"The Medic!" Challenge Event (get Ratchet)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "The Medic!" Challenge Event (get Ratchet)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 213 total)
  • Replies
  • Cynical Bird
    @sickcyn

Well finally got to the 100 goal for the first time today (hadn’t gotten the 100 goal the previous 3 days) and first place. Thought I wasn’t going to get there had cohorts that spent gems early and were WAY ahead. But apparently stayed “asleep” for the last 2 hours :) and spent gems for 2 or 3 runs, don’t recall if I did a 3rd.

@franciscrawford
    Well with coming in at 1550 3 days, you’re almost done. Don’t have to place much higher the last 2 days to get it all.

@lewie4
    Keep the 100 goals easy for us to reach please.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

so far my scores where

Day 01 450 tokens + 1000 1st Place
    Day 02 450 tokens + 1000 1st Place
    Day 03 450 tokens + 1000 1st Place
    Day 04 550 tokens + 1000 1st Place

But last night was all for good nerves i was fighting with the person of the 1st Place i was 1000 points from him i waited all up to 02:50 AM 10 minutes before the end of the event. I made a decision to use the bonus bot and soundwave and the energcon that was preferred for the time been for the extra bonus. With a refill 10 gems i made 2 runs more of 1000 points and add the bonus from energcon and squad. One round with pig boss i lost my soundwave but optimus prime come clear, and the last round (3 minuted before the end) i run again with soundwave optimus prime and the bonus energcon scoring around average so i come clear with 2500 points more from the 1st place and i took the win at i waited 1:30 minute to end…

Man what a stress was the 2 last hours before the end und i was undesided if to attack or not. Well it worked out for a better. I didn’t move at all those two hours, i might left the impression to the other user who was in first place that i give up so he/she didn’t go any more to spend on refills And that i believe was the key point to take the 1st place from him/her.

In the end i spend 180 Gems in total those 4 days of gaming. Unlocking a transformer that costs 2000 gems another two accessories 1000 and 900 gems (in euro currency to buy those gems 1000+1000 (the offer is 1000 gems original are 900 gems) needs 19,99+19,99 = 39,98 euros also for the accessories 1000+1000/900 gems another 19,99+19,99 = 39,98 Euros as well. Summary 79,62 euro totally costs transformer & accessories)

Conclusion the real cost for those bots to be unlocked with gems on par with real money are way to high.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

Speaking of score discrepancy, I had back to back runs, Pig City: 89 points, Desert: 1st shot blew up tower 117 points.

Bought the headphones for Ratchet, 25 gems for +5% damage is a good deal. Odd that once you get Ratchet he appears on the 2nd page of the Barracks, before a number of TFs he was released after.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@elpapam

“Conclusion the real cost for those bots to be unlocked with gems on par with real money are way to high.”

I agree, but it’s difficult to do the equivalence to real money because of distortions to the in-game economy caused by the gem farming that goes on. There are many players with five-figure gem hoards simply from running missions to get materials to gamble in the lab. Rovio is well aware of this, which is why it sets the gem-to-token exchange ratio as high as it does. And if some players are rich enough to spend real money on gems to buy the TFs and accessories outright (I’m sure there are some), then all the better.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@optimuspig i agree of what you said i am playing this game for so many years and i can see that but for not rich people like my self and with capital control at my country i am trying to spend as less as possible i can. I am always calculate gems per real money to have a knowledge to where those things are standing and to decide if i will need them.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I took a different approach to this event instead of fighting for a win.

Day 1, I spent 10 gems on a recharge to get 550. That was an easy day with p2 1/3 my score.
    Day 2, I spent 30 gems on recharges to get 550. That day was more competitive and I was in second a recharge away from first, if he didn’t recharge to keep me back, so I settled for second.
    From there I decided that with 550 plus a 2nd/3rd place finish, I would need 75 gems at the end to make up the tokens I would be short.
    Day 3, I spent 10 gems on a recharge to get 550. P1 had a big lead, so I finished 2nd.
    Day 4, I didn’t need to recharge to get 550 and just slipped past first. I broke my rule and spent 10 gems on an insurance recharge to ensure 1st.
    Day 5, I’m currently at the 80 token level in first and spent no gems. Heading out now, so I won’t play again until to 100% bonus block. I just need to hit to 90 level and not fall below 6th to not have to spend any more gems, which shouldn’t be an issue in either.

In the end, I’ll have spent 60 gems for Ratchet and both accessories.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

today i didn’t play a single node i am relaxing ;)

Geli
    @geli

I understand @elpapam rationale. I’ve spent $9.99USD in the 8 months since I started. The best benefit to that $9.99 is no ads, which speeds up the game. I have resisted all temptation to again pull the card from the wallet and buy gems, especially when my gem cache was depressingly low.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Gotta say, I’m glad I pushed and got the max 1,550 on each of Days 1-4. Nice not to have to worry about what was going on in Day 5. Ended up spending 100 gems in total on recharges, which is pretty reasonable.

I hope this is the last event for a while. I could really use a break. If they do decide to give us a Nemesis Prime event, I may just dip into my gem hoard and skip it entirely.

Cynical Bird
    @sickcyn

@millforce2k @optimuspig At what time do you start playing that you barely spend gems, reach the 100 goal, and come in first place? I spend more than that getting to first place and didn’t make the goals the first 3 days. However I do use the lab to make gems. So haven’t really spent money for them. Are your cohorts normally competitive or you basically always come out ahead? Include time zone if possible please.

Aledromo
    @aledromo

I had just enough to get ratchet and have like 150 tokens left over. Anyone with the accessories: is either worth 300-400 gems, or just fold and pick them up down the line at some future event?

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Fell 950 tokens short & had to cough up 475 gems to unlock Ratchet.

I really hope there’s at least a week before the next event, we don’t need any of this ‘event fever’ BS.

Aledromo
    @aledromo

I like reading the bios because they’re funny, but also because I like seeing how they think you should use the character weapons (as though there were subtle differences). Note that Ratchet’s appears unfinished? Either that or it’s a joke regarding Terence. Weird either way.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sickcyn

1. I generally start playing in Hour 1. During this event, I started in Hour 1 on Days 1, and 2, in Hour 2 on Day 3, and in Hour 3, on Day 4. I also lose a lot of sleep. Over the four days that I played, I missed five hours in total due to oversleeping.

2. I’ve been lucky in that my cohorts haven’t been hyper-competitive like some others have experienced. In general I’ve ended my days around 10-20% above the benchmark required for Level 100.

3. I have, however, done a fair bit of sniping. I ended all four days’ play with less than 30 minutes remaining on the countdown clock.

4. I only ever used gems to recharge when I was in the +100% bonus window, so either Hours 1 and 2, or Hours 23 and 24.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I looked back and figured out the minimum amout of tokens needed each day to get the Transformer (ignoring all accessories). To get Ratchet was the most so mathematically this was the hardest event.

Medic – Ratchet = 4000 / 5 days (800 tokens a day)
    You’ve Got the Touch – Rodimus = 5000 / 7 days (714 tokens a day)
    Seek and Destroy – Starscream, Skywarp or Sunstorm = 4800 / 9 days (533 tokens a day)
    Second Wind – Windblade = 6000 / 10 days (600 tokens a day)
    Acid Storm – Acid Storm = 5000 / 7 days (714 tokens a day)
    Movie – Epic Optimus = 5000 / 9 days (555 tokens a day)
    Target 2016 – Shockwave = 4000 / 7 days (571 tokens a day)
    Enter Silverbird – Windblade = 4000 / 8 days (500 tokens a day)
    Chinese New Year – Epic Optimus = 6000 / 8 days – (750 tokens a day)
    Holiday – Shockwave = 5000 / 12 days (417 tokens a day)

Now obviously if accessories were included there were others that were much harder than this one (since most of the first few were impossible to get everything) and also with the seeker event I’m only calculating getting one of them (two was 1067 and three was 1600).

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

After an afternoon relaxing listening to some jazz and enjoying some cold beverages, I came home to find I fell all the way to fourth. Did my four 100% bonus runs and got the 550. I moved up to first, but fell to third at the end. Got the second accessory and 12k of those oh so elusive coins.

@sickcyn
    I also start in hour 1 near the beginning. More important than when you start is your choice of bots and Energonicon. All but my most recent four are at level 15 and many are well accessorized. Because of this, I can frequently get the max bonus. You also need to use the changing bonus to your advantage. For example, if I finish a bonus block with no bars and the next block is low, I do one run to get me through the block and start the block with three bars and earning the fourth in the first hour of the block. If that’s a high bonus block, I’ll run 7 runs (those four + the ones in the next three hours). It gets more tricky if the bonus is moderate. I track everything and look for patterns (for me, the most fun part of the events).

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’ve just been upgrading Ratchet and have not played him until now that he’s level 8. Either he requires a totally different technique, or he just doesn’t fire very often?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@sntrooper Thanks for putting that together. It’s quite interesting. All things considered equal, this should be the hardest, but I’m finding them easier as I accessorize my bots.

Maybe they’re making them harder for us seasoned players at the expense of the newer ones. Get a few players on a board with L15 Optimus Prime with incendiary rounds and damage and what chance does a player with just an L8 bot have.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@pampeans I’ve tried him a couple times and he definitely needs a different technique. Instead of targeting a pig on the top of a tower, target the bottom block and he will “drill” down through the tower.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I fell short of getting enough tokens for an accessory. I can cough up either 160 or 200 gems for one of them. Are either ones really worth that and if so, which one?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@millforce2k thanks! When he fired, he destroyed, it’s just getting him to fire. I kept getting the red circle with the triangle overlapped, which with Sentinel & Heatwave signals a reload. Ratchet marched by most of the targets leaving his buddy to do all of the work. He did not take much damage though…

dan zoom
    @danzoom

Barely got rachet, had to spend 600+ gems. Competition was way too short, had some strong competitive groups several days, struggled to get in top 10.

sheepybach
    @paul13

I ended up with him and the 2 add-ons and never played much yesterday as just to end up with tokens you can’t use is a waste of time.
    I also find that with Ratchet there are some of the structures you just can’t collect E/Cons from no matter what. Very odd

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

Thankfully this event was EASY. Scored ratchet and both accessories, and a few more useless coins… With minimal effort.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

If you played to get the 550 points every day, you’d have got Ratchet no matter where you ended up on the leaderboard.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "The Medic!" Challenge Event (get Ratchet)

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.