Tips, Strategy, Gameplay

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Tips, Strategy, Gameplay

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • Divelucaya
    @divelucaya

Some bird super shot descriptions mention increased or double combo hits. I know that in battles a bird bouncing all over the place shows a hit count, so I am assuming this is the combo hits. But I’d like to know for sure what combo hits are and what they are good for? What does a combo hit if 15 get me when compared to a combo hit of 4.

It is very unfortunate that a large gaming company such as Rovio can release a new game without any details of every aspect of the game. I have found nothing on combo hits, very little about totems, nothing about the smudge pots with hearts in them seen in battles, nothing about the floating things during battles (I assume the heart, sword, and running man increase health, defense, and attack speed but by what values?). It is difficult to play a game when one has to guess their way through most of it.

LikesDiamonds
    @banchee

One of my friends has used my birds to win battles and enter pyramids. When he wins I get 5 gems. How does he do this??? I need to do this to enter a pyramid.

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@banchee. Whenever you have a quest, just tap on the icon with the yellow exclamation point over it located on the left of your screen underneath the Daily Tasks (calendar) icon. It tells you what you need for that quest. If you then tap on “Let’s Go,” it will make a orange scout marker flash. Go to that marker and you will get what you need/part of what you need for that quest. Just keep going back to that icon with the exclamation point until you get everything you need for that quest and it awards your coins.  As for the 5th team player slot, you just have to keep playing and increasing your power level until it unlocks. It doesn’t take long, especially if you play the arena.

Tweeky
    @davidbroida

My team

I’m stuck at Level 20. The main boss has the bacon juice, so it’s mutated and kills me with one hit. I only have 4 turns to kill him, and I’ve never gotten closer than 50%. Any suggestions? The rest of the pigs are small, and don’t spawn. I know the pig level is well above mine, but I’ve beaten other levels above me before.

Divelucaya
    @divelucaya

@davidbroida  Just keep trying and don’t let it get to you. I have ones that take me over a week to beat. Right now I am power level 9450 and the boss is 18450. Also, try different birds, especially swapping in ones with lower shot counts. If during battle you see a certain color token drop, for example the yellow triangles, then you may want to try having at least one yellow bird on your team your next try. I have swapped out my higher level white bird with shot count of 4 with a lower level red with shot count of 2. Sometimes that earlier super shot will help whittle away the pig’s strength quicker.

mickey
    @miloskunda

I am from Serbia, how can I get birds with four or five stars? He constantly opens up three stars to me (hatch birds)?? Thanks!! Here’s my clan – kund@@@@

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@miloskunda You need to hatch the gold egg to get 4-5 stars. You will get a free hatch every other day and you can win premium tickets out of chests to hatch the egg. The best way to GUARANTEE you get at least a 4 star is to hatch 10x premium hatch ticket. You can either buy it or it is normally offered as a prize during special bird events. If you want to purchase it, click on the gold egg and it will be on the far right. During special events, like the Bomb event that just ended, every time you hatch a premium ticket your chances of getting the featured bird, which is always a 5 star, go up. So I save up my premium hatch tickets for special bird events. Remember though, you can’t save up the free hatches, so use them as soon as their available.

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

@davdbroida  Some advice from someone who has played the game since launch and wished they had known. If you move ahead on the map too fast you will eventually be stuck for months, especially if you keep defeating pigs far above your team’s power level or paying to keep a battle going until you win.  You will also lose the ability to play on hard and insane modes which become extremely valuable during tournaments/events. Here is the advice I got from a Rovio rep: ALWAYS keep the power of your team above that of what is needed to battle on INSANE mode. You can see this when your scout finds a pig for you to battle by clicking on NORMAL, HARD, or INSANE.  If you team’s power falls below that of insane mode, stop playing the map until you get your team’s power above it again. While you are waiting, focus on playing events and leveling up your birds. If you don’t do this now, you will regret it.  I was stuck for over a MONTH because the pig on the map for me to defeat was 17,000+ and my team was 10,000ish.  With my team power now at 19,277 (and this is with three 5 star birds, two level 80 & one level 60 & two 4 star birds both over 80) I could take on that pig, but I still need 28,500 to fight on insane mode, so I’m staying put.  I wish I had known this before I got so far in a hole.

Divelucaya
    @divelucaya

@michele-mitchell  I wish I had known this too. I was wondering why hard and insane levels were so unreachable. I had no idea they were tied to the adventures. If you think you were in a hole, my team is at 13K and the adventure is currently at 23K. Amazing thing is that I never have paid to continue the adventure. If you just keep playing you will eventually get a lucky set up. I can see now that I have really been losing out on extra rewards by being stuck at the normal levels. Never before have I seen a game released that has so many unknowns that are just not spelled out anywhere. Shame on Rovio.

burbman
    @burbman

Team leveling strategy question.  My main team currently consists of 4-five star birds, and 1-four star bird, all at level 80, team strength is just over 20k.  Evolving these birds is going to take an obscene amount of evo materials.  Am I better to bite the bullet and save materials to evolve these birds, or should I work to level up the number 2-5 birds in each color group so that I can play the color dungeons on the hard or insane setting to gain significantly more materials per play?

Side Note, I just got the Fire Rooster, who I will be leveling up to replace the red four star bird in my primary team.

Mizzle
    @myzldscorpio

Hey everyone. Ive been playing for about 2 months now and wanted to lend some advice on whats been working for me. First, i save up as much golden tickets (25 max for the single ones btw), berries and enough gems for 10x rolls ( 1350) for powerful bird events. To lvl up birds, i usually lvl up 1 2 and 3 star birds to their first evolution then use them to lvl up my 4 and 5 star birds. I haven’t spend a penny on the game and have a full 5 star team.

Mizzle
    @myzldscorpio

I hope this helps make the most of your angry birds evolution experience. Here’s a look at my team at a little over two months. 

Mizzle
    @myzldscorpio

Yes. Its a pain but worth it. I have made teams that at least let me play the hard level of the dungeons. Note: have 100 gems just in case you need to revive.

Michael Banks
    @michael-banks

You shouldn’t be doing levels that quickly. Why outpace yourself?? Personally I do the events like crazy, and use my scouts to get materials to build up my birds. I keep at least a 3,000 cushion between my power and the event markers/scout markers insane level power. That way I can finsh first in the evnts and build my birds even faster. As I advance my power beyond that cushion I will play some story markers to bring it back to my range. If you are 4 thousand weaker than a story level then you are messing up. You are certainly handicapping yourself in events because you can’t beat them on the insane level. Why rush the story? I will get to the end of it eventually and squeeze out all of the enjoyment I can along the way. All you really need to do is unlock the red and white dungeon. Beyond that who cares? I guess that means you have to unlock yellow and black too, but red and white are the best in my opinion. Blue is weak.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Tips, Strategy, Gameplay

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.