Treasure Hunter preview

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Treasure Hunter preview

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Replies
  • WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Attack is useless in Arena and Undead battles since you cannot attack KO’d foes.
    Support is somewhat useless in Arena because AI will either target Chuck or Blues, and they will KO to residual damage anyways, especially if Rainbird Chuck has Twin Lightning.

Overall, I am not impressed with Treasure Hunters. This class seems worse than Frost Savage.

The same rule applies to any RPG game: The best debuff is Death. A dead foe cannot attack, defend, or act at all, and causes other foes to attack with less efficiency or focus on reviving the dead foe. For this reason, I’ll stick with Spies or Skulkers.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

@whiteasice

The Treasure Hunter is a very meta dependent class in the arena, but bizarrely enough its also a class geared towards the PvE. The chance reset the charge counter for a particular boss/dungeon might come in handy someday considering how unique it is.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m on iOS and have been at max level for a very long time. I got both offers right after I downloaded the last update and the game proceeded to download a little over 90 megs of additional updates after I opened the app.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’m with @whiteasice on this – just kill things dead (Power Team + Valiant + Time Jump) – that solves basically everything.

Pointless
    @pointless

As stated, just kill. I have yet to see many situations where pure power isn’t the easiest/best way to overcome any opposition in PvE and PvP…Treasure Hunter seems to be a class that helps in very few cases, unless Rovio has some imminent surprises for us????

Please!!!!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Treasure Hunter is good against lone Bosses that power up for 3 turns before the attack. You can take a LOT of shots at resetting them supported by Lightning Bird / Illusionist using Chronos.

Useless for multi-target / non-charging PvE, and worse than useless for PvP Arena.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well that was kind of fun using Treasure Hunter in Bottomless Cave…obviously about a perfect scenario for that class, but even only at M2 and playing Elite, he handled himself well, and knocking back all those Brute’s charge counters (although certainly did not seem to proc at a 65% rate, but a very small sample size) and reflecting their negatives back (using Paladin to ensure Red was hit, and buffed with Untouchable) added a different element. Really too bad this class wasn’t introduced way earlier when most of us could have made some use out of it.

Jim151
    @jim151

So, to spend or not to spend? I have over 300 stamina drinks. I’m currently in 7th place. All my birds, except for the as yet newly minted Treasure Hunter are mastery 12. So my only reward is snoutlings. I have never finished out of the top 3, but it will take over 100 stamina drinks to get there, for little reward, other than cash which I have plenty of. On the other hand, what am I saving them for?

Pointless
    @pointless

@jim151 you have way more than snouts to play for. As soon as you get Treasure Hunter, the wheel changes (as you now have a class not maxed) to have Mastery rewards. A spin of 6K All & 6K Blues is possible, which obviously means 12K total for TH. Not too shabby, especially considering the “broken” Dojo.

Jim151
    @jim151

But is it worth 100+ stamina drinks? And what do you mean by broken?

Jim151
    @jim151

As soon as you get Treasure Hunter, the wheel changes

6000 mastery at the dojo costs 420 snouts. I’m better off with the 500 snouts at the wheel.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@jim151 at the dojo, 70 snouts for 500 mastery. 6000 mastery costs 840 snouts.

Pointless
    @pointless

6K All AND 6K Blues = 12K total for TH (assuming you are very lucky in your spin or have FE to burn on rerolls)
    And Dojo the currently “broken” Dojo has been extensively talked about here. No snout offers for TH. Only the 15LC 500M for All Blues or the 75LC 1000M for All is currently showing (at least for me and many others). A bug or by design, we don’t yet know…

Jim151
    @jim151

6K All AND 6K Blues = 12K total for TH (assuming you are very lucky in your spin or have FE to burn on rerolls)

Each of which takes up a 500 snout spot. 12,000 mastery costs 840 snouts at the dojo.

Pointless
    @pointless

If you could spend snouts at the Dojo…

Jim151
    @jim151

If you could spend snouts at the Dojo…

Why couldn’t you?

Pointless
    @pointless

@jim151 are you able to use snouts to purchase Mastery at the Dojo? Many of us are not now, as only LC purchases seem to currently be available.

And 12K Mastery would be 1680 snouts (24 purchases of 500 at the currently maxed discounted rate of 70 snouts per)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@jim151 – Save the stamina drinks for when you need them. Who knows if there will be a “hard” event, or you need to get over the top to get LCs in a castle…

I also have TH. Not sure whether I’ll be able to buy mastery for him at the Dojo – assume not.
    ____

Yeah, apparently not an option (yet).

Jim151
    @jim151

@jim151 are you able to use snouts to purchase Mastery at the Dojo?

All my birds are maxed out, except for TH. Have been for a couple of weeks. I had no idea that the Dojo had changed.

Pointless
    @pointless

I do have to believe that the dojo is broken rather than nerfed so we should expect TH snout upgrades to appear when Rovio fixes the bug.

All this being said @jim151 I would also suggest saving your stamina if you can stay top 7 and get at least two reward slots. Hopefully you will still get a lucky spin of either 6K reward for TH.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jim151 — I didn’t see how you calculated that you need more than 100 stamina drinks to get in the top 3. Are you playing only the 3-stamina battles and re-rolling to get one of the higher rewards? That is the best way to increase battle medals if you have already gotten to the Golden Pig Castle.
    BTW, my TH is now rank 3. I’ve been using them in the event and in dungeons, and enjoying it. So far have only gotten 3* when I use TH.

Jim151
    @jim151

didn’t see how you calculated that you need more than 100 stamina drinks to get in the top 3. Are you playing only the 3-stamina battles and re-rolling to get one of the higher rewards? That is the best way to increase battle medals if you have already gotten to the Golden Pig Castle.

It was just a wag. I’m 7,500 out of 3rd place. So at an average of say 300 per battle, that’s 25 battles, 75 drinks, not counting what it would take to stay there once the 3rd place guy sees he has some competition.

I’ve never re-rolled before. Just did, and it cost me 11 FE to get the 450. I have only 53, so I can’t do that for much longer, and again, it’s only in game money. Money I can get. FE and stamina drinks are something else.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jim151 — You must be in a pretty competitive leaderboard. How many points do you have now?

Jim151
    @jim151

40,475. 3rd is 47,550. 1st is 50,825. I’m in 8th, last 2 star place, but 11,000 ahead of 9th, so OK there. Not gonna spend any drinks or more FE.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jim151 isn’t seventh the last two-star placing? Fight for that at least…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Treasure Hunter preview

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.