Thoughts on the update

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

My league completely stalled after he update. There was a star grabbing maniac in first, but he hasn’t played in days now.

I don’t know, this kind of broke the game for me. Playing the levels goes from far too easy to impossible at some point, and it’s just not fun to play the same level over and over for days (or longer). The arena and daily challenge were a nice mix of challenging and fun. Still unsure about the new KPP, but I don’t like that some levels seem to just be broken.

The thing with the arena, however, is the imbalance in matches. I used spells to level the playing field, that’s all. My only real reason to level birds these days is that aesthetically I hate Master, and I hoped Pristine would be a bit nicer. The chests sucked and spells were unimportant. It was his having a nice, non-frustrating challenge.

At the same time, the constant pressure to play to maintain arena status was always there, and now it’s not. Yeah, I can tell myself all I want that it’s just a game, but it is awfully easy to fall into a “well, but it is more gems and not that much work” mentality.

What would make me happy is if they fixed the levels. At least change them to not be totally random every time so I can practice.

Jerry Atrick
    @hermsters

The updates okay, but I don’t like getting a text sent to my phone every 15 minutes. It wasn’t like this before the update. Anyone know how to stop it?

TripH0P
    @triph0p

The legendary chests are pretty useless to players in with level cards to me. I paid 900 gems and received 2000 feathers…That barely makes a dent when trying to upgrade to epic silver at 35,000 feathers. I had a chance at winning 1000 pearls which would’ve been nice but not worth the risk. Someone else in this thread said the legendary chest are good if you have maxed out cards since you cant get feathers but I doubt hardly anyone has maxed cards that since epic requires so many

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Even with maxed out cards the Legendary chests are a drain on the gems.

Jimmy Crawford
    @jimmy-crawford

Hi All,

New to the forum (didn’t know it was around tbh) I got the update yesterday… Not keen to be honest, suddenly the birds can barely cause a dent in standard blocks. I three a red at a small pig just now, didn’t do a thing, black explodes next to it… nothing, finally through yellow in a direct shot and it goes, I am finding this more and more, especially in KPP, I played all my lives yesterday getting through to the final stage where I was presented with an impossible challenge, the pig was locked away in a tiny corner, even with 5 birds I didn’t get to hit it once, no matter the direction, shots or destruction I caused.

Rovio, people enjoy playing this game, why on there is a big difference between frustration from tackling a hard level and frustration knowing that you CANNOT win. I paid a lot to the first few versions, and bought a few gems in this, but why should I keep giving you my money f you are just going to flip me the bird in return (forgive the pun).

The game should be challenging, with a level of difficulty that keeps you wanting to play, not frustrated to the point where I want to throw my phone across the room, I’ve been playing AB2 since it came out, and I’m getting to the point where if I see another unfair level or impossible challenge I just won’t bother anymore, why should I?

And Rovio, please don’t say ‘It’s a Free game, what do you expect?’ I give you enough money.

Anyway, nice to see the forum may lurk a bot more :)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Welcome to the funny farm, Jimmy. You don’t have to be crazy to join us, we will take care of that over time. ;)

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

Yeah, the “it’s a free game” is nonsense. I have spent more than the average price of a game on it, so it’s paid for at least some of us. I would rather the payment work differently, though. They could at least allow me to buy infinite lives for a reasonable price (like cut the rope 2).

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I agree with @captsternn, I do have maxed cards and I would never go for a legendary chest – why? I have more pearls than gems – why would I even want more pearls? For the slim chance I get one of those x10 hats?
    I think the new chests are cool, but comparing those with the old 1.600 gems chests packages, I think we pay a high price for the chance of winning something of worth.

Anonymous

@sambeaver agreed about silver….Pretty much every time Rovio say they have increased the power of a bird, in fact it seems to get decreased. Silver is heading towards being as useless as those 3 little blue birds.

Silver went from being pretty good to being under powered!….sure if you get a full loop, silver is not bad at destroying king pig, but when 90% of the time you don’t get the physical space to do a full loop, as you are attempting to destroy a structure not a king pig, well the structure barely gets a dent now. Where as before silver would pretty much destroy most structures as long as you started the loop before hitting it.

@hank
    can you find out why most users also have the ability to buy into another round of TOF, yet as myself and @captsternn posted, we get 1 play per day and that’s it.

As to Blizzard, I agree that at least it seems to destroy some structures without the need for another bird but I wished they adopted someone else’s idea from these boards…. That was instead of automatically turning everything icy, that they actually introduced a snowy blizzard type of effect that comes in from left to right, and would leave the structures on the left side covered by snow/ice but on the right side not as much…..so it would look like an actual blizzard, not ice, which is not really a blizzard.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@jimmy-crawford
    just a tip for your last stage- use the landslide near you, you would find it’s easy to get close to that damm pig. I passed KPP without spending gems.

One of the interesting thing to play ab2 is to get a way to strike the room with right bird.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

The buying into the tower thing might be another “experiment” they implemented to see, what we would be willing to do if we had the chance. Just like they tried with the new chests and other stuff only accessible to some players. I guess with different amounts of gems to spend, they can see how much we would pay to get back in.
    I myself also only have a timer and no chance to buy my way in – this I wouldn’t do anyway!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

IMO Red’s battlecry also isn’t the same anymore :(

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

The KPC has become a waste of time. I couldn’t even get through the first boss this morning. No way it is worth that much time and effort, much less any gems, for 100 pearls. Maybe if Rovio had bumped up the reward to 500 or 1,000 pearls it would be worth something. Not wasting my time on that one any more.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The odds on the chests, even the basic ones, appear to be similar to those on ToF. In every case where there’s say, a couple of spells, 10 pearls, modest feathers (100-200), and nice amount (750) regardless of your pick you end up picking the lower – not necessarily the lowest – pick and never the high pick. This is consistent with ToF probabilities.

Am I imagining things or if you have one in five odds of hitting the ‘big’ prize you never seem to? This is for the arena chests, the 3rd and 6th, not the regular chests.

Also, in ToF I now get pigs @ level 2. Thanks, Rovio, but 250 gems for a chance (certainty) of hitting 2 pigs in 3 tries… So that makes it 250+70 is 320 before we even start hitting real rewards.

Come on, Rovio… Some of us do understand probability a bit better than 3 card Monte…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Agreed @captsternn. I played today’s DC and KPC for almost an hour and a half and still couldn’t beat that first boss screen. I even got in there with all 7 birds once and still couldn’t do it.

Another thing I noticed- I had purchased the king/red/gift box pack at the beginning of all this to give me the extra hearts to play screens. I had 8 in total. Today when playing KPC I noticed I only had 5 tries to do it until I got patronized by watching videos to continue.

Which means… ROVIO REPEALED THE PACK BONUS I BOUGHT.

So- over a year ago Rovio took away the gift boxes. Now they took away my extra hearts. So essentially I paid for something Rovio offered, Rovio changed their mind, and stole my money.

CROOKS. This is all a sign of one thing- people are abandoning the game. Rovio is not bringing in the money they want with it. Designers are grabbing at any cheapazz straws they can get to rook players out of their nickels and dimes so they can keep their jobs. The writing is on the wall, folks.

cognitive
    @cognitive

This upgrade seems to have cranked up the immortal piglet threshold…

The blowing fans seem to be a bit more strong than before update…

Am I imagining things?

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

If old 5 level KPP was just boring but playable w/o spending gems, current boss format just sucks. With whistle. Lot of brainf*** in the name of what? 1000 feathers and 100 pearls and tiny reward in chest? What you think i am masochist or what?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Does anyone know how to get bonus points? (Paper things)

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to get bonus points? (Paper things)

I assume you mean the Stamp so you can buy from the bonus tab? If so you get Stamps by purchasing gem packs, as per pic below. AFAIK that is the only way to get Stamps.

IMG_0833.JPG

desperados
    @desperados

if you don’t need pearls opening 20 rare chests for 1600 gems is better than opening 2 legendary chests for 1800 gems…from 1 to 20 when opening rare chests you’ve like %25 chance to hit a card with 1000 gems reward.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I think the KPP is dead to me… today’s second level really did it for me…

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

King pig became unbeatable!
    Sometimes I payed the 60 gems in the boss level, but here I don’t even reach round 3.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I have only got thru KPP once since the update, needed 60 gems in the last room.

The rest of the days I give it reasonable runs but give up if I cannot get there in 2nd try. No time for it and don’t expect to to pay gems unless I am in the final room with the king pig in level 3.

This clamping down of feather output by fixing the few exploits should have been done long ago. Long before people maxing out in bird levels. Ticket system should not be there. Just let people player arena 2 times (1 free + 1 video) every 3 hrs.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Remove tickets or limit tickets to total of 24 / 3 = 8 + 8 video total so if you missed a match because of sleep (who would do this) you still have 24 a day. At the same day remove the max 10 stars awarded… if you defeat someone by 20M points or what not you can reap the reward.

desperados
    @desperados

Yes 10 star max is not good when you win by 20m difference,like when you score 30m it should give you 30 stars…i like the bonus system and their badges…it would be cool to see the badges as your profile frame around your name…but let us earn this bonus points via chests too or as an arena reward.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Thoughts on the update

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.