Tower of Fortune is just as rigged.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune is just as rigged.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Replies
  • angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

It’s always the same. You win when the app wants you to.

I quit without paying gems when I find the pig in the 2nd floor, and this happens always after I won some items.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Last week I made it to level 60 with maybe 5 pigs. 1 pig till level 30 which is pretty mingdboggling. I’ve only done this once before. Here are the Cliff’s Notes:

1. Follow Cognitive’s time honored method for avoiding pigs (not kidding, it seems to work). PM for details :)

2. It all boils down to how many rubies you can collect on the way up. I collected 2700 minus what I spent on pigs, probably 500 rubies, not bad.

3. The big issue is that rubies are trickling in in terms of amount rewarded until level 15 or so (10-80) then after that you get some serious rewards (you hit a few big ruby amounts of 500-800 or so and it helps) and you can go a bit longer. Obviously you will not not survive a pig flood with your earnings. But the bottom line is you won’t be seeing these rewards till well after level 30.

4. Non-ruby rewards not great. I would think a freezer’s worth of Frosty’s but only a handful at a time. Feathers were better but who cares, really.

5. If you’re hoping to amass pearls from the 5, 10, 15, etc floors, good luck with that. I kept getting level 1 hats for ever, figure total of 12 levels, at most 200-250 pearls. Most of the first 7 or 8 levels were 10 pearl hats. Whoops.

Leobadwolf
    @leobadwolf

Since halloween update I hardly can pass the floor 5 without getting a pig, most of the times I get it in the floor 3, besides the new rewards of one and four feathers are usless compared with the 15000 that I need for the next level.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Last 2 days I’ve hit a pig on the 2nd floor and quit. Just the way it goes sometimes, but I’m learning to quit while I’m ahead rather than be enticed to carry on if i get to, say level 10 and have a handful of gems and spells. That’s enough for me.

I will be sending a PM to someone to be enlightened on pig-avoidance :-)

missy-little
    @missy-little

Angry birds 2 sucks deleted it after two days

cognitive
    @cognitive

In last eight days, five pigs in 2, two in 3, one in 4. Sounds very normal 🏆

cognitive
    @cognitive

Rovio must have heard my complaining. Made it to 61 with 3 pigs following my “system”. Not a single pig to 30.

Perhaps people would play the tower more if the rewards were better at lower levels, and the risks were not punitive at higher levels.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Two more data points for Tuesday and Wednesday… Both days pig on 2nd.

To summarize, that’s 10 day sample:

7 pigs in level 2

2 pigs in level 3

1 time went past 3

I’ll continue to post every 2-3 days to 20 or 25 samples. But this is a travesty of probability theory if it stays like this.

cognitive
    @cognitive

4 more points:

Thursday – 2

Friday – 3

Saturday – 4

Sunday – 2

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

But we have to acknowloedge that you win at least 10 feathers since the update – not one or three. I mean, come on, TEN feathers, if that’s not worth spending 20 gems for then what is?

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

10 feathers are ridiculous when you need 30000 for high leveled birds.

Well, does that special method still work?

I still think, that mean app learns strategies quickly. Sometimes I win some items when I change my game Plan with every move. Same card twice, card where the lowest price was, card where pig was, card where gems were.

I usually quit when I find pigs too early or when the next pig will be too expensive. The amount of gems is still too low compared with the prices for every further pig.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Monday – made it to 7 without pig – quit at 15 and one pig

Tuesday – 2

It’s almost as if it knows I did well the day before…

cognitive
    @cognitive

Wednesday – 6 (!!)

Thursday – 2

cognitive
    @cognitive

Friday – 2

Saturday – 3

Sunday – 6

Monday – 2

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@cognitive It seems like you alternate between lucky and unlucky.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I do, but it doesn’t change the fact that hitting a pig on 2 is running at 58% from 24 trials versus the expected 25%.

Meaning, in 24 trials I should have uncovered 6 pigs total at level 2. I uncovered 14.

I’ll continue to collect data and report, but Rovio must be thinking we’re totally clueless…

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@cognitive From my calculations, you got an average score of 4.83r. See if you can get to 5!

cognitive
    @cognitive

Today’s 2 makes 15 of 25 pigs at level 2. That’s 60%. Average wise, counting the huge outlier it’s a 4.0, but without counting it, which any statistician would do, it’s abysmal. Standard deviation is an absurd 5.7.

Bottom line: if anyone thinks the odds of the Tower are good, I have some beach front property in the Mojave desert for sale.

60% actual vs 25% expected is laughable, but Rovio’s conditioned us to think it’s normal.

Btw: just so that we are clear, I have two graduate science and engineering degrees, very statistics related, and I’m married to a legit degreed statistician. My only hope is that Rovio does this absurdity at the individual player level so it’s not widespread.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Today’s 2 makes 15 of 25 pigs at level 2. That’s 60%. Average wise, counting the huge outlier it’s a 4.0, but without counting it, which any statistician would do, it’s abysmal. Standard deviation is an absurd 5 or more.

Bottom line: if anyone thinks the odds of the Tower are good or fair, I have some beach front property in the Mojave desert for sale.

60% actual vs 25% expected is laughable, but Rovio’s conditioned us to think it’s normal.

Btw: just so that we are clear, I have two graduate science and engineering degrees, very statistics related, and I’m married to a legit degreed statistician. I know a thing or two about statistics. My only hope is that Rovio does this absurdity at the individual player level so it’s not widespread.

Sharovski
    @vlad-sharov

The game design of this game pisses me more and more off, the more I play it. I can only agree with you @cognitive about the rigged pig mechanics. Pig almost every single time on the 2nd draw, no matter which card I choose the day after day.

Especially when they create an entire mode for cheaters, like the Mighty Eagles training facility, it is clear to me that they are laughing all the way to the bank over regular users. I mean how the f*** can you only be Star Rank 26 and already have all the highest hats (25k black pearls each x7)?

What is up with this game? Screw this!

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Call me naïve, but I still don’t think the ToF is rigged.

Yes it sucks and it’s frustrating a lot of the time but even having experienced myself so many times getting pigs on the 2nd level regularly or spending gems unreasonably after hitting too many of the damned green thing… I don’t know, I just still believe I’m unlucky and the system isn’t trying to intentionally get me to spend gems.

Yes, call me naïve, call me ignorant, call me a fool… I could be all of these things but I’m guess I’m holding on to that hope that the thing isn’t engineered.

Rovio, o Rovio, please just say something about it.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Vogel, I’m afraid it is “engineered”. I have spent much time playing backgammon against apps and their antics make Rovio look good by comparison.

60% vs 25% is not bad luck.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@cognitive, I’ll track my progress too to provide another datapoint.  Will record number of cards before first appearance of a pig.  Have you adjusted your math to account for the fact that the first selection was s a freebie, i.e., there are no pigs in the first set of cards?  Will report my results back after 10 days.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Yes, this is reporting what level was pig found and 2 is minimum.

Today was strange. First pig at 11 – my strategy at work 😂 – then strategy worked till 20 again, then hit 4 pigs in 5 cards from there on. Wasted about 300 rubies after counting rubies earned.

Received quite a few spells but not anywhere as many rubies to keep playing.

I’m guessing I’ll be seeing pig at 2 for a week now.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That’s what I always said..

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Tower of Fortune is just as rigged.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.