The Future

• People are discussing whether they have enough coins to upgrade as soon as the last TF finishes upgrading; and some people have talked about materials.

Before the upgrade, you needed two commodities to upgrade: time and coins. If you played a lot, time was the scarce commodity. The bottleneck was the time taken to upgrade the last character.

Now, there are more commodities in play: time, coins, materials, super rareium. Upgrading from level 10 to 11, the scarce commodity seems to be either coins or time. The materials are not a problem.

But in the future, it seems you need an extra super rareium for each upgrade above level 10 – hence one for 10 to 11; two for level 11 to 12 – and presumably five for level 14 to 15. The super rareiums only seem to come from the hardest mission portal – for missions of 7 hours or (probably) more. This makes me think that at the highest levels, the logjam will be accumulating enough super rareium – the coins, time and other materials will all be there once the super rareium has been gathered.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@weenaoise Acquiring Super Rareium won’t be a problem as long as you have the pigs for shortening mission time and gems for the extra slots in Hard missions.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“This makes me think that at the highest levels, the logjam will be accumulating enough super rareium – the coins, time and other materials will all be there once the super rareium has been gathered.”

I’ve been thinking about this as well and I agree with your general analysis, but one piece of the puzzle missing is the upgrade time to get from say L13 to L14 or from L14 to L15.

For example, L9 to L10 takes 1d, L10 to L11 takes 1d8h, and L11 to L12 takes 1d16h, so if the progression is anything close to linear, then L14 to L15 should be around 2d16h.

2d16h is enough time to run 5 x 12h missions. And if you use pigs to reduce your mission duration by 50% you could conceivably run as many as ten missions during that time. I don’t really see any issue with being able to collect 5 Super Rareiums in 2-and-a-half days if you’re a regular player, or even if you’re only logging on regularly simply to harvest coins and mats.

Also, even with only two TFs on a mission it’s pretty easy to earn three keys in the hard portal. So if you really want to hedge your bets, just pay 300 gems for the third slot and you’re good to go.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.