The Good and the Bad of the Current Upgraded Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Good and the Bad of the Current Upgraded Bugs

• The good:
    What ever missions you are on will let you keep collecting the items over and over without redoing the mission. This is also doing commercial viewing for additional points for nearly every mission, the limits seem to be missing.
    This has 2 benefits – filling up the silo and collecting the Energonicons.
    What ever transformer you are upgrading will allow you to upgrade it for nothing more than additional gems.

The bad
    The game is nearly impossible to actually play right now because everything is running tediously slow.
    Once the upgrade of your transformer is complete it continues to want to upgrade it and will display ??? for the level of the upgrade. The ??? level doesn’t appear to do anything other than cost you additional gems – can someone confirm this?
    Scrolling around the map is nearly impossible due to the tediously slow response
    Your rewards are slow to post (gems, coins, and pigs) are slow to post, make sure you wait or you will not get the points.
    Collecting the regular coins on the map is really time consuming due to the tediously slow response.
    The upgrade seems to be limited to the one character since I haven’t been able to access another character to upgrade.

Until this bug is fixed: focus on filling your silos, and getting all of the Energonicons. After that collect as many coins and gems as you can. Also upgrade you character to Level 15

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • eugene
    @eugene-alex

Additional bads on this:
    Once your character is at Level 15 it keeps looping so you can’t get back into the baracks to upgrade any other characters beacuse that character will sit in the bottom left of the screen with the Upgrade Complete message no matter how many times you select it.

The game is now running so slow for me it can take a half hour just to load after a couple of crashes. Collecting anything on the game board is nearly impossible due to how slow it runs.

And after I try to collect things from a mission I have had the game crash.

A very big bad thing on this upgrade:
    Internet connectivity – I used to be able to play the game without always being connected to the internet. Now it will not let me play unlesss I am connected. My tablet has WiFi so I do not always have internet access. Please restore the ability to play without internet connectivity.

coogarts
    @coogarts

I must be incredibly lucky. The only problem I encounter, good or bad, is that my game will crash about once a day. Wouldn’t mind getting some of those “good” bugs, though!

Red7827
    @gulgor0

None of this happens to me. I know that I’m saying is reduntant, but why not upgrade your devices if you are able to do so? It’s not always Rovio’s fault for these bugs.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I had the same lag issue – simple answer is to make sure you’re only playing on one device. However this will also put a stop to repeated mission rewards. As for the upgrade loop, I’ve still got this issue but Rovio are apparently working on it…

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I only play on one device and i am blessed with the good and bad.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Now I can clear one mission, and when I try to access a second mission it crashes. Haven’t been able to play for days. Just sitting back and enjoying the crashing.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

@eugene-alex I have same problems you are listing. I’m on galaxy4 tablet/android only one device.
    What has it been 9-10days now. I’m stuck on lev 293 bots are at 10-15.
    Rovio said server’s will come up with a fix. Boy I just can’t wait.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Dbirdy I am stuck at 299. I unlocked all Energonicons. I have over 6 million coins. My silo is full or close enough.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Another bad with this current bug
    Don’t do any bonus missions, you will lose the coins if the character is the one you were upgrading. Due to upgrade loop you will be unable to access the mission because it keeps looping upgrade complete and you can’t play what you just paid for.

Can I get a refund for my lost ten gems?

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Oh joy, I am getting an ad for Angry Birds 2 but I still can’t play ABT.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

Argo wasting everyone’s time. I’m sure that game will have its day with bugs and glitches.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

A very big bad thing on this upgrade:
    Internet connectivity – I used to be able to play the game without always being connected to the internet. Now it will not let me play unlesss I am connected. My tablet has WiFi so I do not always have internet access. Please restore the ability to play without internet connectivity.

I opened the app this morning and immediately encountered the “updating progress” screen/bug/loop, so I hard closed and turned off wifi and relaunched the app. In the past the app has opened and allowed me to play and when I want to use the doubler or generate an extra key, I turn wifi on with the app minimized and this ended the “updating progres” issue. However, today I got a screen telling me, “download failed — please check your internet connection and try again”.

What chicken fried nonsense have I wandered into now?! For the record, I have turned off automatic update and background refresh. Despite the mounting evidence to the contrary I continue to naively believe that Rovio wants us to be able to play this game…

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I am on the endless we need to update your progress and reboot. Then we will crash just because. Progress=zero.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Nearly a week and the bugs persist. I haven’t been able to do anything for 3 days due to a load crash reload crash loop.
    Will there be a fix for this anytime soon?

eugene
    @eugene-alex

20Qmindreader – good one. It sums up everything all of us have been saying.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Still waiting for a fix.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@20Qmindreader good article.

“Unless the developer has some sneaky plan I haven’t worked out yet, players can now play ad infinitum starting with a just a modest amount of “currency” and following a set of “recipes” (essentially gambling strategies) now published on the web by enterprising individuals.”

The correction for this “oops” is called “Updating progress” which, once you have all the Energonicons, selectively removes the gems and coins you have scored playing the slot machine that is the professor’s lab. It appears to me that I can play nodes and spend gems all day, but once I start playing the slot machine, the “Updating progress” FEATURE appears. Sure, I score materials and upgrades, but I never quite recover the same number of gems. I need to figure out how to backup and restore my game progress.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Papeans I also have all the Energonicons unlocked. After I filled the silo I found it worthless to waste jems on the professor. So I have been stock pilling gems, or at least I was until the game decided I am not allowed to play.

As for backing up and restoring, good luck, most people haven’t been able to play for two or three weeks.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Two weeks since I posted this, I’ve been unable to play for a week now. has anyone heard if a fix is in? I know many have reported that they have been unable to play for over three weeks.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@eugene-alex it’s true I can play the game, but any progress I make is removed by the “Updating Progress” feature. I was not playing at all until I read this thread and then I began playing the slot machine (professor’s lab) allowing the app to “update progress” in order to get the free upgrades, however the “feature” also resets my silo and my gems to such a low level I cannot upgrade anyway unless repeat the cycle of playing the slot machine to load up on materials/gems. Then the “Updating Progress” feature magically appears and the cycle begins again. So, six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. I can play, but it’s pointless.

Right now I refuse to allow the game to “Update my progress” so I can’t otherwise play…

eugene
    @eugene-alex

Pampeans I have been stuck in the upgrade progress loop. I wish I could get into the game, but no luck.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I have created a pdf file which shows what I did and how nothing changed. See if you can download it from here
    https://www.facebook.com/download/434148533443089/Updating%20Your%20Progress.pdf

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum The Good and the Bad of the Current Upgraded Bugs

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.