Tower of Fortune odds

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune odds

Viewing 16 replies - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Three days in a row a pig on the second floor. Right now the Tower only serves as the last step to finish the daily rewards.

There could be a lot better System for the Tower and Rovio should seriously consider that.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@jo-ha Me too for the last few days since update. If I miss the pig on 2nd floor I will see it before 5th. As soon as that happens, give up and exit. Given what “we lost” since the update, I am in no mood to pay gems this early.

I think the next time Tower is open I will try to be illogical and not pick the one I want to pick.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Me too…every day pig on second floor

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wow, fourth day in a row now…
    Rovio, if your algorithm is really able to learn about my behaviour. What is the Goal? Not to win anything or to pay gems? If you want to prevent me from winning anything, I’d say your algorithm is doing a terrific job, otherwise it might need some work…

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

I don’t know that the algorithm is so refined. Most people, I imagine, are going to be less willing to spend gems on early levels than after they’ve banked a good amount of loot.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Someone in this forum posted something about a learning algorithm. There’s no proof for that, of course, but not completely unreasonable.
    And if there isn’t some learning instance behind, maybe there should be. Sometimes I spent several hundred gems in the Tower… now I spend 70 gems max, if I at least reach Level 5 without a pig, otherwise I quit.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@jo-ha I posted that suggestion. It’s one of the only ways to explain why the game seems to keep doing such sh!tty things AND it’s what many app/game developers are currently doing (including development where I work).

This game is 2 yrs old. Rovio keeps changing the rules to give you less and give them more with every update. I get it that refining and developing apps to improve/make them better is part of the process (look at Windows, for example), but as time goes on Rovio keeps looking on its ROI and looks for ways to maintain/increase $$$ to support its industry and pay its staff (and accumulate revenue). They don’t have to care if you even like playing their game, that’s your choice to play it- they are looking to keep their business alive. And if that means taking your last dime to fund their profits, it is their priority.

It’s easy to stuff a pile of binary values into a massive farm of dBs that track what you do when in-game, heck- Web Browsers have been doing it for years! And so why not use it to their advantage? Why not look at your game habits mathematically and use that to increase their possibility of generating revenue by creating an AI that predicts what you will do in hopes that it can corner you into spending money to bring in revenue?

The days of “lets create Pacman games that are really fun” are long gone. This is the new age of marketing/ money-making. You don’t like Rovio’s rules, then choose to play what you want. It’s their game- but your choice as to decide how much of it you want to participate in.

And based on the Arena participation, it looks like people have had enough and are moving on. Myself, I only play it here and there, I can’t even be bothered to play it every day anymore. Maybe I play the DC /KPP and sometimes I play the arena. But that’s all I care to play of it anymore. Its spirit of fun has long died and I no longer care to spend 1.5 hrs per day on such a patronizing activity.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Today I somehow got to stage 30 without hitting a pig.
    Guess I’m lucky enough for all of us. :D

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

That’s seriously awesome. I hope for that kind of luck someday.

Jeffrey Parker
    @jeffrey-parker

Yes is pig on floor2. I can get to level 9 before hitting a pig. So if i have found at least 20 gems which is very achievable I’ll spend 20 to carry on but quit when in profit. Have got to level 15 before catching 2nd pig and sometimes can spend another 50 and still be in profit. Trick is to quit whilst ahead and not be tempted to turn another card. My system is choose the card where the pig was 2 moves ago.
    I don’t think it is a rigged system as have got to level 24 after spending 70 gems and made 40+ profit.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Got pig in floor #1 today, spent 20 gems and next pig was in – believe or not – floor #49! So i spent 50 gems and moved to the #50. Got over 1000 gems and over 9000 feathers and as little bonus 7 eagles.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I think I have not made it past the 3rd floor without a pig These days and I refuse to pay gems before level 5.
    My tower has been really disappointing…

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Me too…pig on level 2 every single day

desperados
    @desperados

oh congrats Beaver,still 9000 feathers is like opening a legendary chest and getting 7500 feathers…3200 gems to continue playing is ridiculous if the max gem that’s required to continue was 500 or 1000 it could hit sweat spot for all players.

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

Most of the time I get pigs on the second floor, but a few weeks ago I got unusually lucky:

6660 Blues feathers
    3539 gems

Spent around 1500 gems to get to level 56. The feathers were enough to get Blues from card level 9 to 12. Not sure if I got any eagles though, I currently have a grand total of 5.

@sambeaver
    Do you remember which bird the feathers were for?

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

@sonicwave They were Matilda’s feathers.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune odds

Viewing 16 replies - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.