The Fellowship of the Wing Hat Event

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Fellowship of the Wing Hat Event

• I have to wait until tomorrow to play TOF because I already used my free turn. Hope I get lucky and get a couple of hats without having to spend too many gems.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • SB311
    @sb311

I wonder how long it will take to see people with full sets on the ME Leaderboards. :/

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I wonder how long it will take to see people with full sets on the ME Leaderboards. :/

Within 1-2 days at most.  The pay to rank players will simply keep playing the Tower of Misfortune until they get all the hats as it doesn’t matter how many gems they have to spend.

SB311
    @sb311

Just checked and one of the top five already has the full set. Wow…that was fast. Hope I can get 3 or 4. That’s usually what I get. :)

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Yet another ToF/Buy-in event? It seems Rovio has shifted its strategy fully on reeling in the whales, while leaving new (and FTP) players out picking crumbs.

Also, these continuous “hat events” have another annoying side. After the event you have to remember restore the good hats to birds and every time more hats are added, it becomes more laborous to scroll thru hat selection. Apparently using selection table for hats instead of long line to scroll is too much of a QoL change for Rovio.

It’s like Rovio is slowly trying to suck away the will to play their game. It took nearly 6 months to reach FP 500, but I have serious doubts whether I keep playing much longer.

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

I would like to see some more x4 hats and perhaps some x6 hats.

SB311
    @sb311

I am stuck on level 6. I’m pretty sure I need chuck… I only have blues and red. Missed chuck by one card earlier. Hope I get his hat tomorrow.

I have made it to the third room, but i cant seem to get a big enough hit to get a spell card like inflator or ME. Anyone else stuck on level 6?

Also, I dont understand why they have a 10 minute wait time when you cant pay to continue. Wouldn’t you be more willing to pay if you have to wait 10 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes. Seems strange.

Joe B.
    @joeb

Still trying to get through level 1 with red and blues. Almost had it through the 2nd room.

The fact that they increased the weight time from 5 to 10 minutes only makes the game more annoying for non-paying players and further drives the game away from the original concept that was so successful- Play the level as many times it takes until you master it. No one wants longer wait times to play and it’s a pathetic way to temp players to quit trying and pay real $ for the bird hats in TOF.

@nas76

I had the weirdest run on ToF yesterday.  I got to level 55, very rare, having only got about 5 pigs on the way.  I get the new hats for Red, Blues and Chuck but somehow I missed all of the others.  Missing one or two of them, fine, but all of them.  I didn’t even get any of the x10 hat on levels 30, 40 or 50, which would have been a decent consolation.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

That’s just Tower of Misfortune showing its more devious side. My best run ended soon after level 50, because I ran out of jewels. I missed every single good hat on that run! No event hats, no 10x hats. I had mixed feelings, because I ended little bigger stash of jewels and I made my record run… but all those missed hats almost made a grown man cry.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

In this event, I managed to get 4 hats so far. Cost? no cost…in fact, I earned around 20 gems.  The 1st day I reached 30th floor, hit 3 pigs, paid 70 gems but got 48 gems back.

The 2nd day, I reached 10th floor, got 2 pigs, cost me 20 gems but earned 5x gems back. The hat in 10th floor was exactly in the same position of last run…so made it easier to get.

Lucky? yes. By the way, in the 1st day I used FF button to let system picked card for me.

SB311
    @sb311

Didn’t get chuck’s hat today, but I was able to get through level 6 with just blues and red. I finally got the duck spell and some luck in the fourth room. On to level 7…

I did get another legendary hat I didn’t have so at least I didnt go empty handed. :)

SB311
    @sb311

Just played level 7 which has 6 rooms and they added the option to pay 60 gems for more birds after I failed. May have to use that if I get to the last room. Probably would be cheaper than going through the TOF. Wonder if you get a spell card if you only have 2 birds or double one of the birds you have?

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

All I have is red’s hat and haven’t even bothered to try the event except once. I don’t see level 1 being winnable with only one bird.

I actually chose to stop on the 5th floor of the Tower of Misfortune after getting the hat because I had no doubt I would have hit a pig the next floor and probably the floor after that. I’d rather get at least one hat for free out of it than risk my luck.

cognitive
    @cognitive

in light of the MEBC cheating epidemic, I wonder why Rovio spends more time rigging ToF than actually fixing critical issues…

SB311
    @sb311

Had to pay gems to finish the last 2 rooms of level 7 even though I got Chuck’s hat today. I just couldn’t get enough spell cards even though I did get an ME in the first room and there were so many different structures at varying heights. Level 8 is not much better. I really think I need bomb. :(

Hope we get a double BP event soon if I’m able to finish level 8 because I usually pick BP or feathers. I have only had one legendary hat pop up in a “free” legendary chest.

Buster
    @doulgas

I made it through level 6 without too much trouble but am bogged down on 7. I have 4 hats (blue, yellow, bomb, and red) and usually that’s enough if I can figure out an angle. But I can’t seem to get out of the first room with fewer than 3 shots, which won’t carry me very far.

I even resorted to You Tube for hints but all the ones I saw were from players with all the hats and enormous FP totals.

SB311
    @sb311

I have blues, chuck, and red. Missed bomb today by one card.

I have made it to the fourth room in level 7 with one or two birds. In the first room I use red to knock over the first pillar structure and you need the debris to fall through the portal and take out all but one pig on the far upside down structure through the portal. I then use blues and aim at the closest pig and activate the triple power and take out all those pigs in the balloon formation. I usually get a pig inflator and use it to kill the last pig that was left behind on the right side.

SB311
    @sb311

Still wasn’t able to get bomb in TOMF, couldnt even make it to level 20 before I gave up.

I ended up finishing level 8 by paying gems after I made it to the fifth room with blues. I waited in the fourth room and everything collapsed out of no where so I only had to use one bird. I was so surprised. I tried it in the fifth but only one stick fell but didn’t pop any balloons. The last room has two mainly stone structures so bomb probably would have been helpful, but I knocked them over with red.

The rewards were pretty lame for a legendary chest: 6000 blue feathers, 850 BP, 1500 BP, 500 BP and 4000 yellow feathers. To be legendary, I think those prizes should be at least tripled. I got 12000 black feathers from a rare chest just yesterday. Of course, I got 850 BP again. :/

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Fellowship of the Wing Hat Event

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.