’t done this since last Christmas! Everything works just fine now. Let me know of you have similar success, or not. –MB :)

JD
    @danielsjack

Thxs tryed that aswell, no luck I’m afraid, it’s a 32gb iPhone 5 and I still have 6.5 gb of free space after deleting unwanted app etc,in also went in and turned of loads of location and refreshing stuff, still get error message think I might just give up at this stage and ask rovio for refund my coins. PS When error message comes up in the bottom left hand corner there’s always the same code FIIY or GGxx

myhthk
    @myhthk

I need some help here. I tried the above ways but still could not get back in ABF.

I am using iPhone4S with very old iOS (5.1). Once i upgraded ABF, it did not work.

I deleted ABF and re installed it and also logged out FB etc.

Is there any other way I can get ABF back alive?? Thank you.

Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

From a desperate AB fan in Hong Kong

myhthk
    @myhthk

after a few tries, i finally made it or should i say fix it with some luck. what i did was to delete and re install ABF and logged out and logged back in FB a few times after I soft reset the iphone. basically it was what was suggested by others above.

anyway i m back and thank for the advice. happy birding.

JD
    @danielsjack

When ye say log in and out of FB are ye doing in ABF or FB app I’m trying both but I’m still getting unexpected error and (FIIY) in the bottom left hand corner . I’m giving up soon it’s melting my head lol

myhthk
    @myhthk

JD, this has been driving me crazy too …. i could make it yesterday afternoon, local time, but stuck again at night time later on ….. now can’t play again …. don’t know why …. very frustrated …..

I tried all different ways – did both ways – ABF and FB log out, deleted ABF, soft reset iphone 4s etc …..

ANYONE HERE CAN HELP OR ADVISE PLEASE?

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@myhthk and @danielsjack If you’re on iOS (iPhone or iPad or similar Apple mobile device), try this…

Go to Settings/Facebook. You may need to scroll down quite a bit. Click on Facebook. You’ll see an email/password combination. Change it to the Facebook account that you want. It will ask you to delete previous information. Go ahead and delete. Then it will ask you to merge information. Go ahead and merge information. Then it will give you the option of entering a different (or same) email/password combination. Enter that info and make sure all other options for Facebook are turned on.

Next, launch your Facebook app as described above. Log off, then log back in on the Facebook account you want. Finally, relaunch the ABF app. On the main ABF page that says PLAY TOURNAMENT, look for the little icon that looks like a gear, probably in the lower left corner. It will give you an option to log off the current user. Go ahead and log off. It should give you a confirmation message of a successful log off. Now, click or tap the PLAY TOURNAMENT button. Follow the screen prompts to connect to Facebook and merge or transfer data. It may ask you to ALLOW Facebook. Click or tap OK. That should do it!

If you’re still having problems, I’m stuck and am of no further help. Contact Rovio directly with the problem(s). Always make sure your iOS devices are backed up via iCloud wireless or hard-wired, “tethered” to your desktop PC or Mac before making major changes or resets. Always make sure you have uploaded the latest version of iOS or Apple OSx all on mobile or Mac desktops or laptops. And, always make sure you have downloaded the most current versions of Facebook and ABF apps, too, on your mobile device(s). Hope this info helps! Let me know. –MB :)

@admins

myhthk
    @myhthk

guess what guys? the problem mentioned is still there and i could not fix it yet. Now can only play ABF on my iPad mini, still occassionally got problem getting in even with iPad …. so so so frustrated.

myhthk
    @myhthk

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Referring to the above, this is making me frustrated again …. the ABF is NOT working even on my new iPhone6 (all other episodes are there and normal after restoring etc).

Can anyone try to advise how to fix it? I deleted it and re-installed it again but still did not work. Anyone here also experienced the same thing?

Thanks.

Mighty Flammie
    @shereebrown

i has problem with facebook share had error with game,why happen?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Unable to connect to AB friends

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.