Time to Say Goodbye

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Time to Say Goodbye

• It wasn’t my choice. My Samsung Galaxy S7 completely died this morning and I cannot transfer my account to the new phone. Took it to Verizon and they have no clue what happened. I got a Pixel 4 and when I tried to log into my Facebook account it locked me out. I had created a fake Facebook account years ago for saving the game, but it wants me to prove my ID before I can log in, which I can’t do because the name on account isn’t mine.

Unless there is some other way to recover my account, I am not going to start all the way over.

Needless to say I am devastated.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • SumoBro
    @sumobro

Try to contact Rovio.  Maybe there is a way they can restore it based on some account information you have (such as stuff you posted here).

nubie
    @nubie

can you still access your internal storage samsung s7 ?

you can find your save  in internal storage/android/data/com.rovio.baba

copy all your save data , redownload angry birds 2 once again in your new phone

just finish your tutorial than close the app

delete all that new save data than replace it with your old save

you will lose some like mebc , hatch , clan , arena  but you will still have your lvl  & hats

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

No, the phone is a paper weight, nothing more.

Doesn’t turn on, doesn’t even react to being plugged in. I can get the micro-SD card out (when I find the tool for it), but the game is on the internal storage.

smithxxxxx
    @smithxxxxx

do  PC still recognize your phone using usb cable , angie ?

if not , usually that mean hardware failure

maybe google play games can restore your ID

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Did you log into Google Play Games?  I know that sometimes saves your game data.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

That’s terrible news, I hope you can get it sorted. Does sound like a hardware issue though honestly I’ve never had a device just die randomly for no reason after working fine the day before. If your phone shop can’t fix it then your new device should be able to get your acc back.

If you used Google Play Games that should have saved up your data, plus if you backed up your progress which can be done on the main screen (cogs wheels under the mail button -> cloud button on the end).

Maybe if you can try getting into your FB account and prove your ID, not sure why you’d be locked out without being able to get back in. Getting access to the internal storage could help, if there’s a way to transfer the data/files over to your new device as mentioned above.

Not sure if this relevant but I uninstalled AB2 a while ago as it was taking up more space than it should’ve been, then reinstalled it and was able to connect to Google Play Games and could load my account. You just have to get the tutorial out the way then load up your data and you have your acc back.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Well, it took me almost two weeks, but after working with Rovio, they were able to recover my account. I did lose my name because of the process they used, but that’s not a big deal.

Thankfully it is now backed up on Google Play, because I had to replace the new phone today after all but the top speaker died. With the bottom speakers dead, it would not ring, make notifications, and I could not use the speaker phone, alarm, or most other functions which require sound.

Thankfully it was still within the return window and they swapped it out for a brand new one. If it ends up giving me grief, I’ll probably swap it out for a Samsung S10 since I’ve never had a problem with a Samsung phone save the S7, but I know that anything electronic can randomly fail. I see it all the time at work.

Sucks that I lost almost two weeks of the MEBC, but oh well. At least I got it back.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Welcome back, glad that you could get everything sorted.  If it makes you better, my tablet stopped working the other day; I left it on charge on and went out for a few hours, came back and it had shut off. It’s refusing to turn on anymore even I after put on charge overnight

Now I don’t have a tablet anymore so I’ve instead been using an Android emulator on my PC, which thankfully works well and I can continue playing the game fine. MEBC doesn’t work for some reason as it gives me a connection error but I don’t really care that much since I get so little coins anyway, plus they recently did the temporary no destructometer  event which gives you less birds = less coins.

Buster
    @doulgas

I have not been backing up via google play, at least not deliberately, although sometimes it just seems to open by itself. How does that work?

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

On the main menu, press the two cog wheels:

And press the first button to connect your Google Play account:

Once connected the game will quickly reload. You should now see a red X in place of the white +. Then press the last button to save your progress (I do this every other day just to be safe):

grammyK
    @grammyk

@aggieguy Glad to hear you don’t have to leave! :-)

Buster
    @doulgas

@oliverfrancis, thanks for that. I’d hate to lose 2 years of “progress” on this stupid game. Do I have to stay logged in to google play, or just when I want to save?

smithxxxxx
    @smithxxxxx

you can’t play mebc with  most of andro emulators , lemon

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Time to Say Goodbye

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.