Tower of Fortune odds

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune odds

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • cognitive
    @cognitive

That’s the thing – the ToF is nothing but an ill-disguised way of getting people to consume massive amounts of gems. For what, is unclear, because the moment you get the latest sling you’re bumped to a new level with people with the same sling, and no advantage.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

True for the most part, Cognitive. The ability to reset and do it again allows me to make a run for the top each day. It eats up all my gems and I don’t always make it, and when I do, “You already own this hat.” I can’t complete a set. Even if I do, it gives me no advantage. It is just the fun of having stuff. After I reset it I usually only hit the first card, take what I get, collect the gems for playing and leave the rest behind.

But every so often it does give rewards if you know when to quit. Two weeks ago I gained about 2,000 gems and some pearls. Today I got to level 45 and had a net gain of about 200 gems and 150 pearls. I so badly wanted to hit the next card, maybe get a few more gems before I quit, but if I hit another pig I wouldn’t get ahead again. Now I will never know what that next card would have been. That is the problem with gambling. Thankfully, for me, this doesn’t involve real money and I can always reset the bank back to where it was.

Putte
    @puttekula

For the third latest run to 90, the same freaking hat again… For me it isnt the gems. Its getting to damn boring doing this silly run to the top. And the latest one was damn expensive. The green one popped up very often the last half of the run.
    I think Im out of this silly tower now….. There cant be anyone paying real money to go thru this silly tower…. or…?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well, Putte, I bet there are people paying real money for it. That is why I got angry enough to make a new thread about the exploit I know.

I no longer care about getting hats from the tower. I am approaching 20,000 pearls from the DC, KPC and some easy tournament wins the past three weeks. And the very rare bits from the tower, like today. If Rovio doesn’t stop this exploit, I will have enough to get all the hats in a few more weeks. Who knows what Rovio will introduce by that time?

cognitive
    @cognitive

6000 pearls a week? I must be missing something ?

FlingerPro
    @ericli

6000!? Clearly I haven’t snooped around the game and its exploits much:).

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

You can uninstall the app thus resetting the daily challenge. There was one day, where both the DC and the KPP were extremely easy, I re-installed my app like 6-7 times, every time making 130 Pearls without spending one gem. Took some time, but I had plenty of time on a free Weekend.
    Without the exploits it doesn’t seem likely, but with exploits it seems very reasonable.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m seeing a new phenomenon… No pigs in first few rooms, few gems, a useless hat at room 5, then three pigs back to back between 6 and 9.

Anyone else noticed? I wonder if Rovio figured there’s few takers for very early pigs.

Ave
    @elliecakes

I have been getting my 3 pigs between 6 and 20. Occasionally I have gotten higher but it has always seemed to me that it does pick up on my selection pattern. I always mix up my routine and pick a card other than the one I want to choose and that has worked much better for me.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Yesterday I had only two pigs until Level 25 – I was very pleased… but then… Level 26, 27, 28 and even in 29 pigs… wow, I was pissed!

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That tower seems to be manipulated!!

Who can guarantee that we don’t get the pig, no matter which card we choose?
    Think about it, chances to get a pig are 1 to 4, why do we get that bastard so often!
    Yesterday I got some items without losing much gems, today round 2: pig! Round 3: pig! HEHEHEE
    I gave up after the second one, that can’t be coincindence.

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

When I started playing the Tower, I could usually get to floor 10 finding only one pig.

One day, I made it to floor 30 finding only 3 pigs (and getting a lot t if gems along the way). Since then, I hit a pig on floor 2 50% of the time, and a pig before 5 85% of the time.

It could be a genuine coincidence, though. It’s not out of the realm of probability by any means.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Once or twice is a coincidence but I’m seeing a lot more of a pattern. Gems are harder to come by than 25% esp early on, and pigs are plentiful.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I spend 70 gems per day (even if i have more gems) and max height i reached is 43th floor. Average is 11th-13th floor. And of course i’ve been devastated in floor 3 too. So i think everything is ok with probability.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Has anyone got to floor 30 yet? If you have, please post a video or picture of it!

On rounds 2,3,4, 6,7,8,9, 11,12,13,14, etc. Choose the card that was the pig last time. It’s a guaranteed 99% chance it will work!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Yes there is a garantueed chance you will hit a pig…

What’s your point?

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

I tried that tactic for a time, it doesn’t work any better than randomness. The card face seems to be decided at the point you tap the card, not when they’re displayed.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Exactly what I think – That tower stinks!
    I tried it with choosing the the card of feathers or that with the pig.
    There is no tactic that works, they want you to get the pigs and pay more gems than you won before. Sometimes they let you win some items so that you still are motivated to play that.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@jo-ha 99% chance to get a prize, not 99% chance to get a pig…

Putte
    @puttekula

I can say one sure thing about the tower, well two thiings… It sucks money and at level 89 theres a pig nine times out of ten., whatever card you choose. Who wants to back out at that level…? :o)

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

You have reached Level 89 10 times? Wow… I reached it once. Yesterday I was about to reach it the second time, but guess what, got a pig at 88 (paid 5€ for 400 gems) and got another one at 89 – didn’t pay more. Thought screw you and reset my iPad and tried again ;-).

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

BINGO @puttekula.

Anyone who is still naive enough to believe that activity in the TowerOfFailure (or the rest of the game for that matter) is random… see my post in the “Update” thread on ‘machine learning’.

In summary:
    1. Rovio is in business for one reason only: MAKE MONEY
    2. AB2 is a vehicle for Rovio to MAKE MONEY
    3. AB2 is set up to maximize Rovio’s ability to MAKE MONEY by individually manipulating the player experience to coerce/ frustrate /patronize each into spending.
    4. ‘Machine Learning’ is a coding method where the game engine tallies what you do when certain things happen. Are you more likely to spend gems when you get { } this close to beating the KP? Are you a person who updates as soon as there’s a set of hats available? Do you buy spells when you get your azz kicked in the Arena? EVERY SINGLE TIME you react to something in this game, it is recorded in your player history and used against you… so Rovio can MAKE MONEY.

Once you repeat the same behaviour X times in similar situations, the code is set up as simple as this: if (numberoftimes) player.paystoContinueTOF > 10 then {percentageTogetPigs = 95%}, meaning you are more likely to uncover a pig card the closer to the big bonus floors because that’s when you’re more likely spend gems, and consequently end up buying them for $$$.

The business goal is to have this game run automatically so Rovio can fire all its staff and the app can rake in the income with minimal interaction by developers.

I know I sound cynical, yes- but this is the nature of electronic games and business corporation in general. Even the old arcade games were programmed with this theology… get the player to a certain level then stick it to them… then they dump quarters into the beast. Remember: MAKE MONEY FOR ROVIO. No other reason.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I got pass level 30 once, around 40 is when I gave up. That one time that I did not the 1st pig until the 20s. I bailed because I can no longer afford to pay if pig showed up again. Gain few thousands feather, 1000 gems, lots of black pearl, a pirate hat, etc.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

You want odds? Here’s your odds. The pigs *are* random — I’ve tracked it. One in four, +/- a standard deviation or two.

For those that haven’t played to the higher levels, know that the rewards get better per floor at about the 25th floor, and about the 45th floor. By then, the gems card is worth up to 610 gems, and the feathers card can be up to 2400 feathers. The gems never get high enough to make it worthwhile, but SOMETIMES you can find yourself “on the plus side in gems” around the 20th floor…. having spent 170 gems on a lucky streak where you’ve hit only three pigs, and lots of gems.

The odds of reaching the 90th floor? You have to get past 18 groups of four (not counting the hats-only floors). Thus, if you expect to get to level 90, you should expect to hit 18 pigs on the way, plus or minus 2-3 pigs.

The progression of the cost of pigs stops at 3200 gems. All after that are 3200 gems as well. The running totals, then for subsequent pigs hit are:

1st – 20
    2nd – 70
    3rd – 170
    4th – 370
    5th – 770
    6th – 1570
    7th – 3170
    8th – 6370
    9th – 9570
    10th – 12770
    11th – 15970
    12th – 19170
    13th – 22370
    14th – 25570
    15th – 28770
    16th – 31970
    17th – 35170
    18th – 38370
    19th – 41570
    20th – 44770
    21st – 47970

Thus, to guarantee a 91% chance of reaching level 90, you need to be able to afford to hit 21 pigs. That would cost 47,970 gems. If you are at the other end of the bell curve, and make it hitting only 15 pigs, you can escape spending only 28,770 gems. Only one game in a hundred or so will cost less than that to reach the top, statistically speaking.

I can’t do it — I have an iOS 10.x device that is not jailbroken, so I can’t cheat, but if you Google for “unlimited gems AB2”, you’ll find that those that are on Android, or older (iOS 8) jailbroken Apple devices have exploits available that can give them literally 2 billion gems, and THOSE people can climb the tower to the top, every few hours.

The same hacks can be used to have the tower give a few hundred thousand feathers as a reward (leaving every bird maxed out the moment a new card is introduced), or oodles of spells. Said hacks don’t work with pearls, because unlike gems and feathers (which are stored locally on your device and can thus be hacked), your pearl count is stored on the Rovio servers.

Like I said, though, we iPhone users have to muddle through without access to such hacks. I’m grinding through 9,000 pearls now, and have only 26,000 gems saved up (mainly because I buy the “letter” every month, which are the cheapest gems there are, only $10 for 3000 gems if you come back every day).

So, there you go. That’s the odds, and they aren’t very good, nor cheap.

Jester

desperados
    @desperados

After you get all hats and max out the bird levels tower is only good for gems and stacking feathers.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune odds

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.