The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 233 total)
  • Replies
  • Eric2203
    @eric2203

@killerkea I did that and still lost all my medals… either way, there are also other types of crashes happening that don’t let you play blind. The screenshot above was just the last one.

Anonymous

This loss of medals thing didn’t happen to me yet but now I’m getting worried. Hope this doesn’t effect me.

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

So here’s incentive to get the bugs fixed.

Every time the event resets so do all the presents. There are five presents on the map. If you keep tapping one as fast as possible you can get a multitude of prizes. Including points, stamina drinks, exp doublers, and best of all 50 silver coins. I’ve found that the event resets every time I close the app completely. However to save your prizes you will need to simply move to a different map space before closing.

Enjoy. Don’t give me credit for this even though I found it on my own.

Jim151
    @jim151

Reset for a third time. I’m not playing, just collecting presents every time I go back to zero. This last time even my measly 35 went to 0.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@mvnla2 You’re right. It resets by itself without the game crashing. I’ve now experienced it. Unless they fix it, the only way to win this event is to do it at the last minute, 6 days from now.

And the trick by @ineptidude does work. Try tapping a gift really fast. Small consolation, I guess.

I know bugs happen, but this is really too much. Did Rovio even test their update prior to release?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@eric2203 — Yeah, @ineptidude’s trick does work, I gained ~190 mastery points from it, plus a few potions. Will be interesting to see if any of them last.

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

I realize his is a fan site, but im hoping someone can point me in the right direction to formalize the issue and hopefully help us all. As @mvnla2 states, it’s more than the stamina. I used saved stamina and FE on re-spins to max out for the big pay day. At least give that back

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@calvinjj2009 — Not sure anyone here is going to be able to help, but I hope so. You really should create a Rovio support ticket. If they get tons of support requests, they may take it more seriously. Submit a support request at
    https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/
    cc: @QALauri

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Thanks for the info! I logged a call. Well see

Jon
    @epicjon

Well this is awesome. What would be an awesome event in conjunction with what would be a really great, depth providing update are all ridden with bugs and hacks. GREAT. So this is what we loyal customers get, especially those of us who spend money? They need to review their business model. REVIEW and TEST your product tirelessly before you release it. Without this step you leave the majority of your loyal customer base pissed off.

Thanks Rovio.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@epicjon — Please send your comments directly to Rovio at the link I posted above. ABN is not part of Rovio.

Jon
    @epicjon

@MVNLA2 – I know. Just venting to other players.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 That seems like a huge waste of essence since none of these events have been hard to place in the top 3 except the new PvP.

I also got my score reset twice, but I only lost all my stamina and a few stamina potions. I still have several hundred stamina potions.

The presents so far have given me medals, stamina potions and experience potions.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — So you started playing again, after losing your progress twice? What makes you think you won’t lose it again? How did you get so many stamina potions?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I have around 70 stamina drinks.

The ability to accumulate stamina drinks very much depends on the amount of competition you have in the events. Mine are mostly from the last 2 events – I had little competition in these. If you don’t need to spend them to stay in the top 3, then you shouldn’t. Best to save them for when they are needed.

Killerkea has probably saved his from the puzzles & dragons event, where there was a heap given out on the rewards wheel from each battle.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 I’m being optimistic about Rovio being able to fix their servers since they are a big company and should have a big competent IT staff, but I guess when they had their layoffs the good ones left and the bad ones stayed.

It is now more than 9 hours after the event started and my score was reset for the third time minutes ago. I’m hoping that they will fix this soon, but I’m not going to waste anymore stamina potions. I only used 3 stamina potions and lost 3 stamina I was supposed to get for watching a video. So far I’ve lost about 50 stamina and probably a total of around 2000-2500 pts due to the restarts.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I don’t see much point in doing anything with this event until Rovio have sorted out the score resetting issue. The only worthwhile thing to do is to collect the presents every so often – for the stamina drinks.

TomC
    @tomc

The only thing I’ve gotten from gift boxes are 15 medals each time and no other prizes.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@tomc Look at ineptidude’s post from about 5 1/2 h ago. You can get a heap of stuff from each present by tapping it lots of times very quickly.

this is a new cash cow feature! you don’t get it?

pay for stamina, use potions and try to play , game crashes you lose your stamina potions, rinse and repeat

play arena, game crashes you lose one battle, try again rinse and repeat, you lose all three battles buy your next entrance and crash again , rinse and repeat

get points in event, game resets and you lose all your points, use stamina potions to catch up , game crashes and you end up with 0 points again, rinse and repeat

so at the end all bugs make you spent more in the game without any benefit

Mattias Möller
    @mattias-moller1

I have lost all my medals 3 times thats about 4000 medals.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

The connection between internet and the game is not any more made.
    Would Rovio be solving the problem ?

Joey
    @joeyba

It connects Again to the Internet, problem still there!! I’m really disappointed !!

Jon
    @epicjon

@tomc Like other posts said, tap it really quickly over and over. The medals don’t matter because they keep going away but I’ve been getting stamina drinks, 2x XP things, and Snoutlings, which all seem to stay.

Would be nice if the ribbons were staying and the presents were like this. I don’t know how many total I’ve gotten from just the presents, over 1k I’m sure. Just got 180 from two presents a sec ago.

Hopefully they fix it soon. I guess I should fight some of the battles to get the hang of it for when/if it’s fixed.

I’m also having trouble connecting to Facebook again, in other news.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@epicjon I think there are five presents each time. I get around 900-950 medals from these each time I collect. These of course disappear. But today I have collected around 100 stamina drinks from the presents. Every time the game crashes and you restart there are another 5 presents. I also have a ton of experience potions and I don’t know how many snoutlings.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 233 total)
  • The topic ‘The Holidays Are Coming event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.