Thunderstruck – new event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thunderstruck – new event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 119 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Today’s target is missiles. A good tf to use would be regular starscream

@acwb16 New characters that you don’t have should take priority regarding token purchases. If there aren’t any characters to unlock in a token exchange, don’t try that hard to earn the tokens. Chances are that you’ll still earn sufficient enough tokens to get the accessories you want.

woo224
    @woo224

I never thought that it was possible to encounter Boss Pig two times in a row. Survived both encounters, but the Boss survived with just a little health remaining.:(

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@sam-spargo The missiles day the best TF is the Normal Starscream with the EMP Ray it’s hitting them directly at them launcher pad no need to wait to see them flying

sheepybach
    @paul13

2 days running and have not got on the leader board and only once earned 30 Tokens, this on the new game tab I’m running and as such not going to get the BOT or many addons and so am just upgrading my Bots and that takes some time due to the crazy limits set by Rovio.
    My game tab is plodding along nicely and I’m picking up the addons I want apart from that just not playing much.
    I can confirm that if you are just starting to play a new game there is no difference in the event runs if you have Bots at L15 or at L5 there is no leeway from Rovio and that is why I can get above 20 tokens on the daily 550. Out of interest what is the scored needed for 100 tokens? I expect its very high.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@paul13 yesterday’s was 20000 for only the 70 token level. I get there without need spending not a single gem but it was a hellish nightmare and i came first And i played every 3 hours and 50 minutes a full 4 nodes runs.

Toady as we speak i got to 50 tokens levels easy the missiles day is the best for the regular starscream!

Anonymous

@20qmindreader
    It might have been. I wasn’t paying attention since I don’t need anything from this comp. i’ve been playing comp levels here and there to help complete daily missions (and also to be cannon fodder for people who do actually care about this comp), but certainly not trying to do well in the rankings.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

That Sergey i have him at my leaderborder today too! Also after first day that i played only to obtain the missing crown of starscream i droped the serious gaming but it helps me with the daily missions as well and helps me to increase my pigs kills. I used to have ore but i was constantly using them to cut down time for the mission pods.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

@elpapam What is your normal start time and time zone when you start these comps?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@gabe-nestor 02:05 AM a full cycle until 02:00 AM UTC that the event ends.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Today’s targets are mortar towers.

Some of the daily tasks that I have been getting lately aren’t registering my activity with this event, specifically tasks that require me to collect a certain number of Energon Cubes. I have to play the nodes on the map in order to complete those particular tasks, which is very frustrating because it takes longer to meet the required goals for those tasks.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Walking Mortar Towers (WMT) are such a pain to kill.
    Have been trying various available Decepticons and so far…

I’ve only managed to kill one with my Skywarp Level 9, fitted with with
    Launchers (+5% explosive force),
    Blaster (+10% damage), Null-Ray (+5% damage)
    which shoots flaming fireballs which are slow to reach & keeps catching blocks, trees, etc. etc.

What are you all using that are effective?
    Those WMT’s give lots of points when they die.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@jimmy-necessary I have noticed some changes to Daily Tasks from 2 days ago.
    Perhaps they’re meant to stop us finishing too fast? ;)

This trick no longer worked:
    Playing a few seconds of an event node, and then pause & exit:

Instead of counting those seconds as having visited the node,
    ABT just counts the 1st attempt. All subsequent attempts are not counted.

For example, I have tried using this trick two times, I need to play and completely finish
    a qualifying node for two times before it starts counting again.

I don’t know if it’s been fixed, well, needless to say, I stopped using this trick.

I also experienced some tasks for the competition did not count any more after using this trick.

However, once I realized, I just re-do the qualifying nodes properly by playing on the main map, it started counting properly again, even on the competition.

Hope that helps.

Altough we don’t have to destroy the mortar towers in order get the points for hitting the targets, since, I assume we get more points if we successfully destroy any of the mortar towers, how are we, the players, suppose to get high scores if the Transformers that we can use for this event are not strong enough against the mortar towers, that it is extremely difficult to nearly impossible to destroy them?

CD
    @bartiedog

How do we kill Mortar Towers!!!
    Very frustrating, Probably will skip this section of the event.
    Games are supposed to be fun, not frustrating. I’m PO’d!

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Yeah @bartiedog and @jimmy-necessary,
    it’s too tough. I used to get from 200 to 500 points for each of the competition event yesterday,

however today’s scores from the first hour of 00:00 GMT were less than 50.
    Ouch! :(

Unless we can figure out how to kill Mortar Towers, I’m going to give today’s competition event a miss. Upgrade my decepticons.
    And get some good sleep and finish outstanding work that has been piling up.

@armourbender I don’t use any tricks in the game might account for the changes I have seen in the daily tasks, so I think some of those changes are the result of a glitch because, for example, I noticed that when a task requires that I visit a region of the map so many times, if my Transformer gets killed before completing a node in that region, then later I return to complete that node after reviving my Transformer, the daily task board records that as two seperate visits to that region.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Whoa! Now that the first hour of the WMT event today is over,
    someone called Stuie has 1st place on my leaderboard with a whooping 6712 points!
    Maverick in 2nd place has 5884 points!

What’s your secret Stuie & Maverick?

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

@jimmy-necessary hey my sincerest apologies as i didn’t mean to be mean or in any way offend with my comment.
    Wishing you best of luck! :)

I am going to keep playing today’s daily challenge for this event because I need to those tokens so that I can unlock Acid Storm, but without the aid of the Energonicons, I can’t make short work of the mortar towers because even with my Sunstorm at level 9, none of the available Transformers have weapons that are strong enough and/or effective enough against the mortar towers in order to destroy them, so I will have to compensate and hope that I will get lucky.

I apologize in advance to anyone in this forum who appears on my leaderboard if I happen to beat your score in the game. I that I could send free gifts in the game in order to make up for it.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@jimmy-necessary I noticed the lack of energon cubes too. I had a collect 70 cubes mission today and at the end of the event I had only collected 26. Because Energonicons are not being used the structures are not producing energon cubes (Except when using Energon Starscream because of his regenerating ability).

Acid Storm seems to be the best at destroying Mortar Towers but he still stinks at it.

@armourbender You did not offend me with your comment, nor did you offend in any other way.

In other words, no offense taken.

@sntrooper The daily task board hasn’t been counting the Energon Cubes that I have been collecting in this event, regardless of how frequently they appear. It has only been counting the Energon Cubes collected from the regular gameplay nodes on the map.

In other words, for example, I could have collected a total of 100 Energon Cubes, but only 50 cubes get counted on the daily task board because only 50 cubes out of 100 cubes came from the nodes on the map.

That implies to me that there is some kind of glitch affecting the progress bars of the daily task board.

Xun
    @xunhq

I’ve only managed to destroy one WMT since the event start. My kill was with Level 10 Acid Storm with the accessories decked out and also because I had quite a lot of time with him and he was being bombarded by another WMT behind him.

Each kill results in 75 points which is a lot but difficult to come by in this challenge ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thunderstruck – new event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.