Tired of being grouped with cheaters!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Tired of being grouped with cheaters!

• I was so excited when the leagues came out, to see how I fared against others. I quickly learned that if I wanted to place well I needed to use PU’s which I never did before. I made it to Gold last week and I guess I won’t be there long thanks to the people who can’t play fairly! If any of you cheaters are reading this, I have to know…..if you use a cheat to achieve total destruction without actually PLAYING the game, how fun is that for you? Seriously? Are you really proud of yourselves for winning by default? You’re like the guy who doesn’t get a single ball in the pocket during a game of pool but still “wins” because the other guy scratched. Congratulations!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Wow! You sound so hateful.

I am a very old old man when it comes to ABF. I have been playing it since the first day it came out. I used to play legit, I was very good at it, and I now consider myself retired, and I think I can play any way I feel like it. Furthermore, I am a member of a very competitive group of cheaters, which is a lot more active than any other ABF groups that I have ever seen. I know this is very difficult for you to understand, because you think total destruction is total destruction, but really it’s not. There is still an art to the way we play, and to achieving the highest scores possible. Like I say, I play with others who play like me, and I definitely do not win by default. I have to work extremely hard to win.

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again. It is not my intention to play against legit players who do not want to compete against cheaters like myself. That is Rovio’s arrangement. If I could, I’d have completely separate worlds where legit players and cheaters cannot cross paths, because I do think it’s unfair to you, and I still appreciate the legit style of play.

I’ve earned my dues, and really I am very tired of being attacked for cheating. I already no longer post my scores here, and I am doing everything I can to protect both legit players and cheaters. What more do you want from me?

burbman
    @burbman

In an ideal world, Rovio would allow players like @dollarbill2208 to opt out of the tournament system. He has been playing with his group of friends in a manner that they have all agreed upon for quite some time, and definitely prior to this new tournament setting.

I believe that this is indeed the proper method of playing the game, after all it is named Angry Birds FRIENDS, not Angry Birds – 40 random people.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

Doesn’t matter if you were once a legit Angry Bird Friends player. You add that you are a cheater which should call in to doubt any scores you posted before you crossed over. “Like I say, I play with others who play like me, and I definitely do not win by default. I have to work extremely hard to win…” You work extremely hard to cheat?

What do us legitimate players what from those who game the system? Quit cheating.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Dollar Bill…….why don’t you start Angrybirds Forum for cheaters and hackers.
    I guess you are not too old to know how to start and run a forum for our like-minded pals.

I don’t approve of you bragging about your cheating ways either – grow some….make your own forum and post your scores. Brag amongst your friends, discuss the latest cheats and hacks with like-minded people.

You sound very angry at something, perhaps you should take your grievances about Angrybirds out on the makers – Rovio.

stosh
    @stosh

It is obvious that Angry Birds Nest and Rovio both condone cheating to attain the highest possible scores. ABN can do nothing to remove cheaters from the ABF Tournament and have done nothing to remove self declared cheaters from ABN. @dollarbill2208 has become the Lance Armstrong of ABN and is part of the old boy network that fairly competed until cheating became justified. ABN had a policy of honesty that went out the window first with power-ups and then with the World Wide Tournament. ABN has not provided seperate leaderboards for non-paying (to Rovio), non-power-up users and will probably not provide seperate leaderboards for self declared cheaters. Cheat to compete has become the way to play in ABN, as long as you do not post your scores to a leaderboard. I no longer post my non-power-up scores to ABN leaderboards as it is a waste of time. Having never used or bought any power-ups, I have resigned myself to accept the fact that I will never get any higher than Silver league and my challenge is now to remain in that league. I believe Silver League is the highest league attainable by a non-power-up user. If Cheaters are removed, perhaps Gold League but not Diamond. Fling hard and often. Cheat to compete with your own kind but don’t whine if non-cheaters despise you for your choice. At one time I had alot of respect for @dollarbill2208, It’s ashame he decided that he no longer wanted to be worthy of my respect.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

……And mine!

I have stopped buying PU’s but still won’t cheat. I’m playing with gifts from friends only now. Rovio are not playing fair with those of us who paid their bills.

Ron14
    @ron14

@dixi-60 – as of this week leethax no longer works, so there is no other way to cheat that I know of.

I take that back. I see it was updated yesterday. Right after I had worked my way to 4th place. I’m sure I will drop like a rock now.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Oh dear!

The story of my life. Enjoy 4the while you can.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Sorry you guys feel that way. I guess from now on, I’ll just stick with posts of knowledge and wisdom when it comes to the game in general. I like to go beyond simply playing the game, and try to figure out what makes the game tick, and look for precise scoring mechanisms.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@hooksfan, not after I have provided videos here on ABN in the 3-star walkthroughs, and indeed still accessible for you to see the legitimacy of the scores. The scores I entered are undeniable. Besides, Tom and others have long since blown away those once high scores with the onset of Wingman, and stronger birds in general, and I have not entered scores since that happened.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@Dixi-60 been there, done that. I’ve tried to get Rovio to erase the old Green Day data, as it is no longer available. It is unfair to new players who never got a chance to play them, and they cannot compete with the players who have. You know what response I got back? Actually I got none. As far as the forums and groups go, like I said, already done it.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@stosh, the thing is, I never really cared. It’s not my decision for you to respect me, it’s yours. I am completely okay with it.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Tell me more about Green Day Data, what was it and when did Rovio have it.
    I think I started playing Angry Birds in 2010/11.

There is something unfair about the League on ABF’S. The same person wins in my Friends section every week. Short of un-friending them they are stuck on my Fruends list preventing anyone else getting to the top spot. I bet these are the early players with benefits.

My Diamond league score has fallen from 677 to 613. My cut off for continuing on ABF’S is Gold league. When I all to gold in a weeks time I’m off like a dirty shirt! As it is at he moment I am not buying PU’s but existing on gifts. Rovio don’t have long to choose to keep two paying customers to pay their salary and overheads.

I’m losing patience!

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@Dixi-60 sure, story levels are my favorite thing to talk about. Here’s how it goes.

The story level ranking system is based on priorities. They are as follows:

Priority 1: Number of stars. Who ever has the most stars will always be on top, regardless of feathers, and points per level. There are 205 story levels in the game, making for a possible total of 615 stars. If you have not 3-starred every level, this needs to be first on your to-do list.

Priority 2: Number of Mighty Eagle feathers earned. If 2 players on a friends list are both maxed out on total stars, or have the same number of stars, then the number of feathers earned will be the next factor in the ranking system. The players with the most eagles will be #1 on the list. There are 205 story levels, making for a possible total of 205 feathers. If you have not eagled every level, this needs to be the very next thing you do after 3-starring them all.

Priority 3: Point total for all levels. If several players have all stars and eagles, or they are tied with any number, then total score values will be the next factor in the ranking system. If you have completed the game with stars and eagles, and you are not #1, it is because another player has a higher average score per level than you do. This is where the actual competition for story level ranking can begin. Stars and eagles are merely qualifiers for climbing the rank ladder.

Green Day levels data: Here is where there is a wrench thrown into the whole system. Green Day was a set of levels just like Pig Tales and Mighty Hoax, but the availability of the levels were time-contractual. When that contract ran out, Rovio had to cut the entire set, and now the levels are unavailable. Only problem is, Rovio only erased the levels. They did not erase the stars and eagles earned by those who played through them. There were 22 Green Day levels total, they were available for roughly a year, and now they have been unavailable for more than 3 years. These represent the 66 stars and 22 eagles that you might be missing, if someone else on your list have them. I have everything. 681 stars total, and 227 eagles. So a new player who has full completion of the game, but lacking the Green Day data will never be able to pass those who have completed them, no matter how good they are.

As I said, I have tried many many times to convince Rovio to get rid of them. The best I get was “players deserve to keep the data they have earned.” I totally disagree with this statement, IF nobody can even play the levels any more. Rovio does not care about your rank enough to accomodate the data removal.

I hope this was informative for you.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

That’s very interesting about the levels in the different AB games. I have fully completed many for instance Rio – every star, feather and egg + any extras.

Bill, does the story levels over all the various Rovio Angry birds games such as Rio have the same bearing on our ABF’s tournament levels and our ability to reach the top. I definitely don’t recall ever seeing Green Days.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

@Dixi-60 I am honestly not too sure. Since ABF was released, it became the only AB-related game I ever played, other than the AB Space, which may have been released later, I did play through the first few of those.

But I think with the mobile apps, points seems to be all that matters. Stars and eagles are just bragging rights for the game purist/completionist.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

about Green Day, you can see many videos on YouTube of ABF Green Day levels. But if you are a new player within the last 3 years or so, then you probably never saw them, or had the opportunity to play them. Maybe we can ask that new Rovio social media representative about it. I think this is one of the most important fixes that ABF could make for all of us, to once again be on a level playing field.

bern
    @bernhardwolff

man, you sound so… retired

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Tired of being grouped with cheaters!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.