The Pig Challenge Thread

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Pig Challenge Thread

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 818 total)
  • Replies
  • trishohara
    @trishohara

Thanks @karen68

i now have over 300k, but still not 4 stars.

knichy
    @knichy

@trishohara 327 is 4*.

Ala Kathy bam

Pull shockwave down til he just starts to creep up the sling, I mean barely, and lob between two houses, should take out the hanging stuff and leave pig dangling from balloons.

Telebird under hanging remains to far side, picking up as much as you can and activate to hanging pig.

knichy
    @knichy

Actually took two tries today

trishohara
    @trishohara

thanks @knichy that worked very well.

knichy
    @knichy

Happy to give back @trishohara after following years worth of your tips!

72bungle
    @72bungle

Thanks @knichy, it took me more than two tries (uncoordinated), but I got there at last

Kathy
    @kathy

Wooot!! thanks @knichy I tried once this morning, but only got 3 stars,

first time with your strat ,333200 for 4 stars

welcome aboard @72bungle ?

Happy to see our little group is growing!

junco76
    @junco76

Thanks for the strat, @knichy. Took me 2 tries but worked great. Wonder what recycled level we’ll get for the weekend….

Kathy
    @kathy

Nice job @junco76 !

I know right, Hopefully it’s not a to difficult one for the tournament!

good luck to all!!

alartor
    @alartor

Hi,
    couple of questions:

do you know if the threshold for 4 stars is fixed, or may it vary depending on what scores other players are achieving? I think this is the case with the different trophies, if I remember correctly I have seen it vary, not sure if raising if too many players are getting it, or lowering if you fail miserably time and again… Can anyone confirm this?

And regarding Challenges, the Rewarded (Get a Trophy from the Tournament) one, do you need a higher trophy depending on the number of stars you already got in this challenge? I think that at first any trophy counted; when I had one star I would bet that bronze trophies didn’t count towards this challenge. I now have two stars and am trying to confirm whether bronze and silver trophies count or not. If not, 25 gold (or diamond) trophies seems quite a steep requirement!

Thanks!

PS: this week’s gold trophy is (currently) at 301510 points ;)

PPS (edit): my two cents, though you probably already know this… To rack up more points, a possible strategy is to try to leave one pig standing so when you fail the level you get offered the possibility of buying 3 reds for 90 coins, then before throwing any of those call up telebird or shockwave, then call up the other one immediately after throwing the first. That way you can have 3 or even 4 extra remaining birds for bonus points!

Kathy
    @kathy

Hi @alartor I will try to answer your questions

but first i got the Platinum, if the trophy glitch still is there then i got it with 321690 , that was from the previous fling

I used Ala-kathy-bam , then shockwave kinda straight to the middle but a little angle to upper left , it stops dead as soon as it hits anything. It got those balls going crazy and destroyed everything!

At first i tried with no power ups but only got bronze.

Kathy
    @kathy

@alartor , sorry @knichy would be better at answering your questions, I don’t know anything about the 4 star thresholds, I didn’t know it was broke? that’s probably why it confused me lol.

as for the he trophy glitch, seems it’s still there, you have to fling level again to get the higher trophy.

for the Rewards I don’t know either i have

2 silver

3 gold

9 platinum up to top any 3 platinum on pedestals but my rewards is only 13\25

if it’s how you say then yes that’s a steep requirements!

good! luck to all this weekend

lol @junco76 you Had to wonder dintcha, they gave us a doozy!!

alartor
    @alartor

Thanks!
    So… what’s the trophy glitch? And what’s Ala-kathy-bam?

(sorry, noobie-lamer here…)

^_^

alartor
    @alartor

Thanks for the answers Kathy!

Regarding the 4 star threshold, I meant “a fixed amount”, not fixed as in “it was broken before” :)

Kathy
    @kathy

lol no problem @alartor , actually @Gumby renamed the ala-ka- bam to Ala-kathy-bam because i always use it so much!! the power up in the lightening bolt that has the exploding boxes!

I don’t know if the 4 star threshold is a fixed amount, it seems to change, not sure if it goes by what different people score or if it’s individually changes for each of us! i know the trophy meter changes but i don’t understand that either, i got Platinum with 321 and my trophy meter now says 366900 ¿

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Like @kathy strat, I used Ala-kathy-bam and then shockwave in the middle.

As it is a new level, I threw telebird to the top right corner and teleported to the unexploded TNT at the bottom. Finished with 359,250 and a platinum trophy.

Kathy
    @kathy

Nice score @suikyo I wasn’t thinking fast enough to fling Telebird ?

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@kathy that 366900 may be the score for 49th place.

Screenshot_2017-06-30-14-23-40.png

What I got from the golden egg.

@alartor

trophy, yes, according to Rovio, depends on what other people get. But Monday to Thursday levels? I am not sure.

Rewarded: two weeks ago, my bronze trophy did not count. I think it may be a bug. The trophy you just got for this weekend has not counted toward the ‘quest’ for the Challenge Reward. But it should count once the weekend tournament ends which is Monday morning.

To rack up more points, what we do is, save as many unused birds as possible. That should be more than 4 birds. Weekend tournament like last week would probably need 8 to 9 unused birds to get platinum trophy.

I hope the above helps.

Kathy
    @kathy

ahhh yes @suikyo your probably right about that trophy threshold most likely it 49th place

in my egg i got

240 coins 7x potion and 2x all other bottom feeders

3x Telebird and 2x Shockwave.. Seem i always get more Telebird than Shockwave even in Quests!

alartor
    @alartor

Thanks, @suikyo !
    BTW, Platimun trophy is now at 336700

Kathy
    @kathy

did you get the Platinum @alartor ?

knichy
    @knichy

Ok all, not using @mentions, here’s Kent’s cents

The 4* thresholds are fixed, and usually somewhere near the high scores on ABN for that level

For the get a trophy challenge any trophy should do, you don’t get credit til Monday when you accept your trophy.

The glitch is you can beat the weekend trophy score nfor whatever level, but you don’t get the high level trophy until you beat the level again, even with a low crappy score.

Yes there are occasionally trophy levels that require use of the regular birds above and beyond shockwave and telebird, and using them to grab every piece of debris while leaving a pig, only to buy the three and use one is a good idea.

The more we all collaborate, the more we learn!

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @knichy

i should have mentioned @alartor To use the @mention feature. my bad.?

@alartor
    , when directing a comment to someone , use the ‘ @’ symbol before their name and they will get notification that you mentioned them in a comment or question ? sorry , I hadn’t noticed because i get all posts on this forum because I’m subscribed to the page, so i was able to see those posts. .. but ya use for example @kathy when you want me to see your post.

Kathy
    @kathy

@knichy i like that ‘Kents Cents’ You should start a column in a newspaper called that!! heehee!!?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Pig Challenge Thread

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 818 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.