There is (some) HOPE!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum There is (some) HOPE!

• There is hope everyone, I was just able to defeat a Very hard level (It even came up asking me to upgrade first) with a Lvl 10 Bludgeon. I had a level 10 Optimus prime un-boosted as a partner. I hated to skywarp a Bludgeon level because I like playing him so I went for it. I think there was a perfect storm of factors that contributed to this win but it is Possible!

1) It’s Bludgeon, ’nuff said.
    2) He is by far my favorite bot, he was the first I got to lvl 10, and I am probably more skilled with him than any other bot.
    3) His special weapon was a shield (if it had been airstrikes there would have been no chance).
    4) There were a good amount of buildings to blow up and evenly spaced enough so i could be shielded the majority if the time.
    5) I had a half a heart when I got to the astrotrain…

Ended up with about 2500 in gold before squad bonus and doubler so about $7,000 total.

This doesn’t make up for the “easy” levels that keeps killing my lvl 10 Energon soundwave before the buddy is even available, or all the other “Very Hard” where you die without even having a chance to fight, but i digress.

In your face Rovio lol :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Ha, congrats!

Yup, it’s difficult, but if all the stars align it does happen once in a blue moon.

What type of node was it? If it was Pig City, that would definitely help as well with all the energon structures available to power your special ability.

And I agree, if your TF had the Energon Airstrike ability you would have been toast.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Hey, @hxadecmel, good news. Was it in Pig City or on the plateaus? I will play the nodes that come up in Pig City because, like you described (TF level, node level, etc), I have made it through those at hard or very hard since the update. It’s the plateaus and the desert where insta-death is guaranteed (with a TF at level 10).

Hex
    @hxadecmel

The plateau’s. One node up and two to the right (ish) of the middle portal.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

That is hopeful! I agree, too, that having the shield and not the energon air strike helped. Oh, and your, likely, bad#%* Bludgeon skill :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve obviously been inspired by your tale of derring-do, as I too just completed a Very Hard run in Pig City with a L10 Soundwave that I hadn’t been able to complete before.

Really, the things in my favor were:

– Shields, shields, and more shields, and all the energon I could hope for to keep them up for as long as I could
    – The force of destruction also known as Heat Wave

In the end, I made it through with less than one heart remaining. Also, I barely cracked 5,000 coins which kinda sucks (and it was a 4hour node as well!!!) but I’m just glad I was able to complete it.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Explain to me how I was able to complete a Hard level(albeit with only two hearts left), but I then got shot down immediately in an Easy level?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@marioandsonic

Do you recall which TFs you were using, what type of node they were running, and who their buddies were?

Regardless of the difficulty rating, those three factors make a huge difference.

But it also goes to show how inconsistent and misleading the difficulty rating can be.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@optimuspig

If I recall correctly, the Hard level was a desert node with a level 9 Sentinal Prime. The Easy level (which may have been a Medium level, actually) was a mountain/cliff node with Energon Optimus Prime.

And yes, I know Energon characters take more damage, but that still doesn’t mean they should be killed that quickly.

beaups
    @grathe

I as well have managed to get through a couple of the very hard nodes. Usually using a character with a ton of brute force like Heatwave of Soundwave where I can wipe out whole stacks just as the scroll onto the screen. I’m the same with all my energon guys though, shotgun murder pigs and flying kamakzi pigs kill me immediately. My current strategy is to leave the very hard nodes alone (not wasting coins to keep getting smoked and repairing) pick those characters over and over to run missions so I can collect coins and gems. Upgrade those guys one at a time until they all get up to L11 and use the collected gems to get more buddies on missions and have better odds at collecting super Rareium. It’s a work in progress… I hope to have bee at L11 tomorrow and maybe get him freed up again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum There is (some) HOPE!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.