Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

@kedik22
    I see you in my tournament in fourth place with 341 points.
    1st = Hal 1338
    2nd = Anatolii 1147
    3rd = Ahopen 449
    4th = Jan 341

I am in 9th place with 127 stars as you say. Now this is down right interesting…like star wars stuff…hope @bankler can explain this so a non IT person like me will understand what we are viewing in two separate Arenas.

What is your avatar for the game, it is dark and hard to see?

Thanks for the compliments but you and I have only two metals and all these others have “22” so to speak…

I have some high scores in the first 60 regular levels of the game that I posted on ABN. There is another player who is marching through each “world” obtaining the highest scores possible and posting on ABN. I figured out how he does it and beat his scores twice. I am unable to beat his third postings in ABN. It costs a lot of money to purchase gems with his strategy in order to top his scores. He is really good and has a lot more money than I.
    I am friends with the flinger who leads the ABN Leaderboards but he will be overtaken by this new flinger in about 4 weeks.
    You have beaten me in the Arena on every occasion. I try to get into the top 3 but with the “choosen 4” usually end up behind you, Dan and some Red birds with numbers.

peter-barlow
    @peter-barlow

Here’s an even simpler solution – get rid of the fucking stupid free birds at the end of the game. If you lose you lose ,end of story.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@wrw01

Hi.
    Currently in my list:
    Waters 7th with 127, me (Jan) third with 341.
    Hâl first with 1,369 and Anatolli with 1,147.
    Seems scores are not different, my bad.

My avatar is an angry flying albatross, thought it be cool.
    Putting up scores in ABN (more than 2,000 of them) is kind of a hassle, so not my priority.
    My time is better spent playing!!!

So the questions for @bankler would be:
    Players are participating in tournaments they do not even see or know about?
    Therefore they can earn two or more medals every week?
    Specially if they are fakes, hackers or cheaters?
    Obvious conclusion: Very good players and/or players that spend a lot of money are providing incentives to other players in other tournaments to spend money in order to place better in their own tournaments.
    Don´t know how to call this, maybe at the very least not being transparent?
    And dishonest players are being awarded more than once while honest players are not awarded at all?
    AND big money spenders, well seems they are getting their money´s worth, unknowingly.

Seriously @bankler, just how many diamond players are there?

Kind regards.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@peter-barlow Thanks for joining the Nest. This is a family friendly site, so please no foul language.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Here’s an even simpler solution – get rid of the stupid free birds at the end of the game. If you lose you lose ,end of story.

Then there would be no reason to watch the ads, and Rovio doesn’t make $$ off your loss… So that won’t happen anytime soon.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@kedik22
    “Players are participating in tournaments they do not even see or know about?”
    You could say that. They don’t get any medals or anything from winning in “your” tournament. The only real tournament from their perspective is the one they see themselves.

“Therefore they can earn two or more medals every week?”
    No. You’re only rewarded for winning the tournament you see.

“Very good players and/or players that spend a lot of money are providing incentives to other players in other tournaments to spend money in order to place better in their own tournaments.”
    Sure, but the system does not select people that are skilled or spend a lot and put them in more tournaments than low-performing/non-spending players. All players should be pretty evenly spread out in tournaments.

“How many diamond players are there?”
    Honestly, I don’t know.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

Hi.
    Thanks for getting back so soon and so precise.

About the number of players, and this is just me being curious.
    It “feels” there are not so many, based on tournaments and daily arena play.

Less than fifty?
    More than 100?
    In the thousands?

What would your feeling be?

Kind regards.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@bankler, if opponents extra card plays (for watching a video) are no longer included, isn’t this creating a ‘non-level’ playing field if I am then able to watch a video and hence get an extra bird?

While I complained about being matched against players with 5 spells, I understand the ability to pay for spells is an available option to all players. I could suck it up and pay more than the initial game price if I so chose.

My primary interest is ‘fair conpetition.’ If I can get an extra bird to beat an opponent who doesn’t have that same option in their recorded game, it certainly ‘cheapens’ my win.

I have noticed on a few occasions I am able to watch a video and get an extra bird when I have already defeated the player – thus beating them by even more. There have also been a few occasions (the ones I remember are in very close matches) where I did not get the option to watch a video for a pen extra bird and ended up loosing.

I wish these occasional glitches could be addressed rather than providing us with the opportunity to use the score from an extra bird just to beat an opponent. I assume most players are just interested in a fair competition.

Thank you for your continued responses to our comments and complaints. This does a great deal to encourage continued participation.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Forgive my terminology if I’m mistaken. Right now I’m a rank 52. Almost all of these 5 spell opponents I face in the Diamond league are a very low rank. Normally in the teens or single digits but yet they have all birds that are 8’s. Wouldn’t someone have to buy these birds to be 8’s instead of earning there way up the ladder? If so that is quite pricy plus throwing in the 5 spells. Would someone actually spend that much money on a game? Possibly I suppose but I suspect these repeated opponents are fakes. Perhaps I’m wrong. I know they beat the brakes off of me. I’ve only scored over 6 million twice and these folks do it with ease.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@bankler

@wrw01

Hi.
    So this is how things stand in my tournament.
    Hâl 1,825 stars with Anatolli a far second with 1,545.
    I am third with 1,370 stars, BEHIND the leader!!!
    Someone please explain to me how this is a fair and interesting competition?

I have noticed that these guys change their names back and forth all the time.
    Hâl changes to Red #37637 and Anatolli to Red #24937.
    And this happens during or after they rack up a big number of stars, in the hundreds.
    This coincidence is probably due to a hack, hard to believe it is a technical bug or glitch.

So @bankler, besides from being downgraded, what would the interesting, fun or competitive reasons me and all other 12 tournament participants have for returning to the arena every day?

Kind regards.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@kedik22
    I have noticed the same name changing of those two players as you, I assumed it was due to them being off line but I do not know…

I see you in my Diamond League and your are 5th.
    1. Hal with 1825
    2. Anatolii with 1545, Hey kedik22 the name appears on my screen to have two “ii” or two “II” at the end of the name, is yours different? I only see one “L”, if that is a L.
    3. Anopen with 543
    4. Meester with 480
    5. Jan with 469
    9th is me with 179

In the last three weeks the arena has been very demotivating, at least to me, to play because once one gets to the Diamond League it is orientated to the negative with very little reward for the positive to its members:
    A. We do not get any more feathers but they keep giving them to us. We should be the same amount of gems for our Star number.
    B. We cannot not go up or get any real rewards for being on top but we sure can go down when we get demoted for finishing in the bottom 3 positions…talk about being punitive with zero positive reinforcement or reward, this one really “takes the cake” on being only negative
    C. The cheats, hacks, etc., appear to still permitted in the arena. This has to be the most demotivating aspect of playing in the Arena in the past, present and future.
    D. What chance does an honest player have to at least obtain the only reward of the diamond league offers, the metals, basically none…so why do we still play?
    E. Yes we can improve our Star numbers but I do not know if that really does anything. I have defeated others with higher star numbers, so what is really their value? Please explain
    F. Oh yea, I forgot the most useless item that anyone could have thought of…The Snow Flake…get that one as your last spell in the Arena or Regular play and you are guaranteed to loose…what use does it provide? Someone must have had a sadistic game play sense of humor to think that one up and let it be the LAST spell, with not blue birds following it. I have received the Snow Flake as my last item on a few occasions and talk about demotivating and negative, I did not loose through my efforts or mistakes, the game took it away from me.

The same thought of being downgraded entered my mind but I am hoping that the programmers will be able to eliminate the hacks and cheats in the future. I do not think I can again obtain the feathers that I already obtained previously. For me it is a matter of faith in the folks who are getting paid to go a good programming job so I keep playing in the Arena if only not to get demoted because I have NO chance of ever getting another metal with the top four in my Diamond League. I hope they are honest players but I cannot see how they can obtain all those stars without spending a few bucks each week or they know something that I do not.

@bankler

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I must be missing something! I am top of my league (Diamond League) with something like 260 points. I type this as the league nearly closes for the week.

I tend to play 8-10 games a day (one free/one after a video) depending on work/travel/internet availability factors

10 games a day – even if you win them all getting let’s say 6 stars (and that never ever happens) gives you 60 stars a day. 7 days a week is 420 stars.

So how do some people have over 1,000 stars in a tournament in a week? Maybe they play the games spending 12 gems but that is one hell of a spend and I can’t believe people do that – do people really have the time and finances for that?

So am I missing something? How on earth does someone have over 1300 stars?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@jeremyharrod – I don’t think you’re missing anything, just lucky in the league you’ve been placed in. And believe me, people do pay to play. I worked it out, one gold medal winner paid around £40 to win one week. Crazy.

This week in my diamond league, leader has nearly 1,100. I’m in 6th with 300 (I never pay extra for more tries) and those with less than 94 will be relegated.

Funny to watch those placed around me spending gems for extra goes to finish 4th and 5th. What’s the point? No medal and paltry prize.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@kedik22 – Although it’s a good and relevant question, I’d be amazed if bankler answers your question, even if he does know. Game companies are all to happy to inform you of a game has been downloaded 2 millions times, but rarely release how many people actually play it.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@aeshna
    Hi.
    I am certain (well, hope is the better word) that @bankler will give some type of answer, he really is a great guy.

And @wrw01
    I concur with points A through E.
    The famous blizzard, I think it serves the luck-frustration factor that keeps you coming back to the game. Don´t get me wrong, even it it comes in handy very seldomly, I really hate it!
    In my new tournament things stand like this:
    Confirmed cheater (by @bankler) Carl with 1,981 stars with three hours of playtime.
    Other unworthy participants: Anatolii (two ii´s at the end) and Ahopeñ.
    I have you last with 0, is this your list as well?

So I guess we both will have to wait another week for a good medal opportunity!

wrw01
    @wrw01

@kedik22
    Yes we are in the same league. Just opened it up and played two times. Won and lost so now I have nine.

It seems we always get the same top four every week. Why can’t we be placed randomly for each new competition? That way we may have a chance to win if our top four plus our hacker go to another pool?
    They have said each player we play against are randomly selected given our star level so why not the 15 players in our league screen?
    Maybe there is a shortage of diamond league players to select from? But they informed us we can be in different Diamomd league screens/games at the same time but I only see one and it is usually with the same 4-5 flingers I have no chance to win against. I am not whining or being a sore loser but I am getting discouraged when the possibility of ever winning a top position is taken away before the game starts.
    On the other side, I could spend $100.00 per week and use the gems in the Arena to try to get in the top three. But the reward is too small for the money spent, one cannot use the reward in future game play like in ABTransformers when you win you add a Transformer and its equipment for future game play. The reward becomes utilitarian to the game play. The arena metals have no useful function in game play so why spend the money.
    Yes it is nice to win and obtain a wall of metals but to spend money to decorate the wall, I would rather eat first. If they do change the philosophy of the arena to more utilitarian rewards then I will probably reconsider spending money.

For now getting some stars so I do not suffer the negativity of the Arena is my only goal until they even out the players.

Ok, instead of leagues of 15, lets have 5 in a league. Place the players in the same league that have similar metal counts, star scores, etc. Put all the money spenders, hacks and top players in the same league or leagues. Just a thought

Got to start breakfast.

@bankler

kedik22
    @kedik22

@wrw01

Hi.
    Yes, at this stage in the game not spending any money and or gems is the wise option.
    That is probably why Rovio drastically changes the rules of the game midway, in favour of their pocket.
    We´ll have to wait what money grabbing novelties Rovio brings to the game.
    Kind regards.

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.