Time zone advice

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Time zone advice

• If you live on the east coast, do not play against a friend on the west coast. They will get 3 more hours to beat your score.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@beaujack I don’t believe that’s true. I think it resets at a universal time.

beaujack
    @beaujack

Dunno. My gold piggy shows up at 0000 EDT or 0400Zulu (UTC). By your logic, ABF should turn over at 2101EDT, 1801PDT. In any event, be it local midnight, or 0001 UTC, the west coast still gets three hours to beat my sweetheart wife’s ABF score.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

You’re mixing information here @beaujack. Different apps use different logic.

As this thread was started in the Angry Birds Friends forum, my comment was directed in such a response: The Angry Birds Friends Tournament begins and ends at 7am UTC (3am EDT, midnight PDT).

Not all apps work on this schedule. For example:

• The Pig Days levels in Angry Birds Seasons release at 8am UTC (4am EDT, 1am PDT)
    • Advent Calendar levels in Angry Birds Seasons released at 8am UTC (3am EST, midnight PST)
    • Daily Dungeons in Angry Birds Epic reset at midnight UTC (8pm EDT, 5pm PDT)
    • Daily Golden Pigs in Angry Birds Epic reset at midnight local time always
    • Angry Birds Go! Tournaments reset at 5am UTC (1am EDT, 10pm PDT)
    beaujack
    @beaujack

In any event the west coast gets three more hours to whip you good. My ABF advice is befriend some poor bloke in the UK and zap him silly. Ooh, did I taste a flame? Thanks for clarifying the schedule. I thought it might be local time in Helsinki.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I don’t understand your comment. My list NEVER gives ANYONE an advantage.

beaujack
    @beaujack

Your reply assumes my wife will stay wake til 3am edt. She isn’t quite that insane. Granted ABF resets at the astronomical instant of 7am utc but even you will admit it happens at differing time around the globe depending upon one’s personal longitude. You assume humans exist without sleep or key their circadian rythyms to the gnomes of Helsinki.

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@beaujack it’s instantaneous!!! If the new tournament starts at 7am EST, then it’s 4am PDT. No One gets an additional 3 hours!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Time zone advice

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.